We Recommend

• TheGooseinator - October 12, 2013 12:56 p.m.

Could u guys do a Radioradar podcast on this? The top 100 heroes is still one of my favorites, and I'd love to hear that type of discussion again.
  • DaemonD1 - October 12, 2013 10:46 a.m.

I enjoyed this - mostly - impartial list, right up to the point where I read the words 'Glados - Portal'. Seriously, guys, you're beginning to sound like a broken record. Was Portal really that immense that some aspect of it simply MUST top every 'Top...' list you create? I'm sorry, but having played Portal and part of Portal 2, I can say it was enjoyable but it's kind of a one trick pony, don't you think? But no, you clearly don't as every time I see a list on this site related to games, I just know that something Portal-related will be at the top. Utter tedium.
  • Grivien - October 12, 2013 5:52 a.m.

What a load of lazy garbage! That pathetic list was made up of some of the most boring, generic, and crap, characters ever made. There are little to no interesting ones, just boring, generic or atrocious ones. Those ugly twats from the last of us don't deserve to be mentioned positively ANYWERE! They don't even look like game characters! They look like miserable borefests, who'd rather kill themselves than be in the game! Booker dewitts absolutely pointless, very generic, and dead! And you picked firetrucking ALISTAIR?! ALISTAIR! THAT FIRETRUCKING WHINEY PANSY WHO STINKS UP DRAGON AGE ORIGINS! When you could have picked almost anyone else from that game, and they would have been better! When you've Morrighan, Zevran, Shale, Sten, as options?! FFS! Why the hell is'nt older Nier, Kaine, Emil, Grimoire Weiss, from Drakengard and NIER, there?! They're awesome and very unique. They are some of the most unique and awesome characters ever made! Or Nathan Hale. He's awesome and unique. You've got a make your own character one there, who does'nt even go! You just got the most boring and generic and atrocious, from some of the most overhyped, overated games, etc, and did'nt even try to find or look at games that were good or less well known! And what the hell is this love for Nathan Drake?! He's extremely generic and boring. He does'nt even have the smallest of unique features, unlike the similer, Lara Croft. Old Lara Croft, that is. The new ones a emo whiner. He's got less personality than a blank wall!
  • Flashinthepan - October 12, 2013 10:14 p.m.

You say 'generic, boring and atrocious' quite a lot. I do not think those words mean what you think they mean.
  • DarthPunk - October 12, 2013 2:14 a.m.

I like how it looks like Alan Wake and Ellie are pointing their guns at eachother
  • dangomushi - October 12, 2013 1:35 a.m.

Uhhhhhhh where's Lightning?!?!!
  • rigbybot127 - October 12, 2013 2:06 a.m.

or Niko Bellic?!
  • rigbybot127 - October 12, 2013 1:25 a.m.

Wheatley's the best damn character of all-time, let alone this generation. Superb list, I must say.
  • mafyooz - October 11, 2013 11:32 p.m.

I would have put Bulletstorm's General Sarrano in here just because his dialogue cracks me up. There's a place in games for deep narrative and introspection, but there's also a place for gratuitous, over-the-top swearing and elaborate insults :)
  • slimjim441 - October 11, 2013 10:55 p.m.

Sweet list, bro. Oh yeah, Gabriel Belmont.
  • Vonter - October 11, 2013 9:04 p.m.

Curious how it was mainly realistic design humans. I know and like them but I don't think it's visually interesting or diverse compared to previous generations. But I understand because they did become deeper and with more layers. Still I hope this new gen we could have more anthromorphic, alien (non humanoid), and mythical beings on the update of this list.
  • taokaka - October 11, 2013 9:04 p.m.

On the whole I find this list hard to argue with, I only have a couple of arguments such as Cole Mcgrath should be replaced with zeke who was the real star of infamous 2 (although he was completely unlikable in the first game). Also switching the position of Sully with Nathan Drake. I have a few ideas for who else could make the list but I'll just argue my number one choice of who deserves to be on this list, Pascal from tales of graces f. The rest of the cast I found unlikable or were just a tad generic but Pascal is possibly one of the greatest characters ever. Every scene she was in she managed to make funny and her character really played with my expectations. At first I thought she was just another crazy girl who was as bright as a wet match but as the story unraveled we discover she's possibly the smartest character there and when I stopped to consider the journey that the characters took I realized that without her the heroes would have been stuck on so many occasions without her unique skills.
  • Verenitz - October 11, 2013 7:53 p.m.

Chicks dig the Baird. 'nuff said.
  • Frieza - October 11, 2013 7:28 p.m.

Travis Touchdown isn't on this list. Why isn't he on this list? Like, seriously. You thought Starkiller was good enough to make the list, so why not Travis? At least Travis' games were good.
  • cyco687 - October 11, 2013 7:11 p.m.

I'm very happy to see Garcia Fucking Hotspur in the top 20! Apart from Portal I think you nailed the top 20
  • acepedro12 - October 11, 2013 6:25 p.m.

Both Joel and Ellie sucks. Ellie is annoying. Joel is a psychopath.
  • winner2 - October 11, 2013 6:11 p.m.

I'm just glad Geralt is in the top 30. He might be my favorite.
  • winner2 - October 12, 2013 9:51 p.m.

Oh and I almost forgot, don't y'all EVER say Geralt's name so wrongly again. It's GAER-ULT, not Jur-ult, Jur-alt, or Jair-ult. It's like GAER as in in Gary and then ult. It bothered me immensely when y'all did that like two or 3 times across podcasts. But I still love you, I'm sorry.
  • Oujisama - October 11, 2013 6 p.m.

One day, I'll see a GR list that doesn't end with Portal.
  • rigbybot127 - October 12, 2013 2:07 a.m.

If Portal happened in the generation the list is set in, it will always make the number 1 spot in some way.