We Recommend

• lazer59882 - September 9, 2012 1:35 a.m.

"Without Final Fantasy VII, you might have continued to stick to shooters, platformers, or whatever your preferred genre was, and missed out on the many amazing role-playing games to be released in the last 15 years." go ahead, someone defend that awful, blatantly generic viewpoint from the perspective of someone like myself, whose first RPG experience was years before this game. please, someone please explain to me how it's not condescending, and why i shouldn't be offended by it.
  • Mcfluffan - September 9, 2012 4:22 p.m.

Despite the fact that is an generic viewpoint and it is very does not apply to everyone (like me) I don't understand why you have to complain about it. This is the situation for a lot of people and that is the point trying to be made here. It opened a lot of people's eyes to RPGs because of its popularity. It even says it in the statement "Without Final Fantasy VII, you MIGHT have..." Might, so it might apply to you. If something as simple as this offends you, I would hate to live your life bro, just saying.
  • Tom_Goulter - September 9, 2012 4:55 p.m.

Because "might" indicates that while this is true in a large number of cases, it "might" not be true for you? You shouldn't be offended by it because it's a person on the Internet saying a game was popular, not that you're a doody.
  • einhazard - September 9, 2012 5:25 p.m.

Because it's really generic to be offended by things on the internet.
  • lazer59882 - September 9, 2012 1:26 a.m.

really, did a single one of you assholes read my comment? what the fuck is wrong with you people? how am i the only one that sees how shit this article is? regardless of whether or not most of my comments are negative, saying a game is memorable and important is different from saying "this game is important to you, and here's why you think so". get the fuck over yourselves, stop talking amongst yourselves about how you think i'm a big meanie, fucking deal with the point i made, and acknowledge how fucking weirdly written this article is so maybe in the future such shittily written articles will be shot down or properly edited before being published. any other questions?
  • zombi3grim - September 9, 2012 6:12 a.m.

Damn, them tampons either must be extra absorbant or you have like three vaginas. I dont think Ive ever seen someone cry so hard over an internet article before. You got alot of growing up to do, little man.
  • bash street kid - September 8, 2012 9:37 p.m.

It was also racially progressive. RPGs weren't exactly renown for their black characters, let alone a main core black character. In-fact (and please correct me if I'm wrong) there had never been a major black character in any RPG up until this point. I know there was most likely commercial reasoning for this considering the game's sights being set on a western audience (more-so than any other RPG before it).. but none-the-less. To boot, Barret Wallace was an eco-centric freedom-fighter and overall a generally positive force. Jarring Lingo aside the character was actually quite fresh and cliche-free.
  • zombi3grim - September 8, 2012 11:23 a.m.

FFVII is and will always remain my favorite game of all time. It wasnt my first game, I started out on the atari and actually played the first FFVII that came out in 1987. It wasnt my first RPG, as I've played VI, Breath of Fire and others. But it is without a doubt one of the best RPG's to have ever come out. The music, characters, story...all were head and shoulders above the rest, and still is with alot of games that come out nowadays. Hate all you want. Pick VI over VII all you want. VII had more then VI. More graphics, more gameplay, more characters, more depth. Bring on the flames, bitches!
  • Viron - September 9, 2012 11:34 a.m.

1. Your mad is showing 2. It's your opinion and you're right to have it, but just because it differs from other people's opinions does not mean you need to get mad, that's what stupid people do. 3. Seriously calm down.
  • lazer59882 - September 9, 2012 12:50 p.m.

lol, okay mustachioed fat goku
  • zombi3grim - September 9, 2012 5 p.m.

Yeah, the modded comment was because the site posted my comment twice. Thats why I said two tampons. But okay. If it makes you feel better, sure, they modded it because your smarter then me. PFFFFFFFFFFFFHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
  • Rascanuvols - September 8, 2012 10:36 a.m.

Modern FFs should learn about the humor part.
  • BladedFalcon - September 8, 2012 9:33 p.m.

Agreed on that.
  • gilgamesh310 - September 8, 2012 7:25 a.m.

The chocobo hot and cold minigame in FF 9 was far more entertaining than the one in 7. I also think FF 9 has the best soundtrack in the series and best game soundtrack ever for that matter. I like FF 7 but 4,6 and 9 are my favourites.
  • Octaviux - September 7, 2012 9:28 p.m.

This game was only likeable if you're into japanese art style