Topics

sequels

We Recommend

• Cyberninja - November 21, 2013 5:56 a.m.

I think "The World Ends With You" belongs here
  • jedisamurai - November 21, 2013 4:30 p.m.

Yes it does! The game was without a doubt the greatest game ever made on the DS.
  • Prodigy916 - November 21, 2013 5:46 a.m.

I Would love another Bully game, Definitely one of my favorite older games. But also what about Phantasy Star Universe am i the only one who actually really enjoyed that game?
  • Shnubby - November 21, 2013 5:42 a.m.

Put "Enslaved: Odyssey to the West" on this list!
  • jedisamurai - November 21, 2013 4:31 p.m.

But then you'd have to put Heavenly Sword in there too. Both awesome games that were wildly under-rated.
  • Shnubby - November 22, 2013 6:35 a.m.

Very true, I try to get a lot of my friends to borrow and play my copy of Enslaved and they just don't seem to be interested, mostly because it's not a first person shooter! Some of the gamers in my generation are ridiculous!
  • Bloodstorm - November 21, 2013 5:34 a.m.

The Last of Us might not need a sequel, but I sure do want to see one. I wouldn't want it to follow Joel and Ellie, their story is done, and Naughty Dog has already said as much. The world, however, is ripe for the picking. It is one of those series where the setting is just so engrossing, and as long as a good story is told, it doesn't matter if each new game features a new character.
  • Swedish_Chef - November 21, 2013 4:49 a.m.

BURNING RANGERS! We gonna make it alright! BURNING RANGERS! Oi kaze ukete! BURNING RANGERS! Hashiritsuzukeru yo! JUST DO IT! JUST BURNING RANGERRRRRRS!!! ...Damnit now I'm going to have that damn song stuck in my head all day.
  • somerandomchap - November 21, 2013 4:32 a.m.

Even though you think Bully and Vanquish shouldn't have a sequel just because it would be more of the same, i believe that it would be the perfect reason to have a sequel. Bully is one of my favourite games of the last generation (2 generations ago i guess) but despite how great it was the world felt really restricted, it had lots to do but it was really small and outside of preset interactions you couldn't really achieve the same random fun possible in RDR or GTA 4/5. I think building it with rockstar's latest engine and giving the attention to detail that was given to RDR and GTA would perfect the game. And Vanquish, the gameplay can barely be improved but that is why it would be great to make a sequel, they focused so heavily on the gameplay, the game length, enemy variety, mission structures took a backseat, not saying they weren't great but a sequel with the gameplay already in place would give them a lot more time to focus on the rest of the game and create something extraordinary.
  • CitizenWolfie - November 21, 2013 4:32 a.m.

SOTC and Bully are probably 1 and 3 respectively in my favourite PS2 games ever list and I agree, neither really need a sequel. However I would love to play a new version of Bully (as in new school and characters) with GTAV's graphics engine and deliver hundreds of nut shots in glorious HD. But with both games I'd rather newer games take a large influence from them instead of official sequels. While I agree it doesn't need a sequel, I do think we'll see Last of Us 2. It wouldn't make sense for Naughty Dog not to continue one of the biggest new IPs of the generation. But I'd prefer it to be a separate story that happens to take place in the same post-apocalyptic world instead of tenuously extending Joel and Ellie's tale.