We Recommend

• mirthor - December 20, 2008 10:02 p.m.

i love you guys! i cant get enough of the praise you give to overlooked yet amazing games. most mags and sites go only with the mainstream. now i just wish people would listen to you and play those good damn games! cmon readers play valkyria chronicles!
  • jar-head - December 20, 2008 7:51 p.m.

great list GR, now it's up to the Users to pick their favorite GR writer...forums...
  • ChaoticInfinityX - December 20, 2008 7:26 p.m.

Good list... I hate that I have a few of these games, but haven't had the chance to complete them yet. Too many in my queue... just not enough time for them all yet.
  • fdman - December 20, 2008 7:13 p.m.

I just could not get into fallout 3. It felt like was answering a bunch of multiple choice questions one after the other. Maybe I gave up too soon. Dead Space and Gears 2 was the highlight for me. Also, Dark Sector was a pleasant surprise.
  • Blinder - December 20, 2008 5:40 p.m.

Nice choice for game of the year. Fallout 3 is fantastic. Btw, that Left 4 Dead video is hilarious. Have you guys done a feature on the biggest pussies caught on video playing games? If not that would be great!
  • Kang 81 - December 20, 2008 3:49 p.m.

HotSht95 Yeah but even though I love Gears 1 & 2, it's just more of the same with some added functionality. Save for the whorde mode anyway, and don't even get me started on the train wreck that is multiplayer. They needed to fix a lot of things before ever putting out a new map pack!!
  • Kang 81 - December 20, 2008 3:43 p.m.

Nice job on the article GR!! It was a great read and I was gaining more and more anticipation as I clicke for each next page.
  • HotSht95 - December 20, 2008 3:20 p.m.

CorSair u rock
  • HotSht95 - December 20, 2008 3:18 p.m.

So like am the only one that thought fallout three or whatever the hell its called sucked I mean its combat system was HORRIBLE its graphics were fugly yet GoW had both these things
  • CAPST3R - December 20, 2008 2:10 p.m.

FALLOUT 3 AS GOTY?! YOU BASTARDS! THAT GAME DESERVES ONLY TO BE SPAT/SHAT ON! WHY! HAVE YOU EVEN PLAYED MGS4, GEARS OF WAR 2 OR RESISTANCE 2?! KISS MY ASS GR, I NO LONGER RESPECT, OR EVEN LIKE YOU. APART FROM THE NEWS, I'M NO LONGER GOING TO BE ON THIS SITE UNTIL YOU CHANGE THAT GOTY. FUCK. YOU.
  • DeadGirls - December 20, 2008 10:27 a.m.

Nice article. It puts IGN and gamespot's "Games of the Year" articles to shame. But what else can I expect, this site rocks, the others are trash. I agree with your picks, Fallout 3 or GTA 4 for GOTY easily. I liked the soundtrack in World of Goo.
  • KingofHearts - December 20, 2008 10:03 a.m.

"Yall used me like a pipe-bomb" "Yall used me like a pipe-bomb" !! CLASSIC!! Fall Out 3 GOTY is soo correct!
  • RonnyLive19881 - December 20, 2008 8:21 a.m.

Shoot if you have a Wii get Okami Too! I've played it for both and can't really pick the better one. But if you have either console, after getting Christmas money you need to go buy Okami for either system pronto! I prefer the Wii version a little...
  • Thecakeisalie - December 20, 2008 6:27 a.m.

Excellent choice for GOTY guys. Keep up the good work.
  • FriendlyFire - December 20, 2008 6:09 a.m.

I'm saddened not to see any separate section for RTS games, as Sins of a Solar Empire should get a LOT of praise for what it is in its entirety. I'm also surprised you haven't made a category about DRM :P
  • Defguru7777 - December 20, 2008 4:28 a.m.

As always, this is probably you best article of the year. Great job!
  • EKMeade - December 20, 2008 3:58 a.m.

I kept my ps2 around to play Yakuza 2, the series is like top 3 for me
  • Corsair89 - December 20, 2008 3:22 a.m.

Screw, Fallout 3 and GTA IV. Gears 2, Left 4 Dead, and Rock Band 2 are far better and more fun.
  • bioshocker - December 20, 2008 2:31 a.m.

sorry keyboard,acts up sometimes.
  • Wave360 - December 19, 2008 11:29 p.m.

Yay, Fallout for the win!!!!