We Recommend

• Socrates9 - July 12, 2012 2:59 p.m.

Best PS3 disc games: Dark Souls LittleBigPlanet 2 Red Dead Redemption Heavy Rain Motorstorm Apocalypse GTA 4 Metal Gear Solid 4 Infamous 2 Bioshock had an awesome premise, but was such a plain point-and-shoot game. It even lacked the implementation polish that other top tier shooting games had: low variety, lame bosses, and nothing really special.
  • gilgamesh310 - July 12, 2012 2:50 p.m.

What they said about Bioshock and Uncharted 2 is self inflated nonsense. I love how critics use the phrase 'more than the some of its parts' to excuse whatever shitness might be in a game. Bioshock has mediocre gameplay. It's as simple as that. The story is great but it's stolen from System Shock 2, so it shooting be getting praise from that. Uncharted 2 is a good game and all, but it's not that good and this whole interactive film thing is nonsense. It's a game where gameplay and story are separate. The cutscenes often contradict what goes on in the gameplay. A hero in such a film wouldn't shoot 500 identikit bad guys before cracking light hearted comments to his comrades.
  • slimjim441 - July 12, 2012 2:29 p.m.

The non-exclusives are god games, but I agree with most other commenters by saying these kinds of lists should exclusively include exclusives. OR, game that were designed to be PS3-centric, like Silent Hill or Castlevania. And everybody stop whining about Heavy Rain. That game kicks ass, okay.
  • rick-reeves - July 12, 2012 1:47 p.m.

what is great is the fact that half of these games are also on the xbox or moving to the xbox. why can't they make a ps3 list that consist of just ps3 games...oh wait that is because 4 of the 10 games mentioned is the only thing playstation own and 2 of them from what i heard aren't getting sequels.
  • bebl09 - July 12, 2012 6:11 p.m.

Lol are you for real? For one, there's 5 exclusives, not 4. Also, they could much more easily make a list like this but only exclusives for PS3 than they could for 360. What would be on the 360 list? Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo Reach, Gears, Gears 2, Gears 3, Forza 3, Forza 4, Fable 2, timed-exclusive CoD map-packs?
  • bebl09 - July 12, 2012 6:13 p.m.

Also I just thought I'd add, wtf does the fact that 2 of them aren't getting sequels have to do with anything? This is about the best games, not the best franchises. Unlike 360, the PS3 actually has a load of exclusives and they don't have to milk the same few franchises every year.
  • brickman409 - July 12, 2012 1:38 p.m.

whats awesome is that over half of these cost less than $20
  • db1331 - July 12, 2012 1:36 p.m.

LOL, Heavy Rain. Seriously? You're gonna have to update the list once Okami comes out. Even though it's a port, it's still a better game than most on here.
  • meg127 - July 12, 2012 1:16 p.m.

This list doesn't make sense. It's made up of games that came out over the past few years. Not ones that came out this year.
  • Cyberninja - July 12, 2012 1:36 p.m.

It has been changed alot, before it was a 2012 list but I guess they realized they weren't the best ever ps3 games.
  • meg127 - July 12, 2012 7:25 p.m.

That completely contradicts what is written in the opening paragraph. They had a list for the best games of 2011, then they updated it with the best games of 2012 so far, but now they just have a general list after saying they would update the list as more games came out? So....I guess they didn't like that idea anymore and just went with a general list. Which doesn't make sense.
  • Gimmeafreewater - June 22, 2012 7:30 a.m.

How is it possible I haven't seen a single mention of the craziest upcoming survival game "The Last of Us". I'm having a hard time getting pschyed for any other game at this point in time.
  • Deciver - April 24, 2012 3:35 p.m.

My most anticapated games of this year will be Bioshock Infinite, Gta 5 and re6
  • rob619 - April 9, 2012 4:51 a.m.

I tend to go for single player, epic story driven experiences: Metal Gear Solid 4 Heavy Rain Infamouns 2 Uncharted 3 L.A Noire These are the best of the best in my view
  • Deciver - April 24, 2012 3:39 p.m.

I agree with you. Single player story dirven games are the best. It's a shame most gaming companies are trading brillant story's for cheap, tacky multiplayer ( Call of duty, Battlefield). But, There is still hope, there are still a few games which still dominate with brillant story's, such as Bioshock, Gta, Fallout and inFamous, god bless 'em
  • TheFabricOfTime - April 1, 2012 7:07 p.m.

Shocked that LittleBigPlanet 2 isn't on there.
  • jmcgrotty - April 1, 2012 6:50 a.m.

Hmmm. That's actually a very good question. My top 5, in no order and apt to change at any time: Final Fantasy 7 Grand Theft Auto 3: San Andreas Legend Of Mana Rayman Revolution Metal Gear Solid 4 Thank God for backwards compatibility, otherwise the system would be a dud.
  • Hig1134 - April 1, 2012 10:11 a.m.

Your list is a dud.
  • NGTxxTazMan - March 31, 2012 8:37 a.m.

I have got all games 4 ps3 so add me as friend and i can help you on any games anytime for 2 weeks today so add me on Taz_Trav.... add me.
  • NGTxxTazMan - March 31, 2012 8:35 a.m.

My best game this year is resident evil operation raccoon city so far because its different to the resident evil games this one a ultra awesome co-op game to play with and againest friends so rock on ps3