We Recommend

• heyitsmarcus - May 27, 2010 4:55 a.m.

The "sega 3DO" comment seems kind of "off." It looks like he's implying that Sega made it, rather than Panasonic (or the who knows how many others).
  • TrIp13G - May 27, 2010 4:38 a.m.

Benjamin Griffin, I'm calling you out. Prey is a great game.
  • cart00n - May 27, 2010 3:43 a.m.

Yep, gotta cry foul on the inclusion of Prey. Really enjoyed that one. Still holding out for a Prey 2! reCaptcha: issue dweebs
  • CH3BURASHKA - May 27, 2010 2:13 a.m.

Lol, Sewer Shark was a tad unexpected.
  • Blackout1881 - May 27, 2010 1:40 a.m.

Wow Prey really? Calling that game crap is just ridiculous. Quantum of Solace also looked better than all the other games running on the engine, it ran at 30fps and had textures and effects like twice as high res as COD.
  • Ninja-KiLLR - May 26, 2010 11:37 p.m.

@RainbowStalin There is no reason why Killzone 2 would be on a crap game list. Sure it coulda been a little more orginal but it was still fun and i still play it I also enjoyed Flashpoint. i was kinda nice change fro shooters.
  • RainbowStalin - May 26, 2010 11:27 p.m.

As soon as I read the title I instantly thought "Killzone 2"
  • EricBratcher - May 26, 2010 11:22 p.m.

Well, except for Sewer Shark. Anyone whose opinion is that Sewer Shark wasn't the worst game ever is just not trustworthy.
  • EricBratcher - May 26, 2010 11:21 p.m.

I actually liked Operation Flashpoint myself. But this is Ben's list, and everyone's entitled to his or her own editorial opinion.
  • JamesT - May 26, 2010 11:03 p.m.

I agree with others saying that Prey was a very good game.
  • JADENkOTOR - May 26, 2010 10:35 p.m.

I disliked Prey quite a bit with that fucked up story and shitty weapons I can see why its on the list. I haven't played Quantum of Solace but I think I might rent it after hearing some of you stick up for it, especially if the graphics are the only gripe.
  • JohnnyMaverik - May 26, 2010 10:29 p.m.

No, no, no, no, no, no, >.< 1. Prey didn't look great on release but if Doom 3 had released along side Prey at the same time that woulden't have looked outstanding either. Prey (and Doom 3 for that matter) still looked passable back then though (and IMO, as somebody who isn't anal about the graphical quality of games, Prey still looks just fine today). What's more it's a good game, so shh with all your "not a sum of it's parts". 2. Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising is technically impressive, the only reason it looks a tad ugly is because they tried to make it look realistic, and reality looks like arse, however that's not to say that it's isn't an impressivly realistic game (graphically).
  • Romination - May 26, 2010 10:12 p.m.

Yeah, I'm jumping on the Prey boat here. It was a ride, and a really good one at that. Again, you guys awarded this a good score.
  • ilike2pwn - May 26, 2010 9:03 p.m.

Quantum of Solace isn't THAT bad. It was no GoldenEye, but the Cover System worked. Captcha: Please Come
  • Rhymenocerous - May 26, 2010 8:57 p.m.

Sorry, but Operation Flashpoint 2 is brilliant. One of the most underrated (and unapreciated) games of this generation in my opinion.
  • ultimatepunchrod - May 26, 2010 8:31 p.m.

sonic does work in 3D. sonic adventure 1 and 2 were not bad games. in fact they were great games. i dont know why so many GR writers seem to hate sonic adventure but whatever. anyway, i agreed with the rest.
  • Baron164 - May 26, 2010 8:20 p.m.

I actually liked Quantum of Solace. It wasn't Goldeneye by any means but still. I felt they did a good job with it. The multiplayer wasn't even bad either. I think it's one of Treyarch's better games. Of course I know since this is Treyarch that isn't saying much.
  • DRILLERDUD - May 26, 2010 8:05 p.m.

but you guys gave Operation Flashpoint a 9... which is an "Awesome" on your scale.
  • ensabahnur - May 26, 2010 8:04 p.m.

When you put it in terms of Gears and Batman, all other unreal games are crap, im surprised you didnt included Unreal Tournament 3 (OHHHH SHHHNAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPP)
  • OnyxOblivion - May 26, 2010 7:46 p.m.

I am aware you mention the Portal thing. But don't forget the interesting take in the classic aliens plot. STUPID CLIFFHANGER ENDING.