We Recommend

• Johnnyboy101253 - November 13, 2013 3:15 p.m.

I don't believe Xbox One does deserve a second look from me or anyone else that has been screwed over by them. After they pay back the $300 dollars they cost me in fees with my bank after I cancelled xbox live from lack of money, then we can talk forgiveness :3 hell, just give me a free Xbox One and I'll forget all about it xD Although I'd prefer the Playstation 4, and that really isn't going to change anytime soon. Microsoft has made a lot of mistakes, I don't doubt that they are kissing butt now because they want to save their company, but maybe they should have thought of that before mistreating their customers on far too many occasions. I was iffy with them for years, loving PS4 for its games but having an Xbox 360 for its shooters. They lost me due to how they treated me, the lies they told about Xbox Gold early on, and the lies they told everyone about their systems to get more sales. I'm sorry but I'm not falling for it again. Xbox 360 graphics didn't hold up to PS3's after they said it did, now I don't believe Xbox One's graphics will hold up to PS4's no matter how many people say "It should be close to the same system." Bull, Playstation never mistreated me, never tried to charge me $10 dollars a day AFTER I had cancelled my membership over a month prior to the point that the bank charged me over $300 dollars, thusly leading to the beginning of my ruined credit, nor did Playstation ever make a promise then not fulfill it, to anybody. Maybe Xbox One will be worth it to some people out there, but those will have to be the children that don't know they're being mistreated or the people that don't care that they are.
  • logicslayer - August 19, 2013 4:42 p.m.

Of course it deserves to be looked at as an option now. They have already lost me for now though. Maybe after a price drop.
  • Pruman - August 19, 2013 10:46 a.m.

Microsoft will never separate the Kinect from the core XBONE package because it's too valuable a tool for their advertising clients, which I bet they make more money on than game licensing at this point: http://bgr.com/2012/06/12/microsoft-xbox-kinect-targeted-advertising-emotions/ Look at that article, and tell me with a straight face that the new Kinect is all about gaming.
  • CunningSmile - August 15, 2013 5:26 a.m.

"...Not only that, but you wouldn’t be able to play your games from other consoles or accounts..," Yes that's exactly the impression I was getting from the way they were telling us the exact opposite about being able to access your entire games library from any console. This whole article was filled with similar mistakes and misrepresentations. Pathetic.
  • CunningSmile - August 19, 2013 1:13 a.m.

Family sharing is a completely seperate feature, and I did watch it unfurl in real time. From the word go they were talking about the ability to access your own library from any console. Therefore I stand by my statement this is incorrect.
  • AlexZ - August 14, 2013 1:01 p.m.

I belive it does.If they keep changing things,in the end they will take out the Kinect so you don't have to pay 100$ more(they will sell it separately).it will be just like now.
  • FlyinHawaiian13 - August 14, 2013 7:59 a.m.

Really I have my heart set on PS4. Destiny is going multiplat, and I've realized I'm more a fan of Bungie than the shell that Halo has become. Also, PS4 can stream PS1 and PS2 games. I can't tell you how hyped I am for that. Plus Sony's MMOs and The Abe's Oddworld Remake? Clinched.
  • ten_six - August 14, 2013 7:10 a.m.

Subject: Transcript of your chat Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 13:31:22 -0400 General Info Chat start time Aug 13, 2013 12:42:07 PM EST Chat end time Aug 13, 2013 1:31:22 PM EST Duration (actual chatting time) 00:49:15 Operator Anton Chat Transcript You are now chatting with 'Anton'. Anton: Hello, thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support. My name is Anton. Please give me a moment to review your question. Anton: Hi , how are you doing? Me: I'm good thank you. I had a question and was chatting with a representative earlier today but was cut off. Do you have a copy of that conversation or do we start from scratch? Anton: Sorry there is no copy attached to are chat Anton: This is regarding the family pack right Anton: / Me: OK, not a problem.. my question relates to the changes in policy with Live Gold and the family pack I am currently under Me: I have 4 people (myself included) on Xbox Gold Family. Anton: yes, Me: I understand you are doing away with this very soon Me: I understand that they will be converted to separate gold member accounts Anton: yes, and everyone of you will get a gold subscription Anton: plus 3 extra months Anton: free each Me: and that this will come into effect 2-3 months after my current subscription ends Me: OK, I understand that on Xbox One I would only need one gold account and the rest of the family would have a gold status on the Xbox One Me: correct? Anton: yes Anton: For one console everyone can be gold member Anton: 3/4/2014 your subscription ends then we add 3 more months to that Me: For one Xbox One console or for one of any Xbox console? Me: because I currently have 2 Xbox 360 consoles at my house Anton: Its just for the xbox one. everyone who uses it can use it as a gold member Anton: no limit of people Me: So then for the two existing Xbox 360s I need to have four gold accounts? Anton: How many accounts do you have in your family pack right now? Me: 4, me, my wife, and my two kids Anton: So you still have a slot left? Me: I have 4 family members including myself. the family pack is 4 members, is it not? Anton: Yes, sorry all 4 of you will get a subscription until 3/4/2014 your subscription ends then we add 3 more months to that Me: yes, but then after that - to maintain gold status for the 4 of us on the two Xbox 360s we already own we need to have 4 separate gold accounts, correct? Anton: It depends on how you use your memberships , for different games . But essentially you just need one for each. you can all use this Me: i dont understand.. do you need one gold account per member when using it through the Xbox 360 or not? Anton: If each member has a level that they saved on there corresponding games you each play for your accounts. but if you just use your memberships to play games that are not that hardcore gaming. you can have just one membership per console. Me: Why are you being cryptic? I simply asked if to be a gold member of Xbox Live you needed to have SEPARATE accounts for each person whenit comes to using it on a Xbox 360. Can you answer yes or no to that? Anton: I am not being cryptic , you can have 1 membership per xbox. that would be fine. Me: one Gold membership shared for everybody using the Xbox 360 or one Gold membership for the XBox One shared for everybody on that system? Anton: If you dont have specific games and levels you saved on one account, and you just use this for steaming and playing party games 1 membership on one console will be more than okay, for the xbox 360 Anton: The xbox one will be using a different online server Me: but currently all my accounts are Gold accounts on our two Xbox 360s.. I'm asking if I have to pay for four different accounts once the family pack deal is over in order to keep them all Gold on the Xbox 360s Me: yes or no Anton: yes, Me: then you are screwing your xbox 360 fan base that are on the family plan Me: because now it's going to cost alot more for those 4 gold memberships Me: YEARLY Anton: Your accounts are extended and you you really dont need all four accounts do you? Me: of course, they are all gold accounts. aren't there benefits to being a gold account memeber? they can't play online multiplayer without a gold account. Me: You guys touted the need to be a Gold member and you are telling me there really is no need now? Me: really, the point is - you are charging me more for 4 accounts on the Xbox 360 now that you are removing the family pack. Worse, I never see anyone mention that when they talk about the new Xbox One gold account letting everyone else in the house play as Gold. Me: You dont say "but the Xbox 360's will have to pay full price for each person wanting to be Gold in your household" Me: Why would you charge your current 360 fan base MORE for something they have been receiving already for years? And not even mention it.
  • fpezy - August 17, 2013 7:06 a.m.

hey man u shouldn't be hard on anton hes only a voice for Microsoft not the brains
  • taokaka - August 14, 2013 4:31 a.m.

I don't see anything wrong with the hardware itself and microsoft has hopefully learnt its lesson. But for me the games will always be what makes a console, not which console has the greatest sales or which console makes the prettiest graphics, just the one with the games I'd enjoy the most. Based off of sony's history of games I can confidently put my money down for the ps4, and also a few third party japanese publishers sometimes only release there games on sony's machine such as namco bandai's brilliant tales of Xillia I am playing at the moment. I don't have to look far to see games I want coming to the ps4 such as the new infamous which will be a day one purchase for me without a doubt. Microsoft can't compete with sony for my attention in this regard.
  • Churchy99 - August 14, 2013 1:48 a.m.

My short answer to the question: No.
  • FaustoVDMB - August 13, 2013 11:58 p.m.

Unfortunately Microsoft tackled the release on it´s new console in a poor manner. By simply launching in essence a 360 with its current features but with the capacity to reproduce XBone games at a lower price (400$), and the elite version with all the features it was planning on featuring as the expensive version (600$), not only would there be a relatively less hatred posting on the internet but a better acceptance over an ¨always¨ online and digital media future. But, It´s how Microsoft acted all high and mighty as if they where the only gaming option with various obnoxious comments on the matter (¨Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity and it´s called Xbox 360¨-Don Mattrick-). This type of comments and reasoning is really offensive, at least personally, since I am of the few or various people that had to purchase multiple consoles over the infamous RROD (4 different consoles), all for the love and preference over multiple exclusive franchises and games that to date still enjoy. And with how the economy has affected me I have to go for times without internet since its essential only for the school of my family that would mean at least 2 months each year without the ability to even play offline solo campaign not to mention only the option to pay for the cheapest internet connection making it hard to play online. I´m sorry but Microsoft will have to do something better to make me forget that slap in the face other than a ¨sorry for making changes, here´s the same expensive product with a probable future patch to once again enable it´s DRM and always online¨
  • chavbuster1 - August 13, 2013 10:04 p.m.

Although it may make me a hypocrite, and it pains me to say after all the shit.... ...I'm probably going to buy the Xbox180 when it's released without Kinect later on, simply because I'm used to xbox360 and the fact that it has a slightly stronger game line up. ...But then again, PSN is free.....
  • RSQViper - August 14, 2013 6:07 a.m.

PSN is not going to be free any more. not if you want to play online with the PS4, anyway. It's going to cost the same as Xbox Gold. And you're right on the X1 having a stronger game lineup. I noticed the same thing. if it gets a non-Kinect bundle, I honestly think it become a bit of a no-brainer for me to go X1.
  • chavbuster1 - August 14, 2013 7 a.m.

I suppose Sony has to make money some how haha, but yeah fist bump! They can keep Dance Party 5 or Kinectimals Super Family Sports 2 or whatever, Dead Rising 3, Destiny, and Titanfall have my interest atm.
  • chavbuster1 - August 16, 2013 9:07 p.m.

Hmmm I see... Thanks for the info :)