We Recommend

• Redeater - May 24, 2012 1:13 p.m.

Almost every one of these are an improvement. While I loved the original Bioshock I still say the second one was the better game. I shudder at the mere mention of Core. I loved TR1 &2 but that company went to shit fast!
  • MetroidPrimeRib - May 24, 2012 1:09 p.m.

Oh God Other M was such a piece of dogshit.
  • BladedFalcon - May 24, 2012 2:02 p.m.

Yeah... While I've never played, most people I know that have tend to have very unflattering things to say about it.
  • shawksta - May 24, 2012 3:10 p.m.

The funny thing is, all the criticism is beyond the actual game, or rather, beyond the gameplay. The gameplay itself was fantastic mixing 3rd person and 1st person, the only problem with it was how you cant move while in 1st person, but thats part of the gameplay. Otherwise, the Boss Battles and overall factor of the game was solid. All the Criticism came from the fact that Team Ninja made Samus less of a Strong Representative Women and more of the cliche weak women. However, if you look at the whole timeline a different way, it makes sense but still, it caused an outrage to Metroid Fans and Women in general.
  • BladedFalcon - May 24, 2012 3:21 p.m.

Nope. Actually, a friend hated the game because it was a crappy game overall. The 3rd person sections had terrible camera, and the combat wasn't that polished, specially compared to other 3rd person action games. And the boss battles, specially the last one was obtuse, and required you to use an ability they kept telling you to never use and the game never ever hinted that you had to do it. And well, face it man, there's a plenty of games that have stupid, or offensive stereotypes in their story or characters, but if the game-play or game itself were truly great, then they were still liked overall. (As is the case with pretty much any Platinum game.) But the fact is, people unanimously consider Other M as the black spot on the franchise. And that's probably because even if solid, the gameplay wasn't enough to elevate the game.
  • shawksta - May 24, 2012 5:03 p.m.

The gameplay mechanics were basically Metroid's 2D Roots onto a 3D plane. Im gonna have to respectfully disagree, this game has its own pace that you have to deal with once you feel how different it is and get the flow. I will agree somewhat to the camera, but its not all the time, its a one time movement on the linear spaces that can be easily handled, although tight on Open world stages but its not really a problem. I never finished the game because i kept having things more important in between so i cant say anything on the Final Boss, but the boss fights were varied nicely and gave action, that was praised on most reviews. Its hardly a Crappy game, but there were things that couldve been tweaked that could make it better, The Combat will feel good once you get the feel, otherwise the Directional Pad controls were Tight Accurate. This is hardly a game you can throw off so easily, it has its reasons to be, but you'll never know till you played it and let the game be itself than what you want it to be.
  • shawksta - May 24, 2012 5:14 p.m.

One more thing i REALLY urge you to take note. Classic Metroid Fans and Metroid Prime fans will think differently on this game, because they both will have their own different issue's and Expectations with the Prime fans being the most Highest expectations
  • LordEvan88 - May 24, 2012 7:05 p.m.

Speaking as a classic Metroid fan, its hard to have higher expectations when your base point is Super Metroid, one of the greatest games of all time. I have very high expectations and Other M faltered in every conceivable respect. I am pretty much with the majority on this and I did not much care for the Prime games.
  • BladedFalcon - May 24, 2012 6:50 p.m.

I find it amusing how you defend so hard a game that by your own admission, wasn't important enough to ever finish. Also, i never even said it was a terrible, or even a "bad" game, just that in comparison to the rest of the franchise, it falls short, and again, by your own admission, it does.
  • shawksta - May 25, 2012 10:47 a.m.

To be frankly honest, i dont think its top tier by any means. Is it pale compared to the rest of the franchise? Yes, could it use improvements? Yes, but its overral decent, Gamesradar's 7 pretty much sums it up. The game's fun and action-packed. My real concern about this game is that its spoken of in the wrong ways. I never assumed you thought of it a bad game, but there's too much unnessesary crap surrounding the game that it tends to throw off people's assumptions to easily throwing it off without even playing it.
  • Bionichute - May 24, 2012 4:45 p.m.

I t wasn't Team Ninja who made Samus a terrible character, it was Sakamoto, the guy who made the series. Other M was what he always wanted the metroid franchise to be. Also the controls did suck.
  • lilspooky - May 24, 2012 3:02 p.m.

Being a huge Metroid fan, I bought it day one. What was I thinking!!??
  • gopikmin - May 24, 2012 7:46 p.m.

No it wasn't. It was a great game aside from stupidities found in the story.