Topics

pet peeves

We Recommend

• SolidEye - March 4, 2013 1:08 a.m.

Open world games that are praised for their "living, breathing world", - being initially impressed by this world and then realise after exploring for 30 minutes that everyone is an exact clone of everyone else, doing the exact same things wherever in the world you go. Totally destroying any semblance of a "living breathing world".
  • lewis-barclay - March 3, 2013 10:19 p.m.

Wait wait wait.....I play Battlefield 3. I've been kicked out of games for using the stinger/igla......on CONQUEST......on a MAP THAT USES AIR VEHICLES.........WHEN AN ATTACK HELLICOPTER IS STALKING ME......when i'M ON the ground WALKING. Or bullshit server rules. Like no using flashlights or laser sights or stinger/iglas ON CONQUEST!!!!!! Wtf I paid money for this game JUST LIKE YOU DID.
  • lewis-barclay - March 3, 2013 10:13 p.m.

OMG the getting kicked for being too good or bad is the EXACT reason I stopped playing both left for dead games. I've been kicked for the dumbest crap in left for dead. You just joined a game......vote to kick you has started....wait....I HAVENT EVEN GOTTEN OUT OF THE SPAWN TIME screen. You had a higher score than everyone else..... vote to kick you has started. you had a few less points......vote to kick you has started....WTF!!!! Great game has been ruined by douiches.
  • brickman409 - March 3, 2013 9:26 p.m.

whenever you go to a friends house and their controllers are all greasy or half destroyed, that's the worst
  • ertywerty - March 5, 2013 5:31 p.m.

Agreed! Or when most of their games are in the wrong cases/missing/broken and you think to yourself "do they even give a sh*t about their stuff" and then they wonder why the games don't work after awhile... That's one of the reasons theres downloadable games instead.
  • haxxoromg - March 3, 2013 8:54 p.m.

omg thanks for droppin dat spoiler at the end gamesradar i just picked up da2 yesterday and im just halfway through act I. grrrrrr
  • shadeslayer77 - March 3, 2013 8 p.m.

One time I kept getting disconnected with this one guy in Soul Calibur V and he kept thinking I was quitting because he was Japanese...
  • rxb - March 3, 2013 2:59 p.m.

When you go to buy a game and find out it was delayed. [pre internet]
  • sweetchiliheat - March 3, 2013 11:46 a.m.

A lot of things on this list that tick me off. However, achievement spoilers aren't usually a problem, seeing as I usually know all the achievements from the beginning. A few of my own pet peeves: -Killing innocent NPCs in a sandbox/free roam game. Which pretty much every gamer imaginable does...jerks - Unskippable cutscenes. When I have to replay a level repeatedly (dying, grinding, etc.) I'd rather not watch a lengthy cutscene every. damn. time. - people who don't clean their controllers. Sharing is awesome, but grime/grease/sweat is not - excluding an entire genre/game series/console without even trying it or acknowledging it's benefits. - High rank based MP achievements...especially if said multiplayer isn't (or won't be) that good - horrid servers - a complex storyline with a pace that's too fast. This applies to other mediums, but games can't easily be rewound or re-read. - escort missions. 'Nuff said
  • Daniel Cowen - March 3, 2013 10:51 a.m.

Once got kicked out of an AC: Brotherhood match for being TOO STEALTHY. Needless to say, my pet peeve is games hosted by 12 year olds. Got a message from Microsoft asking me to cease my 'cheating' ways or have my account revoked after this kid had me banned from three separate matches after kicking his butt and then reporting me, only for me to have to counter-report and get HIM banned, after I forwarded them copies of the WONDERFUL messages he'd sent me. You can image the contents, I'm sure! Why can't we all just get along? *sigh*
  • cricket0 - March 3, 2013 10:08 a.m.

When your team cant win in an online muliplayer game because the opposing team has surrounded the spawn point
  • gadjo - March 3, 2013 7:36 p.m.

Yeah, when it comes to TF2, I'll usually keep playing when I'm losing, but not when I can't even leave the spawn room without an enormous gang of assholes blowing me to kingdom come. YOU'RE ALREADY WINNING, NOW YOU'RE JUST BEING A DICK! is my rallying cry in those situations.
  • ventanger - March 3, 2013 9:27 a.m.

When I get a game from Gamefly that's too scratched up to even play... Huh.
  • avantguardian - March 3, 2013 1:23 a.m.

in regards to #12, my 360 'reputation' has over 70% of people 'avoiding' me. i also sold my copy of bf3 after getting kicked off a server for the nth time when i was apparently doing too well (i'm not even good at it!). this happens even though i don't cheat/boost, don't use a mic(i've had people report me for being 'disruptive'..?) , do play objectives (fiercely), and NEVER use cheap/op shit like noobtubes or those godforsaken shottys in bo2. the butthurt flows strongly over xbox live.
  • ObliqueZombie - March 3, 2013 1:18 a.m.

"Alright, just gonna get their fla--ho HO! A challenger! Let's start this off right... wait, why. WHY are their bullets coming from my right flank?! UGH, and I almost had him! ... no, what are you doing? Quit, quit it! QUIT TEA-BAGGING ME YOU DON'T EVEN DESERVE TO OH MY GOD." My online day in a nutshell.
  • Elgyem - March 2, 2013 9:58 p.m.

Two come to mind: 1. Ragequitting opponents. You're about to win or have an advantage and you spontaniously see a communication error popup. The worst part is whe people can make it look like an accident so you get disconnected as well. 2. Not being able to save when convenient (I'm looking at you, Square Enix). I cannot tell you how many times this has happened to me, and how pissed I get each time.
  • gadjo - March 3, 2013 7:39 p.m.

Left 4 dead is just prime ragequitting territory. It seems to me I'm always either losing, or booted back to the lobby because the other team left.
  • garnsr - March 2, 2013 8:54 p.m.

Seeing who made the game the first time you load up is fine, but why do we need to see it all every single time? A black loading screen is less irritating than seeing the same thing over and over. I play with the camera inverted, but I need aiming not inverted, and rarely get the choice for separate 3rd/1st person controls. And if jump isn't on X or A, they rarely let you change it to the button that God ordered be the jump button, with your main attack on square.
  • Scoob - March 2, 2013 7:49 p.m.

I would have to go with cut scenes you can't skip. For me, it's mainly that I just don't have the time for it. I work in the boonies during the week with long hours, and only the weekend. Video games don't have the greatest of stories, nor can they have much variety due to the nature of the medium. Having to spend a decent chunk of time to watch a game instead of playing it annoys the hell out of me. In a related note, due to my fragmented play schedule, I don't care for games that don't feature some sort of journal feature or quest tracking of some sort. Such features help jog my memory on what is going on in the game I'm playing.
  • gadjo - March 3, 2013 7:43 p.m.

Yeah, one of my friends forced me to play MGS 3, and I spent from a quarter into the cutscene onward wondering when the hell these idiots were gonna stop waxing poetic and let me play. I see it as more of a problem with the game, though: the cutscenes shouldn't be so long/boring that you WANT to skip them in the first place.