We Recommend

• talleyXIV - December 17, 2012 3:47 p.m.

No Borderlands 2 or Assassin's Creed 3 or Black Ops 2. The amount of non-conformist going on here is crazy, The dick-suckery of Journey is getting old.
  • TanookiMan - December 17, 2012 3:59 p.m.

I disagree, Journey was one of the coolest, and novel, video game experiences for me in a long time. It deserves all the praise it gets. It would win my Platinum Chalice ;)
  • BladedFalcon - December 17, 2012 6 p.m.

Not as old as the dick sucking of all the three franchises you mentioned above! :D
  • DarthPunk - December 18, 2012 2:11 a.m.

^ I think that deserves a platinum chalice for comment of the year
  • zelta38 - December 18, 2012 3:49 a.m.

Seconded.
  • MolokoVeck - December 18, 2012 10:35 a.m.

The motion carries. BladedFalcon wins the platinum chalice for comment of the year!
  • talleyXIV - December 22, 2012 5:40 p.m.

You guys are seriously so fucking brilliant for liking Journey. I seriously think they created the game with the intention for people to look past it as a boring game with very little to do and instead as bourgeois decadence. And holy shit, people actually did it. This 3 hour long game has somehow become the greatest piece of art ever. Throw away the Picassos, the Van Goghs, and every shitty piece of Davinci work ever done because Journey has arrived! It isn't a video game, it is a wank bank of imagery for people who are into pseudo artistry, only pretentious fuckholes can really think that it beats out my formerly mentioned games in terms of fun. I don't give a flying fuck if it is fun to look at, I want to play something for 24 hours and not get bored, not get a boner because of what I am fucking look at.
  • zelta38 - February 1, 2013 5:29 a.m.

You didn't get Journey, that's fine. The second you started cursing at it and all the people who liked it you earned everything that came to you though. An opinion can very easily be expressed without being insulting and providing a well argumented or at the very least respectful take on the subject.
  • Darkhawk - December 18, 2012 10:02 p.m.

Thank you, sir. Thank you.
  • GoldenEagle1476 - December 19, 2012 12:46 p.m.

I can't speak for Black Ops 2 because I haven't played it, but Borderlands 2 and AC3 were both really good games. Just because they're pretty big franchises doesn't mean you should exclude them from goty nominations, since they're still games. Hell, Halo 4 and Max Payne are both listed, why not put in the others? If you don't want like big name franchises, pretend that the indie game category is goty.
  • Kerime - December 18, 2012 7:26 a.m.

have you played journey?
  • GoldenEagle1476 - December 17, 2012 3:01 p.m.

Where the fuck is Assassin's Creed III?!? It's one thing not to nominate it for GOTY, but to not even nominate it for the Action Adventure category? And you have Darksiders II nominated here instead. I'm sorry GR, but I just lost a ton of respect for you. If Mikel was still here he would never have stood for this.
  • obviouslyadouche - December 17, 2012 4:16 p.m.

except assassins creed 3 was a huge disappointment, Mikel even said so on the dead PTOM podcast.
  • pl4y4h - December 17, 2012 5:21 p.m.

Even as an AC fan, I can admit it was nowhere near goty material. connor wasn't as likeable, the game was (and even with the thanksgiving patch still is) buggy as hell, the ending was god awful, and while the multiplayer is gold, it can only carry so much weight
  • Pwnz0r3d - December 17, 2012 8:16 p.m.

AC3 was terrible. Connor was easily one of the most boring characters I've ever played as. It's not because I was expecting another Ezio, but I was expecting an excellently written, tragic and angry character, but what we got was a whiney brat that had no emotion in anything he had to say unless it was about Charles Lee. I honestly enjoyed playing as Haytham more than Connor, because the voice acting sold me. I saw the potential in Connor, but his horrible voice acting completely destroyed any sense of likability.
  • GoldenEagle1476 - December 18, 2012 5:51 p.m.

Sorry I was kind of raging here. It's still a really good game though, maybe not as good as 2, but still better than 1, Brotherhood, and Revelations, and definitly deserving a spot for best action adventure game. Is it best action game? Of course not, Dishonored rightfully won. It was just the absence of it in either category that bothered me.
  • shawksta - December 17, 2012 2:27 p.m.

"Is the industry most benefited by the release of this game?" Best thing i ever read, and i agree completely. This year was crazy and while everybody has their own GOTY, including me, it is also important to acknowledge the game that the industry most benefitted.
  • isaiahtheawesome - December 17, 2012 2:24 p.m.

walking dead, really, you've dissapointed me gamesradar
  • BlackValor - December 17, 2012 2:42 p.m.

Ugh, I personally wouldn't even classify TWD as a game. Story of the Year? Maybe, but Game of the Year it is not.
  • YourWorstEnemyGaming - December 17, 2012 3:17 p.m.

I agree. A GAME of the year should combine great storytelling, art style, gameplay mechanics, variety, creativity, and be in general well made with few glitches. The Walking Dead only does well as a creative, story-driven experience, but fails completely as a game. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just not a good GAME, it's more or less a good story.