We Recommend

• thombilous - December 24, 2012 10:31 a.m.

My greatest video game shame revolves around Mortal Kombat. I was never allowed violent video games, and they don't come much more violent than Mortal Kombat on the ol' Sega Genesis. I had been desperate to play it for a VERY long time, the hype only making the whole situation worse. As with most younger kids, I knew an older kid from school (who also happened to be the son of one of my parents coworkers) who's folks had no qualms buying violent games (or possibly they just didn't care). On New Years Eve, rather crucially a Saturday Night, Mark came over with two of my other friends, bringing Mortal Kombat over. We played it all night. ALL NIGHT. I don't even think I played it, I just watched Mark. He got to Goro after about 4 hours. It was along struggle. We barely acknowledged the new year, so desperate were we to save earth from the otherrealm (or whatever), and we didn't sleep. Not so shameful? Well, as I said, it was a Saturday. Meaning the following day was Sunday. My devoutly religious mother dragged us all to Church, where my friends mothers would be collecting them and we'd be going our separate ways. I was an early night child, and I certainly hadn't pulled an all-nighter of this magnitude. I fell asleep. Several times. Standing up. Until I collapsed, bodily, in front of the whole Church. I'm pretty sure they all still remember.
  • Vulneratus - December 23, 2012 11:36 a.m.

A few years ago when I was still living at home I flew into a rage while attempting a puzzle in Bioshock... The controller flew into the TV and cracked the screen... I then blamed the dog... (To this day my family still think the dog did it) I've also stayed up for about 28-30 hours straight playing Fallout 3 and getting stoned... ... And I'm from the Playstation generation so I was a teenager when the tomb raider games came out... I'm not going any further into that, draw your own conclusions...
  • 7-D - December 22, 2012 4:43 p.m.

i never completed ocarina or time
  • 7-D - December 22, 2012 4:46 p.m.

oh, and i stole 7000 Wii-U consoles from a warehouse in Seattle. (just kidding, just kidding)
  • Confessions - December 22, 2012 11:14 a.m.

I have, since May 23rd, 2003 I have had a crush on Heather (trying not to spoil anything for other people) from Silent Hill 3. I even had to make another GR account to say this because my girlfriend would kill me if she somehow found this. Heather is my background on my computer when my girlfriend isn't around, but I change it to her when she comes over. I can also get legitemately upset when people mention that Heather (or her other self) may have been raped.
  • Confessions - December 22, 2012 11:22 a.m.

Got that off of my chest... Lets just hope it doesn't come back to haunt me later. Also legitimately*
  • nintendo365 - December 22, 2012 2:13 a.m.

-I consider myself a die hard Zelda Fan but I have never played Skyward Sword or Twilight princess, with the exception of a Skyward Sword boss battle demo in Best Buy, where the controls were confusing and I rage quit -Ive played every main Pokemon title since Blue with the exception of Crystal but I dont know what EV training is. -Im still solidly convinced that MapleStory is the best MMO out there, even though I like WoW and Diablo 3. I feel like shit now....-_-
  • RagingRaven - December 21, 2012 8:40 p.m.

I develop crushes on certain female characters in some RPGs.
  • Doctor_MG - December 21, 2012 10:21 a.m.

-When I was fifteen my friend brought his Gamecube and copy of Resident Evil 4 over to my house. I neglected to tell him how deathly afraid of video games I was as a child (I wasn't able to beat the first level of Donkey Kong 64 until I was 13, I received an N64 with a copy of Donkey Kong 64 when I was 5). Anyway, when I went into the first house I immediately killed the first Ganados and hastily followed my friends instructions to go upstairs. Once up stairs he told me to knife the window then take aim and start shooting the three Ganados outside. Well, I pressed the wrong button and ended up jumping out the window. Unsure of what to do I asked (read: yelled) at my friend "What do I do?" to which he calmly replied "You run.". Hearing this I immediately hit pause, threw the controller down, and ran into the bathroom. -I have a very bad temper. Once when I was playing Super Smash Bros. Melee I tried to show a friend how great I was with Mario, so I took the challenge: three level nine Bowser's versus my single Mario, timed at 5:00, on Battlefield, no items. After 2:00 of getting my ass kicked my anger started to rise. After 3:00 my exclamations went from "oh that's no fair this game is cheating." to "F**k this game! I SUCK D*CK, I SUCK D*CK! WHY DO I SUCK SO MUCH D*CK?". It has been four years and he has still to let me live that down.
  • MolokoVeck - December 21, 2012 9:15 a.m.

Gotta get these off my chest before the end cometh: - The first time I played one of the Legacy of Kain games, it was either Soul Reaver 2 or Blood Omen 2, I was so stoned that I could not make it through the tutorial as my friend laughed on in disbelief. - I judge the CoD franchise negatively even though I have never played a single Call of Duty game (and I think a lot of people are guilty of this). - I still think Ultima Online is the best MMORPG, and I sometimes revisit the free Second Age servers. - I attended a wedding in Ultima Online, and while there I poisoned some of the food and drink. - After having a Wii for some time my mother visited and she beat me in Wii Sports bowling her first time ever playing. It was the first game since Tetris in which she had bested me. - My friends and I constructed a giant cardboard divider and taped it to the television so that we could play 4 player split-screen Goldeneye without seeing each others' locations. - I spent 6 hours fighting the optional boss Culex in Super Mario RPG because my party was not at an appropriate level when I first found him and I was too stubborn to quite and fight him later. - Even though the Final Fantasy series is one of my favorite of all time, I have never played FF X or FF X-2 because I could not tolerate the terrible voice acting. Seriously, I turned off FF X about two minutes after hearing Tidus speak and I never looked back.
  • nintendo365 - December 22, 2012 2:08 a.m.

You should only feel bad about missing X. X-2 was garbage that tried to market itself to females and kind of forgot that guys like FF too. It sucked.
  • BaraChat - December 21, 2012 8:52 a.m.

- I've never liked GTA games. - I tried only two Final Fantasy games. FF XIII last year for 30 minutes and FF III this year for 2 hours. Still can't see what the hype is all about. - I broke two controllers (physically, but they still work fine) while trying to complete a challenge in Gran Turismo 5. I even threw one of them in a door and it made a hole in it. - Those giant bugs (novistador?) you meet in the Castle in Resident Evil 4 still freak the hell out of me. - I still haven't finished Skyward Sword even as I gave it GoTY on my personal gaming blog for 2011. - Even if played it for dozens of hours, I've never finished Super Mario Sunshine - When I'm too good at a game for my friends (like in sports), I play like crap (and don't tell them) so they can come back in the game and not stop playing with me. - Ocarina of Time is by far my favorite game of all-time. But once, when I was around 14, some parents in a game store asked me (I was not working there, I was simply looking around) which game I would recommend for N64 for their kid and I found myself recommending Super Mario 64 over OoT with solid arguments for SM64. Still very weird in my head more than a decade later.
  • Unoriginal - December 21, 2012 7:01 a.m.

I was jelous that my friends' Charizard was about to reach lvl 100 before my Blastoise so I told him Pokémon die when they reach max level. Didn't even say I was sorry until last year.
  • Manguy17 - December 21, 2012 6:52 a.m.

I do not know how this tale will end, but I lost a bet and am now condemmed to 148 hours of deadly premonition before the new year, im am currently at 26 hours
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - December 21, 2012 8:49 a.m.

This is my favorite.
  • winner2 - December 21, 2012 9:42 a.m.

Woah, what were you betting on for stakes like that?
  • Leemundo - December 21, 2012 5:05 a.m.

- My brother beat me on PES06 so bad that I flew in a rage and smashed the controller into the floor screaming "funny now is it?!?" - On playing COD2 on veteran and being spammed with grenades I punched a hole in the top of my TV and told my Dad "I knocked the vase off the shelf and it landed on the TV". - The saying "having a game-a-thon, or 'thon' it is now called in my house" is derived from my stat in GTAIV from longest single play session of 16hrs 12minutes. - I have regularly booked two weeks off work for games such as Oblivion, Skyrim, Saints Row 3, MW2 and most recently Hitman. Every time I book time off now my boss asks me 'which game it is this time?'. - I have turned down 'sexy time' with my gf because I wanted to finish Horde Mode with my friends on GOW2. She has never forgotten this. - My name is Lee, and I, am a Gameaholic :)
  • Baz - December 21, 2012 3:04 a.m.

when i played doom 3 for the original xbox I played through the opening section around 20 times. this was because I was too scared to face the first zombie. I must make it clear that I wasn't yet 18 in fact I was far from it. however I still won't play that game because of the memory of my fear. Despite this I happily played through dead space 1 and 2 without too much trouble. I also think i am addicted to buying videogames. not actually playing them to completion but buying them. since I started university in september and recieved my student loans i have bought every new release and haven't got around to playing over half of them to completion. and my computers hard drive is full of games that i bought off steam and am teling myself i wil play at some point in the near future.
  • ParagonT - December 21, 2012 7:03 a.m.

Dude, either you have most of university paid for, or you are digging yourself into debt. I would totally say you have a problem, but I won't judge lol.