We Recommend

• kytano_skorpius - May 24, 2011 5:07 p.m.

@grim08 No, I dislike them because I think they're terrible games. It has nothing to do with popularity. The single player looks like its going to be cool, but I'm not keeping my hopes up for multiplayer. I might consider buying it later, but I still currently refuse to buy anything with Activision's name on it.
  • wind869 - May 24, 2011 4:55 p.m.

Hey David Houghton you also missed out one BIG detail its only coming to the 360 not the PS3 at the end of the trailer you can see the game box and a 360 slim, no PS3 systems just to let you know
  • p0wnd - May 24, 2011 4:52 p.m.

You missed the 9/11 easter egg. NEVER FORGOT
  • Duraji - May 24, 2011 4:48 p.m.

@soren7550 Umm, the tower is more than halfway off the ground now. If you're a lifelong New Yorker, how did you possibly miss that? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:DSCN1632.JPG (building in the middle) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wtc05022011.jpg
  • RicePuddingUK - May 24, 2011 4:47 p.m.

Look at the transit van chasing the tube, the first shot of it, train on left, van on right, zoom in on the van driver and passenger. Price and Soap.
  • insertdisk - May 24, 2011 4:34 p.m.

Not going to be buying this maybe worth a rent on my lovefilm subscription just to see. Call me cynical but I can see this all too easily degenerating into the old spray spray spray get sprayed take cover and wait for the jam to fall off your face. repeat in france repeat in england. Okay, the letters in my captcha are upside down.
  • soren7550 - May 24, 2011 4:27 p.m.

Funny that they show the Freedom Tower being completed (or at least damn close to being completed), yet construction of that ugly thing haven't started yet. (and thsi is coming from a life long New Yorker)
  • Trapper7 - May 24, 2011 4:23 p.m.

Not knocking the gameplay, but in this day of Uncharted 2 and Crysis 2, it looks a little brown and gray to me. Still, gotta see what Markarov's up to.
  • Klodz - May 24, 2011 4:14 p.m.

The Freedom Tower would be just about built going by the very vague Modern Warfare in universe timeline that jumps all over the place. It also has a habit of putting inaccurate technology in its history set levels.
  • Lando81 - May 24, 2011 3:15 p.m.

Looks Great! Here's hoping.
  • keltar93 - May 24, 2011 3:08 p.m.

I really hope that the game has a lot more color than this trailer
  • Ell223 - May 24, 2011 2:48 p.m.

He never said Bruickheimer directed anything- simply stated that most if not all of Bruickheimers films are blockbusters of the explosive kind. Don't invent somebodies mistake again. It makes you look bad.
  • Cutter9792 - May 24, 2011 2:40 p.m.

Dear God, I posted this on a different article because it bothered me, and I'm posting it now: JERRY BRUCKHEIMER IS NOT A FILM DIRECTOR. HE HAS NEVER BEEN ARTISTICALLY INVESTED IN A FEATURE FILM. HE IS A PRODUCER, AND THAT IS WHY YOU SEE HIS LOGO BEFORE THE CREDITS OF '90S ACTION MOVIES. You are thinking of Michael Bay, Director of the Rock, Transformers 1-3, Armageddon, Bad Boys 1-2, The Island and Pearl Harbor. He has a distinct style consisting of shaky cam and over the top bullshit. The reason why you all keep confusing Bruckheimer with Bay is because Mr. J B served as the producer on most of Mr. M B's early movies. Please don't make this mistake again. It makes you look bad.
  • Ell223 - May 24, 2011 2:20 p.m.

Is anybody even driving that van?
  • GR_DavidHoughton - May 24, 2011 1:50 p.m.

maroule, sterling work there. Nath has just noticed something else odd about the van too. I reckon you could be onto something there. I've edited the story to include some theories.
  • Entreri10 - May 24, 2011 1:33 p.m.

Looks good, interesting to see a bigger city like New york instead of the more open/monument filled DC from MW2. I actually loved MW2 story and the online speaks for itself so they'll probably be getting my money.
  • maroule - May 24, 2011 1:26 p.m.

ok guys, since we're talking about spoting details, I'll give you one mistake they've done... in France, the police van says "Gendarmerie"... but we're in Paris... so it should have read "Police" (Gendarmerie -depending from the Ministry of Defense- looks after non urban areas, Police -depending from Minstry of Interior- the urban ones, above and foremost Paris of course)... they probably thought "Gendarmerie" looked more local/exotic...
  • EnragedTortoise1 - May 24, 2011 1:22 p.m.

Rent for the campaign, probably.
  • Clovin64 - May 24, 2011 1:18 p.m.

I can imagine myself renting or borrowing this for the campaign alone, but since I'm not a fan of online gaming, I probably won't actually be buying it. Not at full price anyway.
  • GR_DavidHoughton - May 24, 2011 1:18 p.m.

I THINK (and don't 100% quote me on this) it's just the Modern Warfare brand name West and Zampella are after. Not Call of Duty, and MW3 would probably technically be okay too. Though I am not in possession of anything even resembling a legal degree.