We Recommend

• NightCrawler_358 - October 1, 2011 4:31 p.m.

I love Gears of War, maybe more than Resistance, but R3 at least improves on the series, and shows Resistacne in top form. Gears of War 3 isn't as good as 2, so its a bit of a let down in the series, so Resistance 3 is the better game this month. And really, everyone's opinion can't be the same. GR is entitled to their own, just like "PC elitists," "fanboys," or "hardcore gamers" are to their own.
  • EnragedTortoise1 - October 1, 2011 4:28 p.m.

A wild DIFFERING OPINION appeared! Go! COMMENT! What will RED do? FIGHT PKMN ITEM RUN FIGHT TROLL (5/5) RAGE (4/10) DISCUSS (20/25) APPROVE (13/20) COMMENT used RAGE! It's not very effective... Enemy DIFFERING OPINION used GOOD POINT! COMMENT fainted!
  • gilgamesh310 - October 1, 2011 3:38 p.m.

Sorry, I realise DX HR came out last month. My bad.
  • gilgamesh310 - October 1, 2011 3:36 p.m.

I think any game that doesn't feature regenerating health, cover shooting and 2 or 3 weapon limits automatically deserves to trump the game that has them. So yeah, GR made the right decision here. Although wh Deus Ex Human Revolution wasn't a runner up, or indeed the winner puzzles me.
  • Viklandian - October 1, 2011 4:11 p.m.

It was released in August - and won that month, now that you mention it. This month was all about the fanboys.
  • db1331 - October 1, 2011 9:59 a.m.

Yup, it was a horrible month for games. LOL @ people arguing over these two titles. It reminds me of the South Park episode where the kids had to choose between a turd sandwich and a giant douche for the school mascot.
  • bass88 - October 1, 2011 10:11 a.m.

Out of curiosity, what games do you like? Not trying to start anything, just curious.
  • avantguardian - October 1, 2011 11:40 a.m.

don't even encourage him dude. all your gonna get back is pc elitest bullsh*t. has he played either game? of course not. but he's put over 500 hrs into black ops, so that obviously makes him the guru of everything shooter related. douche indeed.
  • db1331 - October 1, 2011 3:11 p.m.

Any console FPS is trash. Same goes for any game with brown or gray space marines shooting brown or gray aliens from behind brown or gray cover. I like all kinds of games. I finally got around to beating GTA IV a few hours ago (not as good as San Andreas, but OK overall), I made some serious headway in Demon's Souls this morning, also killed a couple more Colossi in the SotC HD remake. Right now I'm looking at my list of around 70 Steam games deciding what I feel like playing for a bit before going out to dinner. It could be Jade Empire, Darksiders, or maybe even my Dead Space nightmare run. Contrary to what a lot of kids on this site think, I love all types of games on all types of platforms. But when I don't have something nice to say about an over-comercialized, hollow piece of garbage like Gears 3, people get all butthurt and call me a PC elitist.
  • avantguardian - October 1, 2011 4:03 p.m.

that's what's so hilarious! NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT GEARS 3. you only THINK they do. it just cracks me up. also, i don't have either game, but i also have no need to just mindlessy troll them. and wow shamelessly trying to list off your gamer cred really is a new low! (i realize dude asked you a question, but it reads like a generic "all games that are hardcore approved" list. notice no black ops...) and i believe YOU were the first person that i ever read refer to YOURSELF as a pc elitest. you've also said it many, many times. oh, and just a notice to anyone who enjoyed goldeneye/perfect dark, medal of honor, timesplitters, halo, metroid prime, etc. sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but those games are trash. db1331 said so.
  • db1331 - October 1, 2011 7:32 p.m.

I haven't played Ops in weeks because it's stale, especially with the BF3 beta out. That's why I didn't mention it. It's not even that good a game to be honest. The single player campaign was pretty bad. The multiplayer was a nice change from BC2. And you think I'm listing off hardcore titles to sound cool? Look me up on PSN and check out the Demon's Souls trophies I got this morning. I'll give you my crappy GFWL info if you want to verify that I beat GTA IV today too. Come at me bro.
  • avantguardian - October 2, 2011 3:31 a.m.

come at me bro? is that some east coast bullsh*t or something? and stale after 500 hours?! in a game that's "not even that good"! GTFO! back on topic; you seem to misunderstand. i don't care what you think or do. i just hate your trolling, and i love GR. it's the only sight i frequent, let alone comment on. i would say your man-child-anonymous-internet-antagonist-sociopathy-oozing schtick isn't necessary or welcome, but alas, the cosmos and its inherent sense of balance won't let me. that doesn't mean i won't call you out on your sh*t from time to time. oh, and p.s.: looking you up on psn or anywhere else rates just below stabbing myself repeatedly in the eye with a spork while listening to ani difranco cover jack johnson on repeat;)
  • dillman502 - October 2, 2011 6:42 a.m.

WHERES THE LIKE BUTTON?
  • jennyleezy - October 2, 2011 8:10 a.m.

heyyyy, calm down! (both of you) funny how people can get so worked up over games. find your favs and enjoy them. that's what matters! not trying to preach what you believe is best/worst and rebuking anyone who disagrees ._.
  • avantguardian - October 2, 2011 2:14 p.m.

it's not about games for me. i hope that would be clear in my posts. i do, however, respect your attempts to diplomatically soothe the situation.
  • db1331 - October 2, 2011 8:33 a.m.

What's it like to be so full of impotent rage? For someone who claims not to care about me, why have you memorized comments I made a week or so ago? That's pretty pathetic. Also, just how much do you think I care about what YOU think?
  • Teaspoon - October 2, 2011 12:49 p.m.

@avantguardian I went through the process of resetting my password just to say that I think that you are a complete dickwad for picking on this 'db1331' guy. Someone asked him what kind of games he liked and he answered -- and although he did it in a rather arrogant manner, bashed R3 and Gears 3 in his OP and uses petty 'check my trophies on PSN' crap to argue -- I don't see what he said to you, other than his own opinions, to get you to target him with your angry rage cake. Do you know what the comments are for? They are for opinions. Take in other people's opinions, and they will take in yours. Trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls. That is all.
  • avantguardian - October 2, 2011 2:25 p.m.

lol, @picking on db1331. you must not frequent this sight. yes the comments are for sharing opinions, ideas, etc. db1331 constantly uses them to belittle others choices in games, platform etc. believe me, it took months for me to say anything to him in the first place. i don't think you understand the breadth of what's going on here. its not about R3 or GoW3. it's about people using the internet to fulfill their dickish cool guy fantasies. just go back his original post. what was even the purpose of that? to stir the pot, that is all. its not constructive, its just trolling, and frankly, i've had enough. if he keeps doing it, i'll keep calling him on it. if he stops, well, then my beef disappears with him. why you feel the need to try and defend his nonsense is beyond me (other than maybe seeing how terrible he is at defending himself), but hey, to each their own. but if you think i'm just trolling this kid, well...
  • gmcb2011 - October 3, 2011 1:13 a.m.

Hey, I agree with you. I can never browse the comments with out seeing db1331 saying something aggravating. I've almost called him out a couple of times, but it won't get anywhere. Well, nowhere good.
  • db1331 - October 3, 2011 6:19 a.m.

What is there to defend myself from? Some kid nerd-raging at two sentences I posted on the internet? I guess I had better stop posting, I don't want you to have beef with me. If I think something sucks, I'll say it sucks. I don't care whose feelings I hurt. @Teaspoon I could not care less about my PSN trophies. I have never actively pursued a trophy or achievement, and never will. Someone asked me what games I liked, so I told him three games I was currently playing. Then some angry kid said I just named them to sound hardcore, so I told him he could look it up if he didn't believe me. Then, in true angry kid fashion, he just stuck his fingers in his ears and screamed louder.