We Recommend

• ThundaGawd - November 28, 2012 1:12 p.m.

I would actually like to see a prequel to the original game. After all, Dishonored starts with Corvo returning from a 6-month expedition to neighboring continents/country's in search for a cure for the plague. Dunno about everyone else, but sending off a highly trained personal bodyguard for a diplomatic mission seems a little odd, unless some form of danger was already foreseen. They could easily integrate it into the main story, since they rarely go into the details regarding his expedition o.o
  • Hullonotna - December 5, 2012 3:49 p.m.

But you won't get any cool abilities :(
  • ThatDeadDude - November 28, 2012 2:03 a.m.

I found that turning off AdBlock got the articles working for me in Chrome.
  • Rub3z - November 27, 2012 10:44 p.m.

Unlike most people, I didn't really see a problem with how Chaos affected violent playthroughs. In fact, I actually preferred the endgame outcome potential for high chaos, and the way characters treated and reacted to you was sobering. It was, in my opinion, a far more interesting game when the violence got involved too often, in which I actually questioned the implications and purpose of my violent ways. When I stayed my hand in my first playthrough (in pursuit of a Ghost, No Kill), I found the ending too saccharine, too sweet and happily-ever-after. It was the sort of thing that didn't suit a game where lethal power is constantly thrust upon you, and motive to show no mercy is ripe and plentiful... I found myself constantly grinding my teeth at the idea of a man who goes through such an ordeal with a blade in his right hand and a whole slew of fatal devices stuffed in his pockets, yet not once does he exercise use of them. So then I loaded up new a violence-driven playthrough to vent this frustration, and found myself actually pleasantly surprised to find a game that rewarded me in plentiful - if unconventional - ways for doing so. Suddenly, I was caught in a void of reliance upon my many, many, increasingly devilish ways of doling out "revenge." And it only felt good until I realized its beauty and appeal was skin-deep, indeed, only as deep as all those gadgets had remained stuffed in my pockets in the first playthrough. What was so amazing was that through senseless, gleeful violence and its subsequent impact on the course of events in the late stages of the story... I actually began to care. Because the NPCs who I stayed my blade against actually had something to say about the numerous others that I'd eviscerated without a second thought. Suddenly, Corvo became to me a character that I'd crafted in my own right, subject to a dark cautionary tale about the seductive lure of bloody vengeance and where it was bound to leave you in the end... with nobody around to celebrate your supposed triumph but yourself. The fact that Emily SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS was all the more heartbreaking.
  • wheresmymonkey - November 28, 2012 12:59 a.m.

you do realise she doesnt have to spoiler spoier spoiler, even at high chaos if you are quick.
  • EzraPound - January 13, 2013 12:53 a.m.

I managed to spoiler spoiler spoiler by freezing time at high chaos.
  • dragoon713 - November 27, 2012 10:07 p.m.

The main character should not be Emily as seen from the end she only seems to focused on being empress. Instead of her it should be her child or someone that tries to kill her but was betrayed by their contractors. This could keep with the title. In another case it could be a fair chance to make the protagonist from a different isle or the continent. More powers and weapons would make things better. One draw back could be that with more things could lead to some overpowering. The world should be open allowing for more creativity Another thing that could be put in would be a multiplayer mode. The powers and weapons could be put into classes.
  • winner2 - November 28, 2012 5:37 a.m.

I pray to God there is no multiplayer in dunwall, ever. IMO, this is most certainly not the game for it.
  • Fraught - November 29, 2012 2:51 a.m.

...that would exactly be the point. That could also be how you'd actually progress through the game and level up your powers, like in the first one: Emily'd be focused on "being empress", but then some conflict would come along (which is vital for a story, y'know) that forces her into a situation where she CAN'T just "be the empress" or, indeed, focus on it, and HAS to resort to sort of "awakening" the power within her, and slowly discover all it can do. Hence, levelling up. Also, no. Just...no. Multiplayer is the worst idea in the world, stop. Dishonored was story-driven, first, and I think going through a world in a sandbox-y stealth game is far preferable to running around shooting up other sporadic players. Like winner2 said, definitely not the game for it.
  • RoxasorSora - November 27, 2012 7:47 p.m.

I would want more segments where you can walk around freely instead of always in trouble.
  • IcarusLeonardo - November 27, 2012 7:36 p.m.

More back story on The Outsider...
  • ObliqueZombie - November 27, 2012 4:06 p.m.

I think playing as Emily would be a great idea! She'd definitely need to be more vocal than Corvo, that's for sure. I agree with all of these, too. I'd like to go to more places and use more powers, and I SURE AS HELL want a bigger incentive for playing violently. That said, though, I thought the stealth play-through was some of the most fun I've ever had, and it honestly made since for a place littered with Guard corpses to be more infected with the plague and cause uneasiness in Dunwall--hell, sometimes they were "innocent," but the Heart made killing them easier. All in all, I want a lengthier game (this game already had immense amounts of replayability for me) with more varied locales and a better ending for the "violent ending," even though you could argue it wasn't THAT bad of an ending.
  • Clovin64 - November 27, 2012 3:29 p.m.

I hope it isn't an open-world game. Some games just work better with traditional levels. And yes, I would love to have more incentive for lethal playthroughs (and everything inbetween). I played Dishonoured in a lethal style because, hey I'm an assassin with a big knife, and the ending just felt like a big "fuck you".
  • bamit11 - November 27, 2012 3:12 p.m.

Am I ever going to be able to view these articles with Chrome again?
  • DoubleLedgeTakedown - November 27, 2012 3:01 p.m.

Samuel the boatman as the main protagonist!
  • Hullonotna - November 27, 2012 2:24 p.m.

Interesting ideas. So you want Emily as the new playable character? That could be a nice twist on things but how do you justify an Empress who drops everything and goes climbing on roof tops. From what I gathered from the game the Empress does not do a lot of dirty work. It was even Corvo who went to discuss the issue of the plague with the neighboring countries/cities. Might be an interesting twist, but I don't see how it might work out. Also the heart must make a comeback. If Emily is the new protagonist it would be awesome to see how she would struggle to accept the heart's existence (assuming the heart is of Emily's mother). One last thing. The main character must have a voice actor and actual speaking parts. Corvo was okay as a silent, brooding type since that's the way he is. The new character should be a bit more vocal (not another Corvo).
  • ObliqueZombie - November 27, 2012 4:02 p.m.

Maybe there was an attempting regicide, and the escaped by the skin of her teeth. Further, maybe the other kingdoms plotted it, thus leading us to said places.