We Recommend

• IronHeaver - April 21, 2012 2:19 a.m.

1. Im glad you replaced OoT with Twilight Princess. Its my all time favorite Zelda game. If it was a woman it would be the most damn sexiest women in the world, and I would cut off my own ear as a proposal gift. 2. HOWEVER, I am very disapointed to not see The World Ends With You on there. That game literaly changed my way of looking at the world, and reinvigorated my passion for video games. Some people can bash its style, its complexity, some of its outright absurdness, but it is going to stand as my all time favorite game for a very long time. It has new idea's, character development, and style literaly bursting from its cartrage leaving some kind of residue on my DS. A great list, but I think you missed one of the more recent greatest JRPG's. 3.White/Black? Come on! it just doesnt have the "Heart" and "Soul" that silver and gold has ;)
  • eCaravanier - April 21, 2012 2:17 a.m.

Worst ranking ever made. I mean LoL is ranked but not DotA? What the hell have you been smoking? Also Portal first? HAHAHAHA. Sure I loved this game but it's far from being the best game ever made. You need to play more games and get a real culture.
  • ncurry2 - April 21, 2012 8:27 a.m.

You say they need to get a real culture while supporting DotA over LoL? I've played at least 700 games for each and there is just no denying that LoL is far superior. From the persistent play elements to the matchmaking to the mages actually scaling to not be giant turds end game. There's a reason it had over 32 million active accounts several months ago.
  • Megacorpse - April 21, 2012 2:13 a.m.

Arguably one of the worst top lists I have ever seen in my life. Looks clear that no one at gamesradar has ever played System Shock 2, and this explains why Bioshock made the top 10. But there's so much more to say, like what the fuck is CoD doing here or why HL2 and not HL1-Shame on you, guys.
  • TimeHacker - April 21, 2012 1:54 a.m.

I am surprised not to see any of the TimeSplitters in it, it was by far the best FPS, it brought fun to your game play, it wasn't all serious with other games, the campaign in Future Perfect was amazing i think, the way it all flipped around, i am disappointed not to see any of them in there.
  • brandon-fayko - April 21, 2012 1:28 a.m.

Wtf is this list? Twilight princess and Wind waker over OOT? The biggest game and considered to be one of the best games of time? Quake 3 arena and no unreal tournament? No duke nukem or Doom?? Wolfenstein ? Not a single battlefield but COD4 gets placed?? And why do people think that if WoW got around 30 that eve should be number one on this list? Also for a good laugh read BaldedFalcons comments "Tetris's simple but additive game-play, and equally simple graphics work just as well now as they did 20+ years ago. You can show it to a kid today, and once he gives it a few tries, I bet you it can get hooked on it. Ocarina's barrier of entry is much higher, and graphics and gameplay IS dated, specially when compared to newer Zeldas." >> wat? /bitches about dated graphics but praises tetris for simple graphics >>wat The graphics of a game shouldn't matter. judging a game solo on its graphics is no way to judge a game. OOT was and still is considered to be one of the best games of all time.
  • daneoid - April 21, 2012 2 a.m.

Because WoW is the most vanilla, generic, unimaginative, sterotypical rpg ever created and Eve is the most innovative, progressive, original and real gaming experience known. It's the only game that will give you a true adrenalin rush, you get into a fight in eve and emotionally it's like you've been in a fight in real life, you're heat is beating twice as fast, you are sweating and you have a vice grip on your mouse, it's the feeling of genuine consequence that generates this, and it's what seperates it from any other game ot there. wow is just another taskbar game, use most powerful attack, when that's in cooldown, use second most powerful, when that's in cooldown use the third and so on, it's just so dull and dated. You die, you respawn with all equipment back, yawn.
  • emma-robinson - April 21, 2012 1:07 a.m.

after this list got to WOW it whent downhill from there, part from a good few gems but most are lame ass new games that 25 years old who still live with there mum would buy and play all night till the energy drinks wear off. the old school ones are king here as they are the games of childhood.
  • Hoogo - April 21, 2012 1:02 a.m.

I agree with the post below me in that rollercoaster Tycoon really has been overlooked. That game easily holds its own and can be played for an indeterminate amount of time without boring you. However, there is another game (or series) that REALLY needs to be on this list. One of the Games from the Metroid Prime series (Preferrably one or two). These games are Similar to SM64 in that they redefined their series from 2D to 3D in an absolutely stunning manner, giving us huge, beautiful worlds to explore. They easily stand out and are able to be played again and again. Please give the Metroid Prime series their fair consideration.
  • mganai - April 21, 2012 12:56 a.m.

Gotta hand it to you guys. Bold list. No Ocarina of Time or Final Fantasy 7. Or even Super Mario World. (I happen to be on teams FF6 and Mario 3 myself.) A few things: It was great seeing Donkey Kong '94 represented, but below Donkey Kong Country? Sacrilege. Aside from being the best puzzle-platformer in existence (eat your heart out, Braid), DK '94 was also the best DK game. DKC was too much of a Mario clone. Besides, DKC 2 was a much better game. No Baldur's Gate 2? That was Bioware's finest moment, and one of the best Western RPGs ever. Planescape: Torment was also worthy of a spot. Far be it from me to complain about one too few Zeldas, but Link's Awakening should have made the list. I personally think it's even better than Link to the Past. Also, I personally though Majora's Mask was worthy of a spot for being so daring. I also thought old-school Castlevania could have been represented, perhaps with Rondo of Blood. Symphony, while great, is too backtracky with few shortcuts or speedups in contrast to Super Metroid. (Aria and Dawn of Sorrow alleviated this somewhat with less design clutter.) Super Street Fighter IV? Street Fighter III: Third Strike would have made a better non SF2 (Hyper Fighting) pick IMO. That aside, I was pleased you chose Suikoden II and represented the Dragon Quest series. (I prefer V, but VIII isn't too shabby a second choice.)
  • JoeyKazooie - April 21, 2012 12:30 a.m.

How very bold of you, Gamesradar. Ocarina of Time doesn't appear, but Wind Waker does. Pokemon Red/Blue or Gold/Silver has to make room for Black/White, even though you specifically said the words "best games of ALL TIME" and "game still worht being played NOW". Well, there stuff to say about all of this. I guess even replay value counts as an opinion and that you rather go play TWW than OOT, even though alot of people dissagree. However, what you can't do, is not showing Rollercoaster Tycoon. A game that invented the term "replay value" and still holds it today. A game that has absolutely no flaws whatsoever and of which I know everyone here enjoyed. Yes, I even dare to say more people enjoyed this than Portal. So, there you have it Gamesradar. You forgot Rollercoaster Tycoon Shame on you.
  • monish.khemani - April 21, 2012 12:14 a.m.

GAMESRADAR you guys have read my mind.... PORTAL (original) has always been the best game in my eyes: truly pristine, totally original IP, totally individualistic 4-hour mental battle with GLADos.... I know not a lot of people hold this view and still rate PORTAL 2 higher than the original but not YOU and ME GR... I am extremely happy with you choice... PORTAL 2 went all expansive and I never quite saw GLADos as a helping kinda robot so didnt buy the idea... but PORTAL is so good as a best game of all time choice... even BIOSHOCK, ARKHAM CITY and ICO got a decent place... which are among my top 5... ALSO I believe skyrim deserves the place it is... it did nothing special for me... but i really miss FALLOUT NV or 3 in you list... THEY were essentials...
  • FireIceEarth - April 21, 2012 12:03 a.m.

I saw this article on the home screen and thought "well that sounds interesting", then I realised it would be in the slideshow format and thought "well there's yet another Gamesradar story which I won't be reading, purely because of the format." 111 slides read on my mobile over my WiFi, takes about 5 seconds per transition, meaning a total of over nine minutes in loading screens = not going to happen. why can't you give the *option* of the old format, where you would put several slides-worth of info on one page (because at the end of the day it's one picture and two paragraphs, not much), and have a different URL per page, meaning that you no longer have the problem of the slideshow timing out and getting stuck on the first and second slide!
  • lilbuddha - April 21, 2012 4:11 a.m.

They want their page clicks (ie: ad revenue). God forbid they at least have integrity in their writing OR a simple page layout ... instead they go for a double whammy of fail.
  • FireIceEarth - April 21, 2012 midnight

• bobbot - April 20, 2012 11:34 p.m.

Did DotA Allstars and DotA 2 get passed up for LoL because they're either not a stand-alone game or still currently in beta? Other games I'd wonder if were considered would be Demon's Souls, Muramasa, and Harvest Moon.
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 20, 2012 11:37 p.m.

Dota 2 isn't out, yeah. I mean, we don't even know how it's going to work when it is out - it's not even done. And LoL > DotA.
  • Ares B - April 20, 2012 11:24 p.m.

What about Falcon, M1 Tank Platoon, IL-2 Sturmovik, Gunship, Operation: Flashpoint, World War 2 Online? Not even Microsoft Flight Simulator made it to the list!
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 20, 2012 11:27 p.m.

It's meant to be games that hold up, and are still playable now. Some of those are, but WW2 online? Is that even still available?
  • Ares B - April 21, 2012 12:09 a.m.

Yeah, it is. http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/