We Recommend

• phoenixwright13 - May 24, 2013 6:41 p.m.

Infinite is like the Duke Nukem forever of Bioshock Games.
  • mafyooz - May 3, 2013 2:48 p.m.

Whooop! Just finished it so finally allowed myself to read this article. All of these are pretty true, the thing that got me though was opening a box of chocolates and finding coffee and money inside....
  • megalodon - April 27, 2013 6:29 a.m.

I was 50/50 on the fence while playing Infinite,some things i liked something i didnt but that whole Summon a bird to take out blimps battle was the worst most frustrating and tedious boring mission in a very long time the salts ran out to fast ,didnt really care for the sky lining, but the nail in the coffin was that there doesnt see to be any happy endings the father daughter your the younger version of the bad guy all but killed the replay value for me
  • Technomancer - April 25, 2013 11:16 a.m.

The whole point of Booker saying that he'd never heard of Columbia before is because in his home reality, Columbia never existed.
  • SwirlyGreenLogo - April 24, 2013 3:18 p.m.

The 1999 Mode one made me laugh pretty hard... I absolutely HATED the whole Comstock blimp segment at the end. It's arguably the coolest thing you got to do the whole game, and it was applied to what was essentially a variation of an escort mission. :(
  • Fuzunga - April 24, 2013 12:36 p.m.

Something I noticed almost immediately was how many birds there were. Birds don't live that high up! It kind of weirded me out. And those apples! Blech. The tears were originally going to be more in-depth, but were changed. Too bad about that. And I hate, hate, HATE boss fights in FPS games. I've never played a single one where they work. I liked not fighting Songbird. Also, no, you don't actually accomplish anything at all. All you do is create another set of realities in which Booker dies at the point of the baptism and Columbia never exists. But, of course, the option that the he DOESN'T drown can't be eliminated. There always has to be a Booker to survive or the events of the game can't even happen. It's implied that Booker's life is actually a continuous loop. The coin flip early on is significant in that it shows you Booker has done this many, many times before. Really, my big complaint is that a lot of the enemies weren't developed at all. I thought the Handyman was going to be a big deal and you only fight a few of them. They dont' have much of a story, either. They're just sort of... there. Songbird was tragically underdeveloped as a character. What the hell was it, exactly? And for some reason there were random guys that were super strong and used vigors. But not EVERY vigor. Really just two or three of them. And, like the crow guy, they had completely different powers than the ones you had. What was that about?
  • wittynickname - April 24, 2013 7:36 a.m.

Matt Bradford: the statement you're searching for is "couldn't care less." The residents of Columbia COULDN'T care less about the availability of vigors. Because their care is at zero, and cannot go any lower. If they could care less, then they must care SOME. And that's not what you meant to say.
  • rainn'sgaydar - April 24, 2013 5:31 a.m.

The pretentious response to this game from a lot of Indie developers really soured me a bit on the whole Indie scene. I realize that isn't what you're doing here, but I'm saying it here anyway.
  • taokaka - April 24, 2013 1:19 a.m.

One nitpick I had with the game came from when you are first presented with the choice to steal something and the obnoxious in game hint system gave me this piece of gold, it warned me that stealing may have negative consequences. I'd expect such wisdom to appear on a kids show, not in Bioshock.
  • ejaylee - April 23, 2013 11:08 p.m.

The one about light drizzles and falling bodies are easily explained. How did Booker get to Columbia? Via a Rocket. Where was the Rocket? On a lighthouse IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN. Now given the fact of the massive expanse of water, water currents and sharks, it's probable that no one will find the poor sods. Also probable is that Columbia is the Bermuda Triangle, maybe it salvaged ships from below in that area. That would explain EVERYTHING!
  • HerpingmyDerp69 - May 3, 2013 12:59 p.m.

Its off the coast of Maine, and when you look at the ground below when you're on Columbia you'll see fields of Grass.
  • Fox_Mulder - April 23, 2013 9:44 p.m.

The Dimwit and Duke gripe reminded me of when Elizabeth talks about it during that section. She says something to the effect of "Look! It's the new Dimwit and Duke! I used to LOVE these as a kid. It took them a while to get the latest one out. I heard it was delayed three times!" Obviously a reference to Infinite's delays. I laughed even the third time hearing it.
  • Bloodstorm - April 24, 2013 5:50 a.m.

I couldn't help but laugh at that either.
  • mucusmembrane - April 23, 2013 7:50 p.m.

think elizzybeth was not sexy enough and too normal. plus she never really made many effort to be sexy or make the game interesing like the girl characters in dead or alive fighting. something like dead or alive would have been m,ore better and sold more games.
  • Fox_Mulder - April 23, 2013 9:40 p.m.

Style over substance? Would you rather have Elizabeth be just another "sexy female in a video game", brain dead with her breasts being her main focus? Or, like how she is in Infinite, one of (if not the) best female characters in games period. Oh wait, you're just trolling. I hope.
  • mucusmembrane - April 24, 2013 10:32 a.m.

I think she shud have dreadlocks or something
  • HerpingmyDerp69 - May 3, 2013 1:06 p.m.

How was she the "Best Female" character in video games? She did NOTHING, except run around, give shitty facial expressions, act like a spoiled brat, "I WANNA GO TO PARIS, ILL HIT YOU WITH A WRENCH" She had no development at all, "Im mad you killed A LOT people, so ill run away, until you just touch my shoulder and say you had to do it, then its ok" She said nothing important, she just randomly spouts shit, one moment shes happy, the next "DO YOU THINK IM A FREAK" then there is the fact she was locked up in a tower her whole life, but she can communicate perfectly with everyone in the outside world, and isnt scared of anything, THEN there is the fact she gets her powers back, and she just tells you everything like she knew all along, and the list goes on...Ask yourself, would you have liked her if she was ugly? She was more interesting in the 2011 trailer, now shes just a shitty AI that cant get hurt, or kidnapped, and just randomly throws you shit, except in 1999 mode, where she was just worthless.
  • haxxoromg - April 23, 2013 10:57 p.m.

0bvi0u5 7r011 is 0bvi0u5
  • mucusmembrane - April 24, 2013 10:33 a.m.