We Recommend

• TreyTable - March 8, 2012 4:32 p.m.

I have Earthbound on my Virtual Console. Sure, my Virtual Console is on a modded Xbox, but just like on the Wii it is still emulation. Same with Lunar 2.
  • jmcgrotty - March 4, 2012 2:21 a.m.

I just KNEW something in this article would piss me off. Didn't expect it to happen by the second title... Let me at least start with a postive comment: You're right about the quality of the game. I was glad to get my copy when the "Complete" edition came out for the PSX. Now, having said that... Re-releases of Lunar 2 "won’t come cheap if you want to buy them now "? Bull. At the very least, you have a vastly different opinion of "not cheap" than I do. Based on a quick count on eBay, there are 29 copies for sale below $70. This includes the box set version and just the game. Why does that $70 number matter? That is what it cost when released (well, $69.95). Amazon has 8 @ $70 or less. When you can find so many copies of a game for well below "new" price, that can't be considered "not cheap." (Unless your point was that it was NEVER cheap) Mega Man anything needs to be buried and forgotten. It's a ridiculouly bad franchise. Just like a few other NES debuts, it is one that topped out with one of the very first games in the series and was downhill from then on (Legend Of Zelda is this way, too. The original Legend of Zelda is the best, by far). Mega Man 1 was good, Mega Man 2 was a little bette, but not much... basically a tie. After that? Crap after crap aftere crap after crap. I swear, sometimes I think that you people don't actually PLAY games before you make a comment about them. No one in their right mind who has played any of the Mega Mans (except 1 & 2) can have positive things to say about it. "Maniac Mansion and its sequel, Day of the Tentacle. Both are considered high points in the adventure-game genre." Maniac Mansion is absolute bliss. Day Of The Tentacle sucked donkey eggs. Not a good game, and when compared to Maniac Mansion, it's really, really bad. By the way, the Maniac Mansion censorship story is a great read. Not saying it was a good thing to do, but reading about it just leaves you shaking your head at Howard Lincoln and making a noise someplace between a laugh of humor and a snort of ridiculousness. http://www.crockford.com/wrrrld/maniac.html is the story of it, told by one of the guys at LucasArts who had to deal with it. By the way, I'll add this just so you can laugh and make fun of me: It took me probably 5 years after it's PC release before I realized it was "Maniac Mansion", and not "Manic Mansion." Even worse than the Dandy Warhols "Crack Cocaine Rager," which for 3 years I thought was "Crack Cocaine Ranger," even though I knew the band and was VERY involved in that community (for lack of a better word)... I'll end on a high note: Glad you put EarthBound on there. It is the absolute #1 title for this topic, and a no-brainer.
  • RedOutlive10 - February 13, 2012 2:19 p.m.

Bioshock was exactly like System Shock 2, even the story was copy/paste. But some things were simplified big time.
  • coyoteDUSTER - February 11, 2012 12:28 p.m.

I would love for the old King's Quest games to be re-released on PSN or something.
  • marc-william-brown - February 11, 2012 8:38 a.m.

i still have a copy of day of the tentacle,fate of atlantis and full throttle in some old point n' click pack from lucasarts!
  • Thequestion 121 - February 10, 2012 7:53 p.m.

I had Mega Man Legends 1 and 2 for a long time before I gave them away to a friend. I really regret doing that now...
  • EngieIndeed - February 10, 2012 6:36 p.m.

I actually got Legends maybe a year or two after it came out. I still have it, and it still remains one of my favorite ps1 games.
  • Darkhawk - February 9, 2012 3:37 p.m.

You can consult with Cousin ROM for most of these.
  • Sjoeki - February 9, 2012 12:47 p.m.

Day of the tentacle, one of the first games I ever played! Never finished it cause I needed someone to translate it for me, I'm stopping here as I'm starting to feel old now.
  • Zeos - February 9, 2012 11:13 a.m.

Oh Mega Man Legends...how I miss you. I sadly never even got to play the second one either.
  • JonahTHD - February 9, 2012 11:03 a.m.

Uuuuum, Lunar Silver Star Harmony was released by Xseed, not Ubisoft.
  • BrittonPeele - February 9, 2012 12:48 p.m.

You're right, that mistake is on me. Ubisoft only published Lunar Legend and Lunar: Dragon Song (and we know how that one went). At least in the US.
  • JonahTHD - February 29, 2012 7:46 p.m.

Unfortunately, (or fortunately...?) I haven't played much of Dragon Song, so I don't see the problem, except for how annoyingly difficult it is to obtain money.
  • GamesRadarMikelReparaz - February 9, 2012 2:09 p.m.

Fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.
  • JonahTHD - February 29, 2012 7:40 p.m.

No problem.
  • Bawheidbob - February 9, 2012 10:42 a.m.

Well there you go i never knew that about Unirally - Great game as well i used to have it.....now i wish i still did.
  • avery78 - February 9, 2012 9:01 a.m.

I still have my copies of Lunar and Lunar 2 for the PS, glad I never got rid of them, great games.
  • Rhymenocerous - February 9, 2012 8:52 a.m.

Flashback and/or Fade to Black. Also Martian Gothic: Unification could do with a remake.
  • celticwhisper - February 9, 2012 7:41 a.m.

I'd love to see a Lunar 2 remake/port/adaptation/whatever, but I don't want Ubisoft coming within a hundred miles of it. I can just see it - you finally beat Borgan after 16 tries (half of which involved you getting one-shotted by him on his first turn) and as you're dancing your victory dance, you see "NETWORK CONNECTION LOST. DRM ERROR. GAME SHUTTING DOWN. YOU PROBABLY PIRATED THE LIMITED-EDITION REPLICA OF LUCIA'S PENDANT, TOO, DIDN'T YOU?" Now, Atlus? Atlus I would trust to do it justice - they seem to be this generation's Working Designs. They know how to treat fans and they've already picked up the Growlanser franchise from WD. But no DRM-obsessed, authentication-happy, internet-connection-craving Ubisoft. They can keep their tentacles right the fuck away from Lunar 2.
  • alismmka - February 9, 2012 5:57 a.m.

i think this might be the only reason i support piracy