We Recommend

• tacehtselrahc - February 29, 2012 11:05 p.m.

I preferred using the Mako to explore planets in Mass Effect to the tedious planet scanning in ME2.
  • BladedFalcon - February 29, 2012 10:46 p.m.

The loot WAS rather crappily organized in ME1. And i didn't mind so much how it was handled in ME2, but I would be lying if i didn't admit there was a sense of satisfaction upon getting new weapons and armor often. Happily, I think ME3 strikes a balance here with giving you more weapons and upgrades and shit to collect than ME2, without making it as cluttered as it was in ME1. The ammo IS definitely something that bugged me, gameplay-wise it probably was better, since with the right upgrades, you could easily by-pass the overheating problem. But it WOULD have made ME feel more unique had it made an effort to balance the overheating system rather than to opt for the ever conventional ammo clips. Also, wasn't a fan of elevators, but having to endure the load times between changing parts of the ship in ME2 was equally annoying. Hopefully ME3 will have better load times. Lastly... Seriously guys, aren't you overacting about Ashley and the ME1 crew? I am not even a big fan of Ashely, but I WILL say that how they handled her issue with aliens was good, and she eventually becomes more accepting of the, so is the rest of the crew. And seriously, look at the world around you. Racism is EVERYWHERE even in this day and age just among other humans, how could you NOT expect most humans in the future be rather distrustful and xenophobic of other races? >_>
  • Balaska - February 29, 2012 10:45 p.m.

I hate that ME2 had a reload mechanic for the guns. ME1's system of overheating felt far more futuristic.
  • Rowdie - March 1, 2012 12:11 p.m.

AMEN!
  • NanoElite666 - February 29, 2012 10:44 p.m.

Call me crazy, but I actually found myself missing the elevator sequences from the first game when I played the second. Maybe it's because I played the first game on PC and didn't have to suffer through unbearably long elevators, but they helped provide a bit of immersion throughout the game that the loading screens of the second game just couldn't do. Plus the conversations between various squadmates were amusing. I also missed the Mako. The Hammerhead was all right, but I bet it would catch on fire if a Thresher Maw so much as looked at it funny.
  • BladedFalcon - February 29, 2012 10:51 p.m.

The problem with elevator rides were that squadmate conversations weren't that frequent to begin with, and the one elevator you had to ride in the ship you were ALWAYS alone. That being said, like i mentioned in my post, i feel that loading times in ME2 were just as bad. I want to be able to traverse trough my ship without hitches, whether that be elevators or annoying load times. Hell at least, load times should allow you to navigate trough your codex.... Hey, actually, that would be a fucking good idea, I think.
  • NanoElite666 - March 1, 2012 10:20 p.m.

Well like I said, I never had any unbearably long elevator rides so it never bothered me. Just curious, which version did you play? Being able to read the codex during loading spots does sound like a good idea. So long as it doesn't boot you out when it finishes loading and you're in the middle of a paragraph of something.
  • BladedFalcon - March 2, 2012 4:35 a.m.

The 360 version, so yeah I had longer times, no doubt XD Just wanted to pointed out that even with faster elevator rides, most of them didn't really have squad convos. And yeah, I think it'd be easy to implement, and all they would need to do is add a loading progress bar at the bottom, and jsut let you know when it was ready so you can log out at any time.
  • kingsmikefan - February 29, 2012 10:18 p.m.

That was a great article. I disagree about the space racism bit. Eventually, Ashley changes. I finally conviinced her that humans need help and that aliens are ok, and she agreed. So I railed her.
  • Cenobite85 - February 29, 2012 9:37 p.m.

Oh space racism...I hated ashley and sent her to die. Every time I tried to talk to her she went on about how she didn't trust aliens which was funny because I always had Wrex and Garrus. Seeing her new 'sexy' look in 3 made me angry because I didn't want to think about her ever again.
  • CrashmanX - February 29, 2012 9:23 p.m.

I'm playing ME1 right now actually, first time playing. I gotta agree with most of these things. I can 100% agree with the Mako, it's fun as hell.
  • GhostNappa2k10 - February 29, 2012 9:27 p.m.

You like the Mako?! I dreaded every moment where I had to use it O.o
  • CrashmanX - February 29, 2012 9:31 p.m.

YES. I love the thing. It feels like a very bubbly tank. Granted the terrain isn't always the best. It's a very fun vehicle.
  • GhostNappa2k10 - February 29, 2012 9:35 p.m.

I hated the handling of it >.<
  • CrashmanX - February 29, 2012 9:38 p.m.

PC or Xbox? Because on the PC the thing seems to handle pretty good. With a few tweaks it'd handle wonderfully.
  • GhostNappa2k10 - March 3, 2012 7:44 a.m.

No, XBOX. It was probably tweaked on PC to make it handle better. On the XBOX version, it was very sluggish to drive :S
  • ChiChiRocket - February 29, 2012 11:01 p.m.

The "Take Earth Back" trailer makes me hope that the Mako will make a reappearance in some capacity.
  • TwinHallow - February 29, 2012 9:19 p.m.

I disagree with all the stuff you wouldnt mind having back and agreed with all the stuff you wanted to keep out
  • BudaBaker - February 29, 2012 8:48 p.m.

i actually played ME1 after ME2 so all the little differences really bugged me. I really hated the Mako.
  • TwinHallow - February 29, 2012 9:21 p.m.

Same here i was woundering why do I have to drive and kill geth in this stupid car. and i hated the massive inventory