We Recommend

• TheFabricOfTime - December 10, 2011 4:36 p.m.

LittleBigPlanet 2 is on the top of my list. Why? I keep coming back to it, again and again, to create cool contraptions and make neat levels as well as play some awesome creations by others. The DLC is also pretty badass, mainly pointing out the Move Pack. Move controls at their finest. My runner-up is Portal 2. I loved it, and it was a very fun game. I still find myself humming 'Exile Vilify' from the 2nd Ratman den. One of the best games I've ever played... only problem is, if I think about it too much, it's pretty damn creepy. All other human bodies are either dead or missing. All the robots are psychos. Radios still work in the underground depths of a huge factory. There are cave-like paintings on the walls that you can't help but notice, some being paintings of Chell with creepy eyes. Seriously, HOLY SHIT! It might have made the top of my list, but it still scares the hell out of me. Valve, Half Life 3 is probably going to be worth the wait, especially if it has even more depth than Portal 2.
  • Octaviux - December 10, 2011 4:21 p.m.

Skyrim GOTY Not since Fallout 3 has there been so much awesome on one DVD in the universe
  • Ridgley - December 10, 2011 3:45 p.m.

Mike Grimm FTW
  • firelegendmush - December 10, 2011 3:14 p.m.

(Not factoring in Skyward Sword as I haven't played it yet) I'd probably say for me: GotY: Skyrim 2nd: Dark Souls 3nd: Assassin's Creed: Revelations
  • Sinosaur - December 10, 2011 2:46 p.m.

I really, really wish that Saints Row the Third was my Game of the Year, but there are so many little things about it that took away from it. Mini-games being used in place of story missions was hugely disappointing, and after Saints Row 2, where you pretty much got four different, fun stories, the quickness with which SR3's finished up was noticable. Now, the missions that were actually missions were awesome and it was a ton of fun, but I just kept noticing things that weren't there. Real GotY? I'm torn between Portal 2 and Arkham City. Both had stories that drew me in and made me want to find out what was going to happen next. Portal 2 was very focused, though, and told a great story in a package with no extraneous material. Arkham City gave me an excellent story that made me feel just as awesome as Batman while exploring some of his key relationships. It had a lot of extra, fun stuff to do that unlocked more cool, little stories and some sweet art. If I was forced to choose, I might honestly lean a bit more toward Portal 2.
  • talleyXIV - December 10, 2011 2:45 p.m.

Skyrim or Skyward Sword. I actually started laughing when that guy said Halo: Anniversary Edition. I also said what the hell at The Sims 3: Pets and then realized it was written by Buttercup so I laughed.
  • talleyXIV - December 10, 2011 2:46 p.m.

Oh I meant Portal 2, Skyrim, or Skyward Sword. And I haven't gotten to Arkham City yet, but I am sure that will be a contestant.
  • ChaosEternal - December 10, 2011 2:26 p.m.

I'm surprised none of you guys chose Deus Ex: HR. Personally it is now my favorite game of all time.
  • chriszewski - December 10, 2011 2:17 p.m.

WTF Grimm?! Just because the 12 year old in you likes Halo it made you forget about DE:HR?! Just wait till your father gets home mister! And thank you David H. for remembering the other February gem of this year. Well done indeed, sir.
  • Redeater - December 10, 2011 2:09 p.m.

I'm going to be the black sheep and say Bulletstorm. I don't think it is the best but it breaks my heart that there won't be a sequel.
  • PleasantPig - December 10, 2011 1:36 p.m.

1. Rayman Origins 2. inFamous 2 3. Beat Hazard Ultra 4. Outland 5. The Fancy Pants Adventures. And what.
  • talleyXIV - December 10, 2011 2:45 p.m.

That is an awful list except for Rayman Origins. And Infamous 2 was alright I guess.
  • MrWrighty987 - December 10, 2011 1:25 p.m.

It's been a great year for gaming, so many top tier titles but my games of the year are Deus Ex HR, Dark Souls, and Skyrim.
  • LuketheJuke24 - December 10, 2011 1:23 p.m.

No Dark Souls? I am disappoint.
  • Ultimadrago - December 10, 2011 1:18 p.m.

1. Skyrim 2. Portal 2 3. Batman: Arkham City 4. Shadows of the Damned 5. Saints Row: The Third I haven't played Skyward yet, I can see it stealing my current 4th place perhaps.
  • D0CCON - December 10, 2011 1:07 p.m.

I'll join in too 1) Skyrim 2) Portal 2 3) Arkham City 4) Super Mario 3D Land 5) Pokemon White Also, I haven't been able to play Saints Row, Halo, Forza, Gears 3, Mario Kart 7, or Killzone 3 yet, so it's possible that once I do, the list could change.
  • RadicalVoodoo - December 10, 2011 12:39 p.m.

Henry Gilbert just became my favorite person at GR. Thank you sir for acknowledging the awesomeness that is Shadows of the Damned.
  • MrDuracraft - December 10, 2011 12:23 p.m.

Top 5 in order: 1. Portal 2 2. Skyward Sword 3. Bulletstorm 4. Mario 3D Land 5. Pokemon Black (Human Revolution is a close 6th)
  • Felixthecat - December 10, 2011 12:20 p.m.

My top 3 out of the few games I have bought this year are (no particular order): 1. Deus Ex: Human Revolution 2. Skyrim 3. Pokemon White Human Revolution is one of few games where I have found complete joy in playing more than once. I love near enough everything about it. I've had a few frustrating moments with Skyrim, but the attention to detail and the world overall is one of the best I've come across in any video game. It's a wonderful game. Pokemon White is Pokemon. That is all. Pokemon is my second favourite franchise and even though I have less playtime on it than Diamond, I still love it just as I do any other Pokemon game.
  • gondarpwns - December 10, 2011 11:46 a.m.

why no love for Gears of War 3 man? Game was amazing even if some people didnt feel the story was epic enough, it is still a great game