We Recommend

• MetroidPrimeRib - April 30, 2012 3:28 p.m.

Fez? Seriously? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Ifue2xGFY
  • BladedFalcon - April 30, 2012 5:23 p.m.

Yeah, because the opinion of someone with the name Rockcock64 in a feature called "The best gamers" (very humble, inspires confidence with no doubt all the credentials they must have to back it up *rolls eyes*) is doubtlessly law, and proof that whatever they say, is. *Rolls eyes again*
  • MetroidPrimeRib - April 30, 2012 5:35 p.m.

Did you even watch the video? He gave valid reasons for why the game is bad and has no depth.
  • Redeater - April 30, 2012 8:15 p.m.

Meh. I watched the whole thing and it seems to me like he went out of his way to crap all over this game. I have no intention of buying it anytime soon (maybe not at all) but I think Fez is one of those games where the concept looks easy enough but the actual creation of it would be a pain in the ass. Did you ever watch that brilliant video about how the camera worked for Super Mario World? I played that game over and over again and never once gave it a single thought. Point is, I dislike fighters these days but just because I could say that fighting games are just bland button mashing fests doesn't make it true.
  • Redeater - April 30, 2012 8:18 p.m.

Bah! I got it. Fez is XBLA and not on PSN. MetroidPrimeRib is well known for his inexplicable hatred for Microsoft. Well played sir. You trolled us good.
  • The_King_of_Nothing - April 30, 2012 6:31 p.m.

Watched and agreed. It looks boring and without any challenge, which is idiotic. Seriously? 5 years? What a waste. The reviewer did get too preachy and annoying at the end though.
  • Bitchslapthehomeless - April 30, 2012 3:22 p.m.

No Witcher 2? I know it's just a port, but still... it's one of the best RPG's ever.
  • Redeater - April 30, 2012 3:56 p.m.

Damn was that this month? Ok I know for a fact that the Witcher 2 is better than Walking Dead. I enjoyed Walking dead but it isn't finished yet and Witcher 2 is one of my favorite RPGs in years.
  • IcePotato - April 30, 2012 2:45 p.m.

So where are the real games?
  • Marteo Broter - April 30, 2012 2:56 p.m.

Are you implying these games are fake?
  • slimjim441 - April 30, 2012 2:56 p.m.

First off, these are real games. Don't be hatin just because it's not your idea of an optimal gaming experience (see, I didn't even call you a CoD/Halo fuck). Secondly, did you see this month's line-up? Besides these two, what else was there? Prototype 2? Please. Both of these games were really fun; I'd honestly put Walking Dead on top, but that's just me.
  • BurntToShreds - May 2, 2012 6:57 a.m.

Fez has very little of what makes a real game, though. It has platforming, a special ability, and objects to collect, but that's it. There is little penalty for lacking in skill, which is something that real old-school games had. You know, the ones that these indie games are inspired by. Also, there was a flash game made with this exact same world-rotation concept that actually had more game-play concepts, such as enemies and penalties for dying. It was released for free and did not take five years to make.
  • slimjim441 - May 2, 2012 12:56 p.m.

I'll give you the 'flash game' points, but you can't say that little penalty for failure doesn't make it a game. By that logic, a lot of amazing games like Kirby's Epic Yarn and Myst aren't 'real games.'
  • lemur - April 30, 2012 2:30 p.m.

I haven't played Fez so I'm being bias here, but the walking dead is my game of the month. I'm not sure on how it adapts to the comic or show (never read or seen it) but that game crammed more emotion in 3 hours then most do in the entire game. And right now I'm real iffy about [PROTOTYPE2]. It improved from the first game in every way but something about puts me off. I think it's the over dull looking setting and lack of color.
  • Salazans - April 30, 2012 1:41 p.m.

I love Fez (Great Fun), but the developer? He can go go F**K himself
  • BladedFalcon - April 30, 2012 1:36 p.m.

Congrats to FEZ! And well, I would have put Skullgirls as a runner-up, at least...
  • TheMcFinder - April 30, 2012 4:42 p.m.

i feel your pain, haha.
  • Redeater - April 30, 2012 1:09 p.m.

I almost would have given it to Prototype 2. A game I really disliked until I finished it a second time on hard. Playing free roam with all your powers built up is a complete blast. It's nice to see Telltale finally have a bit of success though.