Topics

funny humor

We Recommend

• Datadog - July 31, 2013 10:05 a.m.

It must have been hard not sticking every Tim Schafer game on this list. Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Brutal Legend, Grim Fandango are all easy contenders. Then you've got any Sam & Max game. And for some non-adventure choices, I'd have to go with Earthworm Jim, Conker's Bad Fur Day, and (as an out-of-left-field choice), the "Citadel" DLC for Mass Effect 3.
  • db1331 - July 31, 2013 8:56 a.m.

Psychonauts genuinely cracked me up. There were tons of great moments, but probably the best for me was upon entering a house in the milkman level and seeing an agent in the kitchen disguised as a housewife. I start smashing stuff in the house for goodies and I hear, "Over time my husband will desire me less sexually, but he will always want my pies." Also, Monkey Island as someone already said. Playing that game over and over as a kid pretty much shaped my entire sense of humor.
  • wittynickname - July 31, 2013 8:53 a.m.

Barkley: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden. Maybe the funniest game I've played. I tried to recommend it to a friend, and my brief descriptions couldn't help but sound like the insane ravings of a madman. It is fried gold.
  • Pruman - July 31, 2013 8:20 a.m.

I'd add Giants: Citizen Kabuto to that list. It's rare when a game can make me LOL, and Giants did it for almost its entire 10-15 hour play time. Pretty much everything the Smarties do or say is hysterical.
  • yonderTheGreat - July 31, 2013 7:34 a.m.

Bard's Tale! (inXile)
  • mafyooz - July 31, 2013 4:39 a.m.

The humour's about as lowbrow as it gets, but Bulletstorm cracks me up :)
  • jason-t-ayresa - July 31, 2013 4:37 a.m.

Yes Armed and Dangerous, probably the funniest game I have played to date.
  • PatHan-bHai - July 31, 2013 4:28 a.m.

Saints Row 3? Funny? Somebody get this guy some Frasier.
  • Slayer11496 - July 31, 2013 2:47 a.m.

No Brutal Legend?
  • SDHoneymonster - July 31, 2013 2:21 a.m.

Monkey Island, Fallout and Fable are always good for a few laughs, and you also forgot the funniest thing about GTAIV - the ragdoll physics as you push people down stairs...
  • AshLynx - July 30, 2013 10:35 p.m.

I would've also had Bully (PS2, 360, Wii) on that list for sure. In real life, I might not be a fan of the preps, but I was always excited for their missions in this game because every one of them would have hilarious dialogue. All the cliques were funny, but I think preps were the best. Magi Nation (GBC) is probably the funniest gameboy game I played, had some pretty awesome writing in it. And a strange tendency to make wrestling jokes. Monkey Island or insert other LucasArts game here. Practically self explanatory. Ape Escape 3 is one I enjoyed a lot, some rather surreal humor everywhere. Since all the levels were based on movie sets, it resulted in a Superman monkey (who bursts out of a phone booth), Rose and Jack monkeys (on a titanic), and a Jason Vorhees monkey among many others. The villain also thought having a giant afro wig was a great idea (only Miror B can hope to match his 'fro), if you picked the girl, she essentially has a pop-star battle with Monkey Pink (and some monkeys are her fans and let you get a free catch), it has all these little things that made the game hilarious for me.
  • Plaim - July 31, 2013 4:46 a.m.

+1 for Bully! Gary alone is endlessly entertaining.
  • Nintygameplayerperson - July 30, 2013 9:23 p.m.

Fallout is pretty funny.
  • Swedish_Chef - July 30, 2013 9:07 p.m.

You can pretty much put every game made by Tim Schafer and Suda 51 on this list.
  • WrathLord03 - July 30, 2013 8:27 p.m.

I think a lot of the LEGO games are legitimately funny. They're not amazingly funny, but they are legitimately funny. And I recently played Driver: San Francisco, and boy, was the first half of that damn fine comedy. Speaking of fine comedy in first halves, Bulletstorm's on my list as well.
  • PReNDeL21 - July 30, 2013 7:27 p.m.

Shadows Of The Damned and House Of The Dead: Overkill
  • spencerm - July 30, 2013 7:09 p.m.

no ratchet and clank?!
  • Evanesco - July 30, 2013 6:35 p.m.

I hate Brucie. I wanted to punch him in the throat.
  • LordzOfChaos - July 30, 2013 6:35 p.m.

HA! The top three are some of my favorite games ever. Thank you Gamesradar, thank you.
  • pl4y4h - July 30, 2013 6:16 p.m.

Pretty good list. Let me see... Mother 3 was pretty funny and the slide with Bowsers Inside Story should just have all of the mario rpgs because they each find a way to be incredibly humorous. Monday Night Combat is also pretty funny at times though i haven't played the sequel yet, but hey it's got bacon like Psychonauts so i'm sure it's fine.