We Recommend

• Civfanatic - January 29, 2013 8:08 a.m.

What about the Big Metal Unit/Rod in The Baldur's Gate Saga?. You have to keep 3 sets of pants from BG1 all the way to the Throne of Bhaal expansion, and then you can forge them in some uber-powerful items. The catch is that the pants has no apparent use neither in BG1 or BG2. There are some crazy hidden clues to: http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgateii/pantaloonsenigma.php
  • minimaxi - January 29, 2013 1:58 a.m.

oh, about Braid's secret stars, one of them can be lost forever if you miss it, forcing you restart the game if you wish to get it. I beat the game without a guide but I could never find that star without a guide. kudos to everyone who can.
  • Keydet96 - January 28, 2013 10:53 p.m.

Wonder if the secret in SotC has anything to do with that maze map on the parachute...
  • minimaxi - January 29, 2013 1:52 a.m.

MIND = BLOWN @_@ @_@ @_@ something to look for after I platinum'd the HD remaster.
  • archnite - January 29, 2013 2:51 p.m.

Yeah of all these the parachute isn't really a secret, once you know how to pray at the statues you'll eventually get it by beating the time trials. I'd always hoped for a 17th colossus to be hidden somewhere.
  • Larinah - January 28, 2013 8:11 p.m.

Cave Story, and most of the secrets there. Like the upgrades to the original gun, or the true ending! So many secrets on what looked like such a simple game.
  • BladedFalcon - January 29, 2013 10:07 a.m.

Yeah, the way to get the polar star was kinda ridiculous, and pretty much impossible to guess without looking it up online. Same thing for the true ending, really.
  • LordZarlon - January 28, 2013 5:59 p.m.

What about Phantasy Star 2? You could resurrect Nei and use her in your party again. What's this you commentors ask? That's right. Long before Final Fantasy 7's legendary death of Aeris, Phantasy Star 2 had a death of a possible love interest for our main hero.
  • ShaneDMcDonie - January 28, 2013 5:44 p.m.

The Super Mario Bros. 3 Level 1-3 Warp Whistle is revealed in game, but it's only revealed much further on in the game. It's in one of the letters Princess Toadstool sends you after defeating the Flying Ship to move on to the next world
  • C.King - January 28, 2013 5:35 p.m.

shadow of colossus still has a secrete... woah
  • samirbvr - January 28, 2013 11:15 p.m.

Wish I had read this article before trading SotC in. :(
  • JokerJ0613 - January 28, 2013 5:23 p.m.

Wha... There's an undiscovered secret in SotC?! *Plays game non-stop*
  • winner2 - January 28, 2013 3:53 p.m.

That sonic one is a bit annoying, I hated that level with a purpose.
  • KnightDehumidifier - January 28, 2013 2:42 p.m.

One day we will get that Mega Man 9 secret that has been sealed forever at Capcom.
  • zelta38 - January 29, 2013 1:34 p.m.

I think that final secret was discovered already, I was googling megaman 9 last secret and according to some of the findings it was just the tune of blues/protoman playing when the score attack levels are played past the point where the score/count (forgot since I don't own the game) crosses the max unsigned 32-bit integer value (around 65,000).
  • zelta38 - January 29, 2013 1:35 p.m.

Apologies for the double post (no edit button), the reason this would be a secret is that protoman appears in MM10, not 9.
  • ChiChiRocket - January 28, 2013 2:20 p.m.

I believe you mean the "Blackbird" in Chrono Trigger. To my knowledge, there is no "Blackbeard" in the game, unless there's some different translation that I don't know about.
  • MetroidPrimeRib - January 28, 2013 2:18 p.m.

Playing as Magus and getting the Hadouken isn't hidden I figured that out when I was around 6 or 7 and so did most of the kids that had an SNES I knew. Shit like the Sarcastic Announcer in Wave Race Blue Storm, the Chris Houlihan room in LttP(everyone knows of this to be fair) and Wesker's Desk in RE2 are hidden.
  • Shadow Of Death - January 28, 2013 12:39 p.m.

Didn't know most of these, but I had done the "Mega Man X: Hadouken!" one multiple times. It's a lot easier than the rough guide in this article suggests actually. Once you've gotten all those upgrades, you just have to repeat the section past the checkpoint you're respawned at. Not too hard, you just have to kill the enemies before they can hit you I've used that special blast (I can't remember what it's actually called), to insta-kill bosses and the like..HOWEVER, you need full health (energy) to execute the attack. Anything less than that and it won't work. Another slightly odd bit to the game. If I remember correctly, if you got the save code after getting the super blaster attack, if you entered it you'd end up at the start of the level where you'd get said superblaster, but you'd already have it. Something like that, anyway. Just FYI, but I REALLY liked Megaman X back in the day, though I never got the sequels (I played X-2 and really liked it, but never got it myself).
  • Shadow Of Death - January 28, 2013 12:41 p.m.

Just to clarify, but the 'superblaster' to which I'm referring is just the normal maxed out version of the arm cannon, not this special one hit kill blaster.