We Recommend

• Eightboll812 - November 22, 2013 4:01 p.m.

How many Zelda's are there?!? A top ten has got to be pretty much all of them except a couple, lol.
  • Unoriginal - November 22, 2013 7:12 p.m.

20 games, 23 counting remakes, 26 counting CD-i but no one counts those. I love seeing Twilight Princess slowly getting the respect it deserves. If I had to make a list it'd probably go: 1. Twilight Princess. 2. Wind Waker 3. Skyward Sword. 4. Majoras Mask 5. Link to the Past. 6. Ocarina. 7. Minish Cap. 8. Spirit Tracks. 9. Four Swords Adventure. 10. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • masterjoe123 - November 22, 2013 3:10 p.m.

Great list, but I feel like the original should be somewhere on there at least.
  • db1331 - November 22, 2013 1:06 p.m.

Decent list. I think I agree with all these games being in the top 10, though not their order. Obviously I won't know about A Link Between Worlds until tonight. Anyhow, if we are talking about how they play TODAY, and taking nostalgia/historical impact out of the equation, I would put Twilight Princess first, WW (Original or HD) second, and Ocarina (Original or 3D) third. I still maintain that when taking all factors into consideration, the original Ocarina is still the greatest game ever made. I used to feel differently, and would roll my eyes when it made every #1 spot. Then I went back and played it again for the first time in several years, and I realized that everyone else was right.
  • J-Fid - November 22, 2013 12:39 p.m.

How do you guys put the original Link's Awakening on this list instead of the DX version? Are you saying that I must play the game in black and white/ awful green instead of full color? It's contradictory to have that, then put Ocarina 3D over the original, or WWHD over the original.
  • db1331 - November 22, 2013 12:59 p.m.

Link's Awakening is maybe my favorite game of all time. I prefer the original to the remake, just for nostalgia purposes. I don't even bother with the bonus color dungeon when playing DX.
  • RamenDragon - November 22, 2013 12:28 p.m.

Ooooo, these comments are gonna get messy. Glad to see you ranked Minish Cap so high though. Really underappreciated game, possibly my favorite Zelda.
  • db1331 - November 22, 2013 12:57 p.m.

Minish Cap was fantastic. I was going to lose my mind if Spirit Tracks was on this list. That game belongs with the CDi games in my opinion. It shouldn't even be counted as a real entry in the franchise.
  • TanookiMan - November 22, 2013 11:56 a.m.

Not saying it shouldn't be the top of the list, but I still don't see why Wind Waker is becoming so universally loved. It's like I went to bed one night and everyone hated Wind Waker, and then woke up and suddenly it was the best Zelda game ever! I enjoyed it a lot, but for me, it didn't have the same impact as either Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess.
  • shawksta - November 22, 2013 11:35 a.m.

And yet Wind Waker is still on top, of course it will be especially with the HD port. Opinions vary, thats why Zelda is Zelda
  • DanFlex7 - October 21, 2013 10:41 p.m.

I've never heard such a person talk like an asshole like you. Wow, just wow. Is all that really necessary? It's not boring, not annoying, not superficial and even less forgettable! Are you insane! I bet but I'm 100% sure that you have just started playing the first one or two hours and based on that you are giving this piece of disgusting opinion? Sorry, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but you just CAN'T talk like that as if it is a fact. How is this the worst game you have ever played? You are just trying to talk like the high above everyone else hipster. But seriously this game is a masterpiece. Why are you even here? Go play CoD please. I felt really offended by reading this. Do you even have an idea of HOW MUCH this game contributes to the franchises story line? You just hate it because everyone loved it, you hipster head. Get that thought out of the little brain you have please. Metroid: Other M was amazing too. Really cool innovating gameplay and the cinematics were just simply amazing. I guess you are just made to play FPS or you just love talking trash on things you don't even have a clue about. I hope you keep enjoying being an asshole on the internet. PS: (I don't care if I overreacted this simply just ticked me off.)
  • GOD - November 22, 2013 12:37 p.m.

I enjoyed Skyward Sword. It looked pretty and was fun to play. Ghirahim was also a great villain. If you found it frustrating though, that makes me think you weren't very good at it >.>.....
  • talleyXIV - November 22, 2013 3:39 p.m.

I enjoyed it but definitely had a lot of shortcomings in comparison to Twilight.
  • larkan - November 22, 2013 4:47 p.m.

I didn't find it frustrating, but I did find it boring compared to TP overall. The game looked amazing when you pop the disc in a PC and crank it up on Dolphin though, it was seriously some of the best textures I've seen.
  • db1331 - November 22, 2013 1 p.m.

It was pretty bad. Fi was the most annoying sidekick in any video game ever, let alone the Zelda franchise. The entire ending fell flat on an emotional level because of her. It was nothing like the ending of Twilight Princess.
  • GOD - November 22, 2013 3:48 p.m.

I will concede that Fi was really annoying (not as a character but in that Navi "Hey! Listen!" kind of way while playing), but I don't remember her ruining the ending at all. The gameplay was fun, I didn't have any trouble with the motion controls, and I thought the final battle was cool. Not as cool as the final Ganondorf swordfight in Twilight Princess, but still good.
  • tgazzara - September 26, 2013 5:24 p.m.

In my opinion, Ocarina of Time was the best game. It was the first 3 dimensional Zelda game. It was easy to get immersed into the story, and it offered so much more than previous games could because of its 3D world. The game really pushed the Nintendo64 to its limits, and set the stage for all the upcoming 3D Zelda games. Majora’s mask was also a great game, but it was all of the same mechanics and sprites from Ocarina of Time put into a new story.
  • supaMcnugget - September 20, 2013 6:01 a.m.

Zelda games have always been a love-it or 'meh' relationship for me. Really, the only two Zelda games I ever totally beat were Twilight Princess (my favorite of all time) and Skyward Sword (so pretty!). I have played the Phantom Hourglass and Minish Cap, but I never beat them. As for Ocarina of Time.....it just didn't jive with me. It feels blasphemous to not play it, but I just didn't like the control scheme and the pacing. Still, had I played more of it I probably would have liked it. Good list, Henry.
  • Fuzunga - September 19, 2013 9:37 p.m.

I'm guessing OoT is rated higher than Majora's Mask based on nostalgia and/or importance. However, I don't see how a game that is mechanically identical to OoT but with better atmosphere and a more interesting world can be ranked lower.