We thought Dragon Age II was great and we’re not the only ones. The multi-platform sequel sold 1 million copies less than two weeks after it went on sale. As a token of appreciation to its fans, BioWare has released a special ‘thank you’ trailer for Dragon Age II and Mass Effect 2. But that’s not the important part.
Until April 30, 2011, anyone who owns a copy of Dragon Age II will be eligible to download a free copy of Mass Effect 2 for the PC from the EA Store. All you have to do is register your copy of Dragon Age II to activate the Black Emporium online pass before April 30.
Here are the official details and instructions straight from BioWare:
1. Activate the Online Pass content that came with your copy of Dragon Age II (The Black Emporium)
2. Start the game and log in using your EA Account or create a new EA Account
3. Visit http://social.bioware.com/me2offer and log in with that EA Account
4. Enter your Online Pass code and click “Submit.” You will then be provided the code for Mass Effect 2.
5. Open the EA Download Manager and enter the code to commence download
Above: Two games, one trailer. As a special thanks to fans, BioWare is giving away a free copy of Mass Effect 2 on PC to all Dragon Age II owners
Technically, even if you haven’t already purchased a copy of Dragon Age II, you can still get one for your free copy of Mass Effect 2. GamesRadar gave Dragon Age II an 8-out-of-10 and Mass Effect 2 a perfect 10. Sounds like a good deal to us.
GamesRadar is the premiere source for everything that matters in the world of video games. Casual or core, console or handheld - whatever systems you own or whatever genres you love, GamesRadar is there to filter out what's worth your time and to help you get even more from your games. We deliver the best advice, the most in-depth features, expert reviews, and the essential guides for all the top games.