We Recommend

• bass88 - August 8, 2012 4:39 a.m.

Very excited for this. Just curious Mr. Towell, did they mention that the PS3 version would be technically identical to the XBox360 version or is it still too early to say anything about that?
  • GR_JustinTowell - August 8, 2012 8:49 a.m.

They sure did - because I asked them! Check out http://bit.ly/QfkBbk
  • bass88 - August 8, 2012 10:21 a.m.

Cheers. After reading it alarm bells are ringing in my head. I think PS3 owners are getting sidelined again. Hope I'm wrong though.
  • GR_JustinTowell - August 8, 2012 12:47 p.m.

Really? I would expect AA to take a slight hit, but that's unfounded conjecture, just what usually happens with multiplat. I honestly couldn't say... though they didn't look at all worried when I asked them. Fingers crossed - my wireless Xbox wheel's playing up again and I'd love a decent PS3 racer for my Logitech GT Driving Force wheel :D
  • bass88 - August 8, 2012 5:39 p.m.

Sorry. It's just when I didn't read them delivering a definite answer I foresaw a port with the same issues as past EGO games. I'm a pessimist so I do perhaps looking for the worst and that sent me off. However, spending four years on it did give them a chance to improve performance and if the F12012 guys are delivering a proper port then it does seem very likely that the PS3 will be identical to XBox360. Plus the best thing about pessimism is that when you are proven wrong, it's a wonderful surprise. Again, thanks for the write up. I know decried the game earlier but I am still anticipating it.
  • ninja-key - August 8, 2012 3:07 a.m.

'But that's not impressive enough for GRID 2. It does all of this while modelling and warping the tread of the tyre in 3D, morphing the rubber according to the forces placed on it and calculating the grip of the tread that's touching the tarmac as a result. To be scientific, that's just mental.' DUDE WTF
  • suicidali - August 8, 2012 2:58 a.m.

Improved weather tech? I can imagine the tagline now: "Grid 2. It has rainbows." In all seriousness, I'm a little bummed about no Destruction Derby mode, but this will still be a day 1 purchase for me... I could do with a new decent racing game to get me off of Forza
  • joabbuac - August 8, 2012 2:54 a.m.

Grid 1 is still to this day my favorite racing game. I think what it does well is that its Authentic but not realistic, arcade but feels like the real thing - loved the career mode too, hope they have something like that again with the yearly structure though you can pick and choose the events you like. Better than the tear structure of Dirt.
  • Hobogonigal - August 8, 2012 1:42 a.m.

I really enjoyed the first GRID so I am genuinely excited to see more of #2. Codemasters really know how to make super-realistic and sexy racing games!
  • Rub3z - August 8, 2012 12:59 a.m.

I'm quite a racist myself. :D
  • DirkSteele1 - August 8, 2012 12:24 a.m.

Wow. It has been a while since I was excited for game coming to current consoles. This has certainly caught my attention. Hope the final product delivers.