We Recommend

• patrick-j-kroon - June 5, 2013 6:19 a.m.

I think its awesome if a girl plays a game. I don't care who plays a game or if you are good or bad or what type of game you play. Girls can be just as good as man or even way better. Should be awesome if i run into a girlfriend that likes playing games :).
  • Alexxia - May 30, 2013 3:16 a.m.

Its sort of annoying that some of the guys are replying by saying well as long as she's good its cool by me. WELL so what if she isn't good. I know I am really crappy at 1st person shooters but I still love paying them <3 It shouldn't really matter if we are better than you or not everyone has a right to play a game if they want to. And there are even some sexist girls online. I was playing cod one night and there was this chick in a clan with a lot of strong guy players and she found out i was a girl from my gamer tag and shes like well I bet your just an attention whore who's a fat slu* like all of the chicks online and I was laughing because I've heard that from tons of other guys but when she said that she rolled herself coz shes a chick too so she must be a fate whore :/ awks but anyway just settle down if a girl is in the lobby and dont be an ass
  • steven-corbin - July 28, 2013 1:20 p.m.

i agree with you, whenever i play Black ops 1 and or 2, and i see a girl in the game, I'm like the only one who doesn't go crazy and bothers her. But also, unlike most men who say "well as long as she's good its cool by me", I really could care less about her skills and skill level and wether she is good or bad, if we start to talk and hang out in the game, then I'm happy because it just gives me someone new to talk to and hang out with. That's why I tend to feel bad for the gaming girls, they can't seem to be able to join and play a game without being verbally attacked by the rest of the guys in the game (and once in a while a girl who thinks she's cool and tuff just because she's in a group). If i find out that there is a girl in the game, I just leave her be (unless she talks to me or a friend of mine). i'm one of the VERY few men on xbox live that usually try to back the women in the game at the time. But, whenever i DO talk to a girl in a game, i give her the option to be xbox friends (yes or no) and to play on other game levels too (also a yes or no). and i just go with their answer they give me without arguing.
  • Void-Echo - May 24, 2013 11:13 p.m.

I never care about there being a girl in the same lobby as me, if she can kill the enemy then fie by me, if shes on the enemy team, il pull the trigger aiming at here like I aim at everyone else, I make no exceptions for anything, if your in my way, il make sure you die regardless of gender, everyone bleeds the same and dies the same.
  • DarknessFisT - March 25, 2013 1:30 p.m.

Boy, girl who gives a shit, all that matters he or she knows how to play and can provide a challenge and as for ( we don't always talk about videogames or stupid female character outfits) type of girls... well there is only one thing left to say, go back to the kitchen. I mean well wtf do you want to talk about how was shopping? And what do these so called gamer girls have to deal with everyday, well if you didn't put a picture of yourself showing your tits and then going oh I'm here to play not to show my tits or to find a bf. P.S. If any of you think that what I just said is incorrect or that my views are (I don't know) upsetting someone, well you can always start a never ending argument that I will never reply to and even if I do 10 others will join and start getting religion and other stuff in and 10 minutes later we'll be talking about Justin Bieber and Illuminati, so please just read this, have a laugh and think of something else to say.
  • steven-corbin - July 28, 2013 5:46 p.m.

oh, shut up DarknessFist, just you saying that makes you just as bad as other guys. So, i have something that you should take into account. If you don't like what you see on a website, then don't even bother commenting on it, and don't even bother staying on it. and another thing, you'd best be careful on what you say towards the opposite sex, u may just piss off the wrong person and get yourself into a shit load of trouble. (not me, just saying this for your sake)
  • meeeeep - March 22, 2013 6:15 a.m.

I'm a boy, and I HATE going on the internet/in a game and having to listen to desperate nerds hitting on EVERY SINGLE GIRL they see. It's annoying! I mean, I wanna be able to go onto a comments section and see funny, productive comments, not some guys saying "Boobs" or lame pickup lines because someone has a girl as their profile picture.
  • general94 - February 23, 2013 9:26 p.m.

I have a few girl gamers on my ps3 account, an of em is better an me at Zombies hate that idea but its the truth.
  • skyraider96 - February 18, 2013 2:16 a.m.

I am with Jenn-martz. My username here is my usename in most games. It used to be spaegirl96, but got too much crap from anyone that I kill too many times, so I changed it (not saying I am all that good. Ragers, you know). I rarely talk on my mic because too many guys ask questions. Please stop talking and play the game... Please.... But it is funny when I do because I get mistaken for a 12 year old boy.... A LOT. In all honesty, some guys are cool and just keep playing.
  • ldigdougdouglas - February 16, 2013 4:19 a.m.

Ok once i find one of these proper Girl gamers like you talk about in your article then i'll belive you but i havn't once seen a real girl gamer (Not talking about steriotypes) I'm talking a about an actual gamer here Seriously all i find are just attention seeking girls on first person shooters. I just don't get why girls get so worked up about "Haters" It's stupid if you give them somthing that they can insult you with they will. Like this one time i was playing a game this bloody shit head comes online and just fucking sluaghters me over and over and over again and it turns out it was a girl who enjoys playing Games. So what i'm trying to say is if you don't want alot of shit just don't let them know Just play the fucking game
  • SessyJayy - January 21, 2013 4:48 p.m.

My username here IS my gamertag. I got it from my boyfriend when I was making a World of Warcraft account (which I don't play.) Anywhore, my only problem is when people think since I'm a girl, I can't play video games. Which I can, pretty darn well actually. I grew up playing sports games, Frogger, Crock, stuff like that, but still manage to kick people ass in a shooting game of some sort.
  • tammy-tates - January 3, 2013 11:35 a.m.

Wow...this article was funny. But I have a MAJOR problem with the fact that girls shouldn't have girly names. And the females that think that, your just as bad as the guys who hate us playing in the first place. The only thing that makes anyone look bad in a community is the HATERS and maybe your KD. Our gamer tags are a little piece of our identity. After all us true gamer girls have to feel good with name we're stuck with. And if I want to run around with a name called Pinkygotyou or Lady Killah. I have every right too. Why should women conceal who we are its 2013 not before we can vote. I can tell you this...most gamer chicks that hide themselves and hate on us gamer girls who are proud of who we are. Havent been true gamers for as long as a lot of us. So try not to assume we are attention seeking newbies ladies. A lot of us go wayy back to old school gaming. And we take great joy in owning a whole team in search and destroy while the sexist pigs who can't handle being beaten by a girl talk trash. You better believe I'm going to let you know you got MURKed by a girl. Cause I'm tired of men thinking cause we are females we aren't as good or able to be better. And for that idiot Vincent wolf guess what the gaming world was never yours. We've always been around and we've been playing way before your little brain could comprehend that. When you were trying on your moms shoes as a kid, we were borrowing our brothers controllers. As for the get out of the kitchen...come on fellaz lets take one of your 3 gamer lifes and actually get one..maybe even find some more good liners! I could use the laugh when I'm kicking your butt lol. Attention seekers? How about woman who are proud and wanna stand out. Especially when we're good! Then Ill take the attention seeker proudly! After all the men get to! I do understand there are some exceptions to some girls. But a girl is going to use the gaming world to hook up whether she's SecretAgent or PinkLace all she needs is a cute voice and a mic. Just like the best of guy players is going to be a perv.
  • Takenbyforce717 - February 12, 2013 9:30 a.m.

I totally agree with you!!!! My husband name is forcefed717 and I love my gamertag being connected to his. I also have my Black Ops 2 emblem decked out with pink pistols and the word you've been shot by a girl!!! I get very upset when guys think just because I have girl parts I must be three hundred pounds (I'm 129) and ugly (probably better looking then half there woman) or I'm a whore who is looking to hook up with them(ha ha ha ha like I'm that desperate) but it's actually just driven me to be the kick ass player I have become because it really gets them going when they get topped on the charts by a girl!!!!
  • Aries.Hikari - December 24, 2012 1:49 p.m.

love this article!! god i am tired of stupid girls like adventsugar and pooksie giving us a bad name. like i went to start a livestream and guys including my bf said that I would get viewers fast just because I am a girl it pissed me off I made my channel for gaming not for showing off my boobs online to make money
  • malik-moses - August 21, 2013 5:10 a.m.

okay shut the fuck up, no one gave you a bad name, they gave themselves bad names, and uh bitch, stop complaining, girl gamers are attractive and thats just it
  • barbie252 - December 8, 2012 4:04 p.m.

My gamer tag is Barbie252 because its my goddamn Nickname! It is not for attention and it is definitely not for little creeps to hit on me lol. If my nickname was Blade or SilentKiller I would have used that instead. To guys that think video games are only for dudes and not for chicks .... WHY???? It doesn't make sense. Almost everyone likes to pretend he or she is killing a zombie or defeating Voldemort in a Lego universe or whatever
  • ilsusan - November 7, 2012 10:31 a.m.

I make a series on YOUTUBE on what us girl gamers have to deal with. Check it out :D http://youtu.be/Rk3Niv7PruU
  • DontAskWontTell - December 8, 2012 1:29 p.m.

Maybe YOU should crawl back under the rock they left back in the stone ages. This is not YOUR world. And it's rather pathetic that you actually believe the arrogance behind the lie. So we be forced to believe you probably fit that ignorant male gamer stereotype.
  • Anameleth137 - March 2, 2013 2:02 a.m.

It's opinions like this that make me feel like women will never be treated equally. It's a sad reality. There seems to be an uphill battle on women's rights in every area of life. It's because men like this exist.