We Recommend

• minigamer83 - April 16, 2012 8:46 p.m.

Link's Awakening is the best game for GameBoy, I still have it and I will for the rest of my life.
  • Person5 - April 16, 2012 7:29 p.m.

Gen 2 of Pokemon is actually my favorite gen just barely beating gen 1, it was far more advanced and one could argue twice as big (seeing as there were two regions)which is something I wish they would bring back into current pokemon games(that being multiple regions in one game) Wario Land 3 is quite possibly my favorite GB game ever made though, I played through it far too many times to count, trying to get map pieces or the treasure of every level and also get the alternate routes in some levels. I also loved Pokemon Pinball, even if it had a huge cartridge
  • BladedFalcon - April 16, 2012 7:17 p.m.

Can't really argue with neither Pokemon or tetris, both games were played the shit out of me in my original gameboy. I'd would have preferred to see silver further into the list though, since I think the game did make a HUGE step over the first one, and even though it might have not been the original, it even let you return to the entire land of the first one all over again! Anyway, props for mentioning Metal Gear Solid for the GBC, also loved the crap out of that game, specially so because it was a pain in the ass for me to find it down here in Mex, but boy was it worth it XD Lastly, I know it probably was never gonna be on this list because it's a port from the much superior SNES version, but after the pokemon and tetris games, "Contra III: The alien Wars" Was the game I played and enjoyed the most in my GB XD
  • jackthemenace - April 17, 2012 7:59 a.m.

I'll agree with G/S/C, I think it should've been further up teh list- they were amazing game,s and perfectly recaptured the feel of the originals, but managed to add so much more. AND they didn't skimp out on the content; like Falcon already said, they included the entirety of Kanto in the game as well, something none of the other games have done since (Bar HG/SS), and is something I'd love to see happen. I'd never even heard of the GBC MGS title, but it's something I'd definitely like to get my hands on- as soon as I finish the original MG and MG2, that is. The only things I'd have liked to have seen on the list were whatever Turok game it was I used to play on my Game Boy- I have no idea which one it was, I just know I loved it, despite being about 6- and the Pokemon Trading Card game, if not just for it's music; I much preferred it to Pokemon Pinball at the very least :P
  • SillyPigeon - April 16, 2012 4:54 p.m.

Mario Golf is superior to Mario Tennis. Mario Tennis has a sweet spot that spoils the game, while Mario Golf is all about skill & learning how to play every hole on every course. There is no satisfaction in winning easily at tennis but in golf there is always the challenge of improving on your personal best and playing the exact shot you intended. Mario Golf is the better game.
  • Moondoggie1157 - April 16, 2012 4:46 p.m.

Pokemon Blue (yea, I was "that guy"), Pokemon Silver, Oracle of Seasons, and Wario 3... All great games, happe to see them mentioned! You can't out do Pokemon, I'm sorry, you just cant.
  • slimjim441 - April 16, 2012 4:30 p.m.

Slightly disappointed to not see the Wily's Revenge on the list. The GB Mega Man games were a blast. Hurray for Pokemon though. Nothing beats the awesomeness that is GB Pokemon games.
  • D0CCON - April 16, 2012 4:04 p.m.

Nostalgia be damned. Pokemon Red and Blue were great (yellow was my first videogame ever), but silver and gold kicked its ass. No jump from one generation to another brought so many changes and the second gen remains my favorite one to this day (and yes, I still go back to play it, it's not even nostalgia. And I mean the GB version, not Heartgold/Soulsilver).
  • BackwaterRifle - April 16, 2012 5:33 p.m.

I started with Gold, then got Sapphire for the GBA, and now while 3rd gen remains my all time favorite, 2nd gen tends to switch beck and forth between the first generation as my 2nd least favorite, with 4th gen in dead last.
  • BladedFalcon - April 16, 2012 7:12 p.m.

..Goes to show there's tastes for everyone, 3rd gen is by far my least favorite of them all XD
  • BladedFalcon - April 16, 2012 7:11 p.m.

I do have to admit Silver impacted me way more when i played it, specially once you find out that you can *gasp!* head back to Kanto! XD I mean, that alone made it feel to me like the game was actually two games back then! XD And really, second gen truly remains my favorite gen to this day.
  • bobob101 - April 16, 2012 3:46 p.m.

Thank you for Mario Tennis, that is the only game on this list I still play, even today! That's right, I play a GBC game to this day, because it is so good!
  • zonic505 - April 16, 2012 3:09 p.m.

"Nothing much, outside of Firebrand appearing in the background of Marvel vs Capcom 3. Time for a comeback, we think." He did make a comeback as a playable character in Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. Still waiting on Kirby's Dream Land 2 to be released on the eShop in the US since Japan got it in Feb.
  • CROZILLA - April 16, 2012 2:40 p.m.

Happy to see Mario Tennis on the list; great list overall.
  • JMarsella09 - April 16, 2012 2:34 p.m.

I think Tetris is a better #1 simply based on the impact it had on gaming as a whole. Sure anyone could play it but it was heavily marketed to adults and sold amazingly well for it. My mother who abhors all video games with a fiery temper, still will play Tetris. This shows how acceptable the game became amongst the older generations, really one of if not the first to due so.
  • BladedFalcon - April 16, 2012 7:09 p.m.

It may be so, considering it placed as #2 in GR's oroginal "Best 100 games of all time" list. But Well, i don't really argue with Pokemon, because it truly defined my childhood, and I got a GBC mainly so I could play Pokemon Silver. I mean, perhaps Tetris is the more important, timeless one, but Pokemon's own impact, depth, and even timeless as it stands today can't really be denied either. There's a reason why each iteration of the series continues to thrive even though the core game remains largely the same.
  • Person5 - April 16, 2012 7:32 p.m.

Pokemon Silver was playable on the original GB, Crystal on the other hand was GBC only, sorry, felt I should correct you slightly
  • BladedFalcon - April 16, 2012 8:23 p.m.

Oh, I never said I bought the GBC because I couldn't play Silver, simply that I upgraded it so I could play it XD Since it did look way better in the GBC, and my old brick of a GB was too old by then.
  • AshLynx - April 16, 2012 2:26 p.m.

Dammit, Magi Nation gets shafted from a "best of" GB/C game list again? Not just here, but everywhere that games seems overlooked. Not even a screenshot in the "What do you think" (aka some honorable mentions), man! One of the better RPGs I think I've played period and one of the funniest games I've played. I keep trying to tell everyone to try that game out! It's awesome, it needs more love too!
  • Redeater - April 16, 2012 2:25 p.m.

I had to check the list twice but I couldn't believe my eyes! No Contra Operation C??? I have played almost every game on this list and while some of these games haven't aged to well Operation C remains just as fun today as it was when it came out.