We Recommend

• Sy87 - October 27, 2010 5:50 p.m.

Corridors suck you only got two was forward or back and the back way happens to trap you in the end.
  • postITgamer - October 27, 2010 5:24 p.m.

Great list! Take a look at my top 8 scariest moments I experienced in video games. http://postitgamer.wordpress.com/2010/10/26/top-8-scariest-moments-i-have-experiences-in-video-games/
  • VercettisShirt - October 27, 2010 5:01 p.m.

Why is there no mention of Silent Hill 3's red mist corridor?
  • Bawheidbob - October 27, 2010 4:50 p.m.

Final Fantasy VII when you are locked up in the Shinra Headquarters is a rather dodgy corridor after Sephiroth is finished with it.
  • bonerachieved - October 27, 2010 4:37 p.m.

Good Article Guys lets not forget Silent Hill 2 When pyramid Head is chasing you down. As slow and not scary as it was back then the first time you play it your mind goes "oh F*ck!oh F*ck!oh F*ck!oh F*ck!"
  • Yaro - October 27, 2010 4:08 p.m.

You guys should seriously play Demon's Souls...
  • db1331 - October 27, 2010 3:47 p.m.

@powerPC127 Agreed. There should have been a post entitled "Every Corridor in Eternal Darkness."
  • Rhymenocerous - October 27, 2010 3:38 p.m.

"Picture the scene. It’s 1996. You’re sitting in a horrendous tracksuit playing the hell out of Resi in a stupidly dark room. You’re happily ambling along a corridor having endured an hour or so of the worst dialogue ever written by mankind" Awwwwww yeahhhhhhhh...
  • powerpc127 - October 27, 2010 3:28 p.m.

I'm disappointed by the lack of Eternal Darkness' second floor of the mansion. You know, the one where the bust of some guy would look at you as you walked past and the walls would bleed and, when you were really losing it, the picture of a mountain in the front would turn into a picture of human skin being stretched out like a canvas in front of a river of blood. That one was scary.
  • centrip - October 27, 2010 2:14 p.m.

The window smashing dog wasn't at all scary for me, because for weeks before Resi 1 came out I was watching the promo video that came on a disc with OPM. The video showed the dog smashing through so when I got to that corridor in the game I though "Aye aye, I know what's coming..."
  • grizzly311 - October 27, 2010 2:10 p.m.

cool article. that resident evil corridor is still lodged in my memory. kinda like large marge.
  • EnragedTortoise1 - October 27, 2010 1:23 p.m.

Good thing I'm reading this in the morning... scary stuff.
  • mcasey92 - October 27, 2010 1:20 p.m.

how does condemned: criminal origins not make this list? Every single hallway in that game is terrifying when some smackhead comes at you with a 2x4
  • db1331 - October 27, 2010 1:10 p.m.

Good article. I had to skip over the Dead Space one since I am currently playing through it. Such a great game. It literally made me jump out of my seat and drop an F-bomb last night. I also mashed my keyboard in the process and turned on aim lock. I had to go into the options to see which button I pressed so I could switch it off.
  • Lujo - October 27, 2010 1:03 p.m.

Even though Silent Hill is already represented, this one should be there as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbvksc9iiKg It's not much, but that thing freaked the shit out of me...
  • Felixthecat - October 27, 2010 12:57 p.m.

I recall watching my brother play that mission in Manhunt very well. Manhunt was probably the scariest game I've ever refused to play.
  • jerbear725 - October 27, 2010 12:42 p.m.

Left out the sequences in Fallout 3 when exploring the vaults where ghosts randomly appear and/or you keep jumping backwards in time, etc... scared the crap out of me the first time.
  • OnyxOblivion - October 27, 2010 12:17 p.m.

Let's not forget the maintenance corridors from Dead Rising...when you aren't in a car!