We Recommend

• ObliqueZombie - November 7, 2013 5:18 p.m.

Oh absolutely. Back in the CoD4/WaW days, my buddies and I CONSTATLY berated the PS3 for it's bulky (we called it the "hiding a parachute just in case" design) and acted as if they begged Xbox to let them have BioShock after so long. Now I realize I was just a stupid kid. I probably still am. Great times, though!
  • GR_HenryGilbert - November 7, 2013 5:16 p.m.

I was certainly a Nintendo fanboy during the SNES and N64 years. I was particularly angry when it came to defending the 64-bit system from fans of the more popular PlayStation. I finally saw the light and became platform agnostic, loving every system equally. What's that? I currently own more than 50 different Mario toys? Well, I don't think that makes me a fanboy...
  • J-Fid - November 7, 2013 7:17 p.m.

Don't worry you're fine. You need 64 Mario toys to be a Nintendo Fanboy.
  • mbavalo - November 7, 2013 5:12 p.m.

Sony FTW. Been gaming on PlayStation ever since I was a kid
  • Evanesco - November 7, 2013 5:07 p.m.

I'm an assassin's creed fanboy. I was probably a sony fanboy until Microsoft realized how stupid they were being.
  • sumhydroponic - November 7, 2013 5:03 p.m.

I was on the Xbox bandwagon for ever. After E3 I went and pre-ordered a PS4. Got my copies of Killzone, Knack, and CoD:Ghost along with a second controller sitting on my shelf waiting for next week. I'm also picking up Battlefield 4 and Assassins Creed 4 when I pick up my shiny new PS4. I weathered the multiple RROD's and I waiting patiently each time for sometimes up to six weeks to get my console back from M$, and even replaced them multiple times with brand new ones from the store... Not going through that again, and after the bad PR spin at E3 I was sold against buying an Xbox One
  • Elitepwnsface - November 7, 2013 4:52 p.m.

PC for all my 3rd party needs.
  • afroninjaen - November 7, 2013 4:44 p.m.

i know i'm gonna sound like a fanboy now. But WTF! It is impossible to be a Wii fanboy, it has completely different games from X360, PS4 and PC, and generally sucks.
  • jedisamurai - November 7, 2013 4:41 p.m.

I've been called a fanboy of many, many things which I am not even a fan of really (SONY lovers call me a fanboy for pointing out the system's weaknesses, Xbox lovers call me a SONY fanboy for pointing out Microsoft weaknesses, EVERYONE calls me a fanboy for pointing out Nintendo's mediocre vanilla games, and the name-calling got so bad on my Amazon review of of The Avengers (pointing out how flawed and disappointing I found the mildly entertaining film) that I had to pull my review. What am I REALLY a fanboy of? SEGA. I absolutely love SEGA's games, and the whole attitude which permeates them. Games that anyone can play, and most people can beat, but that continue to reward you the more you play (with unlockables, secrets, etc). I'm also admittedly an anime fanboy, and definitely a fanboy for Mecha anime. Beyond that, I am definitely a fanboy for space opera of any kind. My love for Macross, Gundam, Star Wars, and Lensmen knows no bounds. But despite what people may think, I enjoy both Star Trek, Star Wars, and sci-fi in general, but see the flaws in each show. I also attract a lot of hatred by liking the things other hate (Tasha Yar is my fav character on Star Trek TNG, Luke Skywalker is my all-time hero, and I like the prequels better than the original Star Wars Trilogy because I've watched it to death), and hate things that they love (I think JJ Abrams and Joss Whedon are the two worst directors alive). But we are all people, and on the message boards, hopefully all fans of some time. I'd love to see more love and less hate. Because the Nets have been Waaaaaaaaaay too full of hate lately.
  • JMarsella09 - November 7, 2013 4:43 p.m.

I'm with you on Avengers, I can see why people like it, but for me it did absolutely nothing.
  • taokaka - November 7, 2013 7:31 p.m.

Thirded, The avengers was certainly a disappointing film for me but every time I dare try and give legitimate criticism people will always gang up against me. Although their retorts are never any more thought out than "but it was awesome" and after they've exhausted that one line a few times they resort to making a puppy dog face to try and convince me to agree with them. However I truly believe in my cause and I will not sway, until the very day I die I will spread the message that the avengers is overrated.
  • BladedFalcon - November 8, 2013 10:49 a.m.

It isn't, but you're allowed to be wrong ;)
  • leonardo-j-ceballos - November 7, 2013 4:40 p.m.

I have been a fanboy. Back in the old days, I was a rabid SNES supporter vs the "evil" Sega Genesis. Now, years later, I still stumble accross SEGA exclusives from that era that were quite amazing. Ah well. With age comes wisdom.
  • RayPaw - November 7, 2013 4:57 p.m.

Dude, the Genesis only came with one controller! SNES 4 LIFE!!!!
  • leonardo-j-ceballos - November 7, 2013 8:45 p.m.

Hah! I don't regret my choice back then at all. And back then, sure, I could only have one machine, and I could only play after I finished my homework. Don't get me started on the SNES... that was truly the Golden Age of 2D. See, but that gen, looking back, is a lot like this one that's ending. Two *awesome* systems and you couldn't go wrong with either one. But back then, the fanboyism had a purpose; I needed to talk my friends into getting the same system so we could trade games! Taking the battle to the internet though... eh. Like there isn't enough rage on the web already.
  • JMarsella09 - November 7, 2013 4:36 p.m.

I'm not really a fan boy, I just go where the games are. The thing is, xbox never really had any games I wanted, and so I never bought an original xbox, or a 360. I acknowledge the pros of all consoles, it just Xbox never had the exclusives that Nintendo and Sony offered me.
  • Hendar - November 7, 2013 4:36 p.m.

Yeah I suppose I have, not for very long though. I've always had one of each console, roughly around the time N64, PS1 and Sega Saturn became obsolete though I got into PC and stuck with it ever since. Was a bit pro-PC for a while but around that time there were so many awesome PC releases. Battlefield Vietnam, Call of Duty (the first ones), Diablo 2, Morrowind and Oblivion etc. Nowadays though, only thing keeping me back is money really. Otherwise I'd probably have every current-gen console in my room. I do have a lot of old consoles still though!
  • michaelkaramas - November 7, 2013 4:33 p.m.

I was a hardcore Sony fanboy during early ps3 gen. I still believe they are the best, but I own the other consoles now too. It just isn't worth fighting about.
  • freeden - November 7, 2013 4:30 p.m.

Ever been? I AM a fanboy. I'm on the Sony side. Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with being a fanboy. It shows passion for what one enjoys. I do also enjoy PC gaming, and could consider myself a fanboy of that as well, but I'm all about Playstation. Have had every iteration of the console and have been happy with each one. Already got my copy of Killzone and will be happy to get my PS4 at the midnight launch for it.