We Recommend

• Corvon - May 31, 2011 4:59 p.m.

there IS a way for REDEMPTION! IF and only IF this thing here will be free as a dove, incl. all the "DLC" *cough* that already included on the Disc*cough* and Dedi servers for pc. Activision; please..... ur already filthy rich. ur "fanboys" are now becoming hateboys. dont give'm another reason.
  • oneshotfinch - May 31, 2011 4:12 p.m.

The theatre mode and video uploading will obviously be free, I'd say that the premium content will be the extra maps. If I had to guess the new maps will still be in map packs while the premium Elite content will be old maps ported to the MW3 engine.
  • DeeEss - May 31, 2011 3:40 p.m.

I'll probably get MW3 at some point, but I'll not be paying any kind of subscription. Nice for people who are interested, but not for me.
  • LeeVEGETA - May 31, 2011 3:31 p.m.

@CitizenWolfie Think of bungie.net and their Halo tracking system, and thats pretty much what CoD is going to get, and like the Bungie Pro (which you pay a sub fee for rendering videos and an increased file share) CoD will probably get something similar
  • Manguy17 - May 31, 2011 3:28 p.m.

Seriously, you gotta be pretty retarded to pay for this, particuarly if its just a theatre mode style system, Just buy a capture card. its cheaper in the long run. that said This is all free elsewhere.Kotick, satan kill kill kill.
  • CitizenWolfie - May 31, 2011 3:20 p.m.

@Lando81 - Ah right, I thought it would be similar to the free Battlefield game where you can play for free but the best weapons cost you. So long as paid subscriptions don't give any play advantage over free ones then I suppose that'll be ok.
  • Lando81 - May 31, 2011 3:09 p.m.

@CitizenWolfie All the weapons, perks, and killstreaks will be available to EVERYONE. The paid content will more than likely be new maps, theater and stat tracking.
  • CitizenWolfie - May 31, 2011 3:05 p.m.

I'm more of a casual CoD player but what I hope this means is this: All the die hards, clan junkies, no-skill boosters and kids with access to mum's debit card will be signed up for the paid for content. You know, mostly the people who will pay through the teeth for access to the best killstreaks and weapons. They can all have their own fun - class players matched up against each other and hackers cheating each other into a stalemate. In the meanwhile, the ones who sign up for the free content can play each other for a bit of fun. Which is what games are about right? So that's what I'm hoping for. What we'll likely get is some prick who's bought all the best weapons dominating games against tier one weapons. Isn't capitalism great?
  • Lando81 - May 31, 2011 3:03 p.m.

I'll gladly buy this to improve my experience. As long as they keep it cheap, (No more than $5 a month) I'll gladly shell out the cash.
  • harrisongeorge - May 31, 2011 2:57 p.m.

I'll be buying MW3 sure,but I'm not paying for any extra crap.
  • Rinaldvonizeburn - May 31, 2011 2:50 p.m.

I feel so sorry for those poor COD addicts. Once a fun game to play with people now will become a cash burning experience.
  • LeeVEGETA - May 31, 2011 2:35 p.m.

I'm surprised its taken this long, to say Bungie have been doing this for years. And if they "pay for" content is just for theatre/uploading videos/converting them, then that is a little off, due to Bungie only charging you for upping your file share and rendering the videos.
  • HaVoK308 - May 31, 2011 2:29 p.m.

It's hard for me to believe that someone would actually pay for this.
  • Akutare - May 31, 2011 2:25 p.m.

All the more reason to not get MW3, especially if they don't have Dedicated Servers this time around.