We Recommend

• seabassuk - April 28, 2011 3:30 p.m.

FVDub - 2 days 14 hours ago "*cough*gameplay stuck in 1998*cough* Sorry MGS fans." Why mess with perfection. Sorry MGS haters.
  • Fiirestorm21 - April 28, 2011 12:48 a.m.

Agreed. And while it's not as bad as Resident Evil, the controls can be really annoying as well. That said, the imagination and creativity shown off with each installment wins me back every time.
  • moan4stalone - April 27, 2011 6:39 p.m.

Metal gear acid 2 was great because it came with 3d glasses way before any one else was doing 3d(mk9 crysis 2.)
  • Zanthis - April 26, 2011 11:34 p.m.

Perfect criticisms of the series. Not much more to say than that.
  • RedOutlive10 - April 26, 2011 9:06 p.m.

Any Raiden sucks. Couldn't care less about some Final Fantasy reject with spunk blood.
  • batmanboy11 - April 26, 2011 8:46 p.m.

I'm a huge Metal Gear fan, and I don't disagree with any of these entries. #5 is especially bad for me, since I don't know anyone with Peace Walker and I gave up trying to beat it by myself...
  • ollie-russell - August 22, 2012 4:34 a.m.

hey dude peace walker is now on ps3 :D
  • ObliqueZombie - April 26, 2011 8:09 p.m.

You guys can always dish on the Hate. Hate Week is a great week for anyone who has any complaints, however minor or major, about any major franchise in history and just needs to... well, have their ideas portrayed through a professional journlist. More Week of Hate, please? I need to vent. And bash something REALLY good next time!
  • Kethmach - April 26, 2011 7:28 p.m.

Yeah... 1-4 are the reasons I hated and left MGS behind. I really, really , REALLY loved MGS and 2 just pissed me off... and it was stupid. Then 3 and 4 just bored me to tears and REALLY pushed the 1-4 complaints to new levels. (Yes, I tried them even after 2 which I hated... and 3 which I hated more... and I STILL tried 4 and... hated that one too). I heard about the PSP versions being 'better', but as I pretty much hate the series now (for reasons 1-4 AND the fact that I spent money on 2,3,4) I wasn't about to buy a PSP for MGS. It's great to hear someone say "wow- this shit annoyed us too".
  • Kipper - April 26, 2011 6:37 p.m.

Well, I've only played some of MGS1, but just 2 of the reasons I disliked it are: being able to see someone at the top of some stairs, but only being able to shoot horizontally >_<. Ans secondly, all the stupid names. A boss called Revolver Ocelot? Ooh, look, I'm an ocelot, a small cute furry cat - how menacing....
  • rob619 - April 26, 2011 5:57 p.m.

same as point 3. 5: I would agree, but hey its MGS on the move, and that cant be all bad.
  • jackthemenace - April 26, 2011 2:55 p.m.

No matter what anyone says, I have always and WILL always Love Raiden, even BEFORE he was the badass Cyborg-ninja. Of course, him being a badass Cyborg-ninja does HELP, but I still love him even without his gigantic robo-fringe.
  • FauxFurry - April 26, 2011 1:26 p.m.

Not that I'm surprised in the slightest by any of these entry items, I am nonetheless pleased that they were neither completely baseless nor repetition of "It's too perfect". Number 3 wasn't nearly as problematic in MGS4 as it was in earlier games as I learned first hand trying the exact same tactics only to have the enemies flush Snake out of hiding on multiple occassions or kicking over his cardboard box even though noone saw him hide under it. The Metal Gear Solid series' generic guard has finally reached the loftly goal of becoming semi-adequate for the job for which they were hired but not so difficult that the player is made to realize what a bad idea it is to send a single geriatric sleath operative into enemy territory with little else but a knife and a Mood Suit.
  • JasonStatham - April 26, 2011 1:22 p.m.

Haha nice article Raparaz, but... FUCK YOU MGS IS TEH BEST SERIES EVAR. Seriously though, long cutscenes and baffling plotlines have been accepted parts of the series since MGS1 - it's the reason the series has such a fanbase. And peace walker is FUCKING AWESOME, I hate the psp and only picket PW up a few weeks ago, but it really is an excellent game. Also, both psp games are prequels, and are not neccessarily essential to the understanding of the series' main plotlines.
  • philipshaw - April 26, 2011 1:13 p.m.

I love MGS, MGS3 is still my favourite game of all time but I completely agree with this whole list
  • yonderTheGreat - April 26, 2011 12:57 p.m.

Best article ever. And... I haven't even read it yet. I love you guys!
  • Gahmah - April 26, 2011 11:19 a.m.

This article wasn't a really fun read, it was like going to 4chan and reading a angry troll thread on Metal Gear. Doesn't really have the usual specificity of GamesRadar articles. Just feels like filler, going for broad accepted slams against the title, but didn't really feel like someone who went in depth into the series to pull out strong hatred of things in the series that show a greater level of understanding. This felt like a casual passing glance at Metal Gear Solid as a series.
  • Imgema - April 26, 2011 10:46 a.m.

This series never appealed to me. Maybe because i prefer games from movies.
  • CAPST3R - April 26, 2011 10:27 a.m.

Why is the fact that you can skip cutscenes so overlooked? I mean, come on! Also, MGS4 is my favourite PS3 game. And MGS1 my favourite PS1 game. And MGS2 my 5th favourite PS2 game. I never played MGS3. I like the MGS games. Probably why my CVG ID is Gaseous Snake (it's what Solidus should have been called).
  • FirLocke - April 26, 2011 9:39 a.m.

Peace Walker controls are fiiiiiine. Just take some getting used to , that's all. Hey at least you have an X and a Y axis, right?