The King’s Bounty series has come a long way since Electronic Arts first published the turn-based strategy for MS-DOS and the Genesis way back in 1990. Since then, 1C has re-popularized the series with King’s Bounty: The Legend and King’s Bounty: Armored Princess. Now, the King’s Bounty torch has been passed on to games publisher Nival, which is getting ready to introduce PvP battles to the series via Facebook.
From what we’ve seen so far, the game looks great and is a far cry from the norm for everyday Facebook titles. This one feels special, which is why we’re really excited to bring GamesRadar readers into the invite-only beta for King’s Bounty: Legions.
Above: If you’ve played The Legend or Armored Princess, you’ll love King’s Bounty Legions! If you’re unfamiliar with the series, you should grab a key and try it anyway because it’s fun and free
Above: Managing and customizing your army is one of Legions’ greatest strengths
Above: What Final Fantasy XIII never had
Since this invite-only beta works with Facebook, please read the instructions below carefully. You’ll need to copy and paste the root of the URL provided below and then add the key you’re about to get from GamesRadar to the end of that URL snippet for an invite.
How to join the invite-only beta
1. Login to www.gamesradar.com
. If you’re not already a member, click here to register. It only takes a moment.
2. Head to our King’s Bounty Legions invite-only beta page
to get your code.
3. Make a note of your code
4. Copy and paste the following segment of the URL below into your browser:
5. Next, copy and paste your closed beta key code to the end of the URL above to complete the link.
6. You may be required to download and install the Unity Web Player. This will make the graphics extra good.
Aug 1, 2011