We Recommend

• karok123 - November 7, 2010 6:05 p.m.

urgh. u shouldnt really have any skills below 5, should be 9 intelligence to level up quicker and the other point on whatever you like. (endurance most likely) then go to the new vegas medical clinic and buy all the implants to have +1 on each special, higher endurance means more implants.
  • ImAFckingDragn - November 6, 2010 7:59 p.m.

Alright, I shouldn't say stealth is useless, it does come in handy in dark places assuming you have a companion with you who can also stealth. But I've found that a rediculous heath and damage reduction rating goes much farther to make you amazing at killing and surviving.
  • ImAFckingDragn - November 6, 2010 7:23 p.m.

Ug, this unarmed build is terrible. Stealth is NOT good for unarmed like it is in the Fallout 3, most of the things you'd want to sneak up on will spot you and the things you can sneak up on you don't really need to. If you have to go stealth, I'd put 50 into it only for the holdout weapons. The real trick to unarmed is taking damage reduction perks, wearing big armor, and getting lots of hitpoints so you can take punishment. A few unarmed perks like slayer and maybe paralyzing palm are good, but you really don't need them. If you max unarmed and get something like "Pushy" or the Ballistic Fists, you'll 2 shot death claws. Again, the trick is more surviving their attacks.
  • tipene - January 6, 2012 1:38 p.m.

(Fallout New vegas with no DLC's only!) While the guide is quite helpful i would like to say that my unarmed build is quite good and uses every source of power for all weapons. Because if you have an Anti-Material rifle or sniper rifle you can easily pick off a quarter of their health if they are in the legion or one shot kill if NCR or other non legion characters (including robots) or a trail carbine can do for if you are in mid-ranged-combat as they can take upto three shots to kill a legion Veteran or praetorian guard. But if you are too close use a ballistic fist, displacer glove or a power fist go into vats and attack them normally or you can use cross or uppercut for and easier kill. I have marked my best special stats and perks >ACCORDING TO MY SKILL< Strength- Strength is very important for power so the damage will be slightly increased. Eight was best for me. Perception- Perception isn't important for a melee character but with me usoing guns I recruited ED-E for a long range view for my sniping skill. One or two was best for me. Endurance- Endurance is really effective. five or six is quite good. Charisma- You need a high charisma if you wish to not fight Legateus Lanius or the NCR. 6 or 7 Intelligence- 1 or 4 Agility- 1 or 2 (Plus implant equaLS 3) luck- 3 or 4 plus implant sorry i cant complete it something really important has come up.
  • nofxmike06 - November 3, 2010 11:52 p.m.

Anyone tried killing everyone they see with the shiskhabab(sp)for the corresponding achievement/trophy?
  • IChooseUAntistaMON - November 3, 2010 9:45 p.m.

I forgot to finish my comment i have 9 strength 1 Perception 9 Endurance 9 Charisma(What ever points were left) Intelegence 9 agility 1 luck 1/2 and then taged survival, science and hand to hand
  • IChooseUAntistaMON - November 3, 2010 9:14 p.m.

All these kits are basically the same thing, an average amount for each SPECIAl you gatta go with extremes, i made a Brawler for my second/hardcore playthrouh he had 9 S
  • philipshaw - November 3, 2010 7:49 p.m.

I usually go with high speech, science and lock picking skill because it cuts out time wasted fetching things
  • avantguardian - November 3, 2010 2:31 p.m.

i'd also like to add that spacegrass is a great name...
  • avantguardian - November 3, 2010 2:27 p.m.

sniper, boone, & ed-e...pretty unstoppable...especially w/ the gobi rifle...put lockpick up so you can reach 100 relatively early (i got it lvl 15), the sniper perch above cottonwood cove... it's kind of weird that this game has one of the more realistic depictions of sniping in games (i'm pretty sure you can't quickscope...a-holes, spotting, slowly scouring the (open)wilderness for your potential targets, etc.), hardcore mode helps w/ that too...but it is kind of too easy... also, anyone else think the songs are really creepy?
  • The4X - November 3, 2010 6:32 a.m.

I think good advise is: have your skills upgraded until 80, if you'll need 100, use magazine (comprehension required)
  • Gurkog - November 3, 2010 1:55 a.m.

oh, I forgot that I almost never use VATS as a sniper since it seems to have a higher miss % for head shots than just aiming, especially at extreme ranges.
  • Gurkog - November 3, 2010 1:52 a.m.

starting with a str of 4 as a sniper is not a bad thing... you can get 6 str easily and take the -2 str requirement for guns perk to use the AMR. I found that with the AMR I could 2 shot almost anything including the legendary deathclaw.... and in the case of close range battles take off at least 1/2 of anything's hp with 1 shot.
  • Spacegrass - November 3, 2010 12:21 a.m.

Snipers definitely need more than 4 strength, the best rifles require 6-8 to use effectively. Also, every character should have a high endurance, this will allow you to get more implants when you become a cyborg later in the game.
  • Larinah - November 3, 2010 12:21 a.m.

Final pic on page 2. Rebar Club->Power Fist. Regardless of your build you will stomp ass in. 'Nuff said.
  • Kaltoria - November 2, 2010 11:25 p.m.

the second picture that GR has in hardcore survivalist is from fallout 3, thought you could put a cover over my eyes i think not.
  • JeffK - November 2, 2010 10:22 p.m.

I'm not sure I understand the SPECIAL recommendation for the unarmed build. I don't even bother with anything unarmed, or really even melee, so I'm sure overall the build is fine. But after so explicitly noting how important sneaking would be, how can you recommend an agility of 5? I understand critical hits are a big deal, but I can't see how a luck of 8 is optimal vs. taking 1 or 2 of those points and putting them into agility. What am I missing?
  • potpan0 - November 2, 2010 10:04 p.m.

@OnyxOblivion Luck is a stat you don't really want to drop. It effects your critical chance and increases all your stats by +1 every 2 levels of it. It also increases the chance of winning at roulette.
  • OnyxOblivion - November 2, 2010 9:19 p.m.

Oh, and lower Luck to 1. Luck is luck...You shouldn't need to get lucky to win a fight. And the Luck perks suck.
  • OnyxOblivion - November 2, 2010 9:13 p.m.

INT of 10 15 (17 with Educated) skill points per level. ??? PROFIT