We Recommend

• SentientSquidMachine - August 31, 2012 7:49 a.m.

As a PC gamer who owns a PS3, things like this are what stop me from buying AAA titles for PS3 instead of PC. If it wasn't for FIFA, My PS3 would just be a blueray player, at this point. I have an expansive collection, but in the past 2 years I have switched over to PC-first minded play, and buying. I agree with everyone who thinks that there is no excuse for this. They charged PS3 players the same amount as everyone else, and didn't complete theor job by beta testing the game. Bethesda HAS TO have the money and resources to figure out the problem. All That said, PC is and always will be the perfect console.
  • garnsr - August 31, 2012 9:16 a.m.

So, no matter what kind of PC you have, whatever graphics card or drivers installed out of the box, you'll be able to play any PC game?
  • SentientSquidMachine - August 31, 2012 9:59 a.m.

actually, sure. If you have to turn off AA, reduce the resolution, turn off ansiotropic filtering, or whatever, you absolutely could. But even a joe somebody's dell that his mom bought for him wouldnt have to do all of that. The point is it's the most flexible. There are tiers, but you could easily match this generations consoles graphics and processing capabilities with 5 0r 6 year old tech. Most current games are high low-end friendly, notably, skyrim.
  • wade-wilson-baker - September 5, 2012 9:46 a.m.

ooo here we go again, 6 yr old tech my ass i have a 3 yr old computer, 8GB of RAM 720GB HD lets see AMD phenom x4 64 bit machine and i tell you what I can barely run programs simultaneously. forget running flawlessly on par with that of the console generation that is notably 6 yrs old xbox older than my PC i cannot run Crysis or even skyrim for that matter at full resolution im tired of PC gamers like yea my PC rocks but fails to explain I PAID over 3k to make it work this well and consoles suck not to mention most games on PC that anyone talks about playing are like WOW and DIABLO two games with amazing looks and feels but fail to mention that its from a billion miles away and your characters look like ants and your animations look like claymation and my thought of this and their little 256x256 materials look amazing at that distance close up crap! unless of course playing major titles but u still paid more for your PC than i did for my 299$ ps3
  • SentientSquidMachine - September 6, 2012 12:37 a.m.

See my above reply for some clarification. I play "major" titles, of every genre except EA sports titles (ps3 only)I use a 3 year old laptop 8GBof RAM 500GB HD(that I will be upgrading to 1TB shortly)and a 1st gen i7 with 1GB VRAM ATI vcard, and it runs like butter. Yes it cost 2k, but I'm not a child. PC gaming isn't cheap...who doesn't know this except for the kids who comment on mod vids on youtube 'how do i put that on my xbox.' Yeah you cant play skyrim at max resolution. So. With that hardware I know you can max everything else out. I never said consoles suck, I said PC is awesome. Ive owned a console every generation since SNES, and i said I currently own a PS3.
  • ParagonT - August 31, 2012 1:49 p.m.

PC is far from perfect my friend. Each platform has their faults and redeeming qualities. Consoles may hold gaming back, but it seriously makes gaming cheaper, more accessible for many (this is an important one), Multi-user friendly, and doesn't require a treadmill to keep up with the optimization for consoles. Of course games are going to be better on PC graphically, frame wise, and etc, but that doesn't mean that it's "the better platform". Anyway, its a bit rude to say that a platform is superior (a very subjective statement) when many gamers on this site has different platforms.
  • SentientSquidMachine - September 6, 2012 12:42 a.m.

I'll admit it was a bit of troll bait. We are both probably long time console owners who dabble in PC gaming too, so I get it.
  • SumthingStupid - August 31, 2012 6:26 a.m.

Thats lazy and pathetic why would you even release the game if you wont support it if its to hard for you to do? Like come on you have a fucking job and you dont even want to do it because its a challenge. And fuck Bethesda for releasing games that arent even complete and for obviously not even testing the PS3 version of skyrim.
  • Darkhawk - August 31, 2012 6:08 a.m.

In other news, Fuck Bethesda and their total disrespect for Sony gamers. Glad I also have a 360 so I could avoid this travesty (and glad that Gamesradar was all over this story so I knew well enough in advance).
  • db1331 - August 31, 2012 5:45 a.m.

I own a PS3, and I still find this hilarious. The least they could do is throw it up on the PSN store for free, with a warning that it might cause some issues. That would almost make up for the framerate debacle they had earlier. Honestly though, these games shouldn't be played on a console in the first place. You only have yourself to blame.
  • FlagrantPilgrim - August 31, 2012 7:39 a.m.

Yeah, what was I thinking when I decided to move out of my parents house? I should have stayed in their basement. At least then I'd have an awesome gaming PC, which would entitle me to look down on others.
  • db1331 - August 31, 2012 9 a.m.

Not sure what you're implying. I own my own house, and I spend less gaming on PC than you do on a console.
  • FlagrantPilgrim - October 7, 2012 2:02 p.m.

I highly doubt that. The secondary reason (aside from lack of funds) is that I don't spend enough time playing games to warrant buying a gaming PC. For me, it's cheaper to get a $250 console and a $400 laptop than a $800+ gaming PC.
  • TheCakeIsaPie - August 31, 2012 9:07 a.m.

^THIS As David Houghton said, it's not anyone's fault for playing a game on a game console instead of PC. I mean, it's not like game consoles are meant specifically to play games or anything. It's the developer's fault for not making a proper port.
  • db1331 - August 31, 2012 10:11 a.m.

Developers give the PC bad ports all the time. We can fix them though, because we aren't on a closed platform. Look at Dark Souls.
  • ObliqueZombie - August 31, 2012 10:22 a.m.

Best damn example. Barely half an hour after its release, BAM! A modder fixed internal issues.
  • TheCakeIsaPie - August 31, 2012 10:52 a.m.

That doesn't mean that it's ok to release a bad port. What everyone says about Oblivion is that Bethesda didn't bother to fix 2,300 bugs, but that's ok because the unofficial patch takes care of them. No, it's not ok. Modders shouldn't have to do the developer's job for them. Just because the PC's openness is its saving grace in this situation doesn't mean that it's ok for console gamers to be punished for buying a game for their platform of choice. Your attitude of "it serves you right" is simply awful. See: gamesradar.com/high-horse-when-gaming-community-not-selfish-self-destructive-mess/
  • justin1923 - August 31, 2012 5:16 a.m.

Is it time to buy my first X-Box?
  • db1331 - August 31, 2012 5:42 a.m.

You spelled PC wrong.
  • ParagonT - August 31, 2012 6:35 a.m.

You spelled HDTV penetration wrong.
  • FreezeRay - August 31, 2012 1:04 p.m.

why are you trying to get into a console war with people? It seems like you are trying to justify your gaming choices.
  • The_Ouroboros - September 1, 2012 4:11 a.m.

You must be new here. He's had a long history of being highly inflammatory and generally douchebaggish all over these boards. You tend to ignore it after a while.