Topics

Nintendo

We Recommend

• FanofSaiyan - January 18, 2011 3:28 p.m.

Another thing that kind of botches the article that was written is that the Japanese get motion sickness relatively easily. I'm sure that was partially the cause...
  • db1331 - January 18, 2011 3:27 p.m.

No gamer is going to get sick playing this thing. The only people that would issue complaints like this are people like my wife's grandmother, who wanted to return the new HDTV she bought because it "looked like the people were in the room with her." I don't care if the 3DS made me puke blood out my eyeballs, I would gladly play it with a bucket between my legs for 3D Ocarina and that new Resident Evil. Now if I could only decide between buying a 3DS or upgrading my PC for Skyrim at the end of the year...
  • CH3BURASHKA - January 18, 2011 3:23 p.m.

Apparently the 3DS was emitting a low hum during one of the levels, which made the people clinically depressed. I heard there were even a couple suicides!
  • Snowyjoe - January 18, 2011 2:49 p.m.

I agree Paladin76, I hate how everything is 3D right now. Really the only good 3D out there is that movie "How to Train Your Dragon" becasue that acturally uses the 3D element to tell it's story, where as all the other stuff are just "Weeee loook, stuff being thrown at you oohhh ahhhh!" It's the same as a pop-up picture book guys! WAKE UP!!!
  • Cyberninja - January 18, 2011 2:38 p.m.

the anwser is simple its the same people who have epilepsy and had problems watching that one episode of pokemon and it does sound like they were moving it alot because of this line "Others said that the symptoms could be reduced by holding the device in a fixed position."
  • Unoriginal - January 18, 2011 2:36 p.m.

Go get'em
  • HankVenture - January 18, 2011 2:23 p.m.

It's because their eyes don't let enough light in. lol raciest. jk
  • codystovall - January 18, 2011 2:22 p.m.

I think the people were just weak. Maybe not even real gamers....
  • JLThatshilarious - January 18, 2011 2:16 p.m.

I actually read that Japanese gamers are more prone to this sort of thing (motion sickness) so we really shouldn't worry about it.
  • ThatSkinnyGuy - January 18, 2011 1:29 p.m.

@Howetzer Your post sure could use some more LOLs.
  • ThatSkinnyGuy - January 18, 2011 1:22 p.m.

Your post sure could use some more LOLs.
  • Howetzer - January 18, 2011 1:13 p.m.

Lol I like the part how this story is telling us we don't know anything yet...the story is a non-story lol. Also I like the picture of the sickened japanese gamer lol a white guy. Looks like the crack picture department strikes again eh? lol
  • Paladin76 - January 18, 2011 12:54 p.m.

I honestly hope it does induce nausea. Maybe this will be the large boom that starts the avalanche on the whole 3D thing in all media.
  • Paladin76 - January 18, 2011 12:52 p.m.

Honestly, I do hope it makes people physically ill. Maybe this will be the loud boom that starts the avalanche on 3D in all media formats.
  • FanofSaiyan - January 18, 2011 12:49 p.m.

Good thing I read this article or I would've been turned off by the 3DS. Thanks Gamesradar!