We Recommend

• Scuffles - August 31, 2012 5:01 a.m.

In summation This gen of consoles are just crippled PCs and optimizing the game code to make it run on them would be hard. So instead of going out and buying some new RAM for $40 or a new graphics card for $40-75+ and having the game work. Those afflicted with a crippling addiction to consoles can happily bitch that the PC is OMG too expensive while eagerly awaiting the release of the $600-800+ next gen consoles to get their fix.
  • ParagonT - August 31, 2012 6:33 a.m.

Don't forget about the HDTV's! I hear the penetration rate's are getting higher. In all seriousness, please don't start a flame war. To each their own, have some respect for God's sake.
  • birdman1041 - August 31, 2012 4:58 a.m.

Might we be so optimistic as to hope that Bethesda has actually learned from their PS3 mishaps? Perhaps if they had been similarly forthcoming and frankly realistic about their games' performance on the console in the past, we could have avoided a lot of infuriated individuals cussing at their TVs. Signed, a gamer who purchased Fallout: New Vegas at launch and not a Bethesda product since.
  • wheresmymonkey - August 31, 2012 5:26 a.m.

I wouldn't blame bethesda entirely. It's not there fault that the ps3 absolutely hates their engines. They could of not even bothered at all. Then rather than having ps3 versions that they've spent countless hours trying to fix. Ps3 oweners would have nothing, The xbox would have one hell of an exclusive and Bethesda would have a lot less headaches and only a minor reduction in sales. The ps3 versions of all of their games tend to sell less than the PC and 360 verisons anyway. So yeah. moan and bitch all you want These guys can only do the best with what they've got to work with and has been sung from the rafters since time in memorial; The ps3 is an utter pig to work with if its not the lead platform.
  • ParagonT - August 31, 2012 6:28 a.m.

The only problem with that is their admittance of the fact that they knew about the crippling lag before the sale release of the game for PS3. There was no warning there, but they did it anyhow. They deserve whats coming to them. They shafted purchasers, so its only fair that they take responsibility (and piracy rates).
  • birdman1041 - August 31, 2012 7:41 a.m.

I didn't "moan and bitch." I actually meant what I said, that Bethesda appears to have realized honesty is, in fact, the best policy; I wish they had made the same decision with the Fallout series. All you did was read into my words what you already wanted to hear. Personally, I would have greatly preferred they hadn't bothered. I'd have been happy to have nothing, if that meant having my 60 dollars in hand so I could purchase a non-broken game. Correction: I purchased RAGE after Fallout: New Vegas, which I guess Bethesda had something to do with. Am I wrong to be concerned about Dishonored? I still see that "Bethesda" word and recoil in horror.