We Recommend

• blynd_cyte - May 24, 2011 1:17 p.m.

Holy shit.... This game looks epic (story wise... I don't play online). It's nice to see attention and depth given to the story. It's really been looking like game storylines are on the decline with the shift towards multiplayer gaming - very unfortunate in my opinion as videogames are the most imersive form or storytelling.
  • Cyber6x - May 24, 2011 1:14 p.m.

If the Infinity Ward Heads win the case would Activision have to scrap all work relating to MW3? They probably would put it under another title or something... Also I thought it was very clever how they turned WW3 in MW3.
  • GR_DavidHoughton - May 24, 2011 1:02 p.m.

Yeah, but customers are going to be buying the game based on the logo on the box, not a voice-over. And MW3 is all over that box, as well as the trailers. Basically, yes, of course Activision still owns the Modern Warfare name. The court case isn't resolved yet. But the point is that this art allows a quick last-minute change to any other official wording if necessary, without affecting the overall brand recognition that will be well engrained in the public consciousness by then.
  • Dared00 - May 24, 2011 12:58 p.m.

@jasthemity: Also it says "Modern Warfare 3" on the side of the box, so it's still used. They only used abbreviation, because it made a badass MW logo.
  • jasthemity - May 24, 2011 12:52 p.m.

Mr. Houghton, Activision still owns the "Modern Warfare" name because the narrator at the end said Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3; this product is not yet rated. The abbreviation is just more recognizable.
  • silvereye - May 24, 2011 12:52 p.m.

Looks interesting, but I'm not getting my hopes up, especially New York again, its just getting stale :/
  • Gnilres - May 24, 2011 12:49 p.m.

DAMN YOU, CentipedeOrgy!! (I never thought I'd say that)
  • Gnilres - May 24, 2011 12:48 p.m.

I noticed the WW3-MW3 connection a while ago. Nice list and...foist.