We Recommend

• gus179 - April 6, 2013 7:38 a.m.

Omaigod i just realized. Disney will never allow MVC4! Im surprised they havent cancled that M rated marvel game thats in developement...
  • brickman409 - April 5, 2013 9:29 p.m.

Its been almost a week since I've been on this site and when I saw the headline, I instantly thought it was some sort of april fools joke that I missed. Unfortunately I was wrong.
  • sk8r7 - April 4, 2013 2:23 p.m.

yea, I was looking forward to 1313 for pc as well. I suppose I'll simply have to play the classic KOTOR and Battlefront series
  • GoldenEagle1476 - April 4, 2013 1:32 p.m.

I'm pretty sad by the news, but it's not like they were going to release a ton of games any time soon. Hopefully more developers will come in and A) hire the employees and B) make more games.
  • PolarBearsInHeat - April 4, 2013 12:48 p.m.

I'm actually quite optimistic after hearing coop's take on it. Fingers still crossed for Republic Commando 2
  • chavbuster1 - April 4, 2013 8:59 a.m.

STARWARS DANCE PARTY KINECT 2.0 FTW!!!11!!!1
  • ObliqueZombie - April 3, 2013 9:21 p.m.

You know, I'm both happy and sad. LucasArts has given us so much, but... As long as licensing continues to be handed out, I'm hopeful. As a developer, they were slipping. Maybe running out of ideas. But if another developer were to handle it, get another perspective... We could see some great things. How Disney hasn't seen the demand for Battlefront/Sar Wars games is beyond me.
  • ZeeCaptain - April 3, 2013 10:16 p.m.

It's doubtful, Disney and Lucas Arts use many of the same publishers such as Activision. So seeing how Disney is shooting this down, there's not much hope for a serious Star Wars game, though Disney is sure to release games using the Star Wars name, probably a dance game for the Kinect or something equally terrible.
  • g1rldraco7 - April 3, 2013 8:54 p.m.

There is a cut on my chest made by Dark Vader's light-saber where my heart use to be. I don't know if I go to the doctor about it. I guess they couldn't save me huh?
  • Shinn - April 3, 2013 7:35 p.m.

These poor people will surely have jobs waiting for them at places like Bioware and telltale, but this news is still heartbreaking. So many great games, and so many missed opportunities.
  • somedude - April 3, 2013 6:22 p.m.

Look the bright side, maybe Ron Gilbert makes a Kickstarter to buy the Monkey Island IP and make a proper Monkey Island 3 in a couple of years... Besides most of us think this is sad because we remember the goog old graphic adventure games of yesteryear, but the truth we denie it's Lucasarts was really dead for at least the last 6 or more years, if you look at the good games they made this generation and last, they weren't made by them, they only published... so it's a not so sad new... If you want to play games made by the people who make LucasArts what it was, buy games by Double Fine or Telltale Games.
  • shawksta - April 3, 2013 5:54 p.m.

RIP Lucasarts, hopes it goes well for you Damn it Disney
  • PlainLikeVanilla - April 3, 2013 5:27 p.m.

This really sucks but it was expected out of Disney. I would love to see some of those smaller games get worked on as a result of this but it wont happen. It's just not worth Disney's time to even license anything that isn't StarWars.
  • BladedFalcon - April 3, 2013 5:22 p.m.

Well... this sucks... Although I honestly feel it hard to be upset when you consider that LucasArts didn't really do that much of value in this entire console generation. (yes, I'm saying that the force unleashed games were mediocre at best, crap at worst, specially the second one.)
  • LordZarlon - April 3, 2013 4:38 p.m.

X-Wing was the game that got me to buy my first PC way back in 1994. The Star Wars games of the 90's were our only interactive way to continue the story of star wars during that decade. I'm not just sad. I'm disappointed that we will never see serious LucasArts games anymore. That's a fact. Disney said they weren't interested in LucasArts games other than portable and social games. R.I.P. one of the last legendary independent in the world.
  • samiamJack - April 3, 2013 4:15 p.m.

I think a small part of my inner child just died. I have so many fond memories of playing star wars games growing up, in fact they are a major part of why I ended up becoming a gamer. But hopefully this means that they will allow other companies to come in and build more of the great games that made me fall in love with gaming, would love to see a real first person starwars game with a good plot in the same vane as the old dark forces games!
  • GamesRadarCollanderCooper - April 3, 2013 4:14 p.m.

This is what happens in Obama's America
  • bass88 - April 3, 2013 4:59 p.m.

Never took Obama as one with an almighty grudge against a game company.
  • GamesRadarCollanderCooper - April 3, 2013 5:36 p.m.

LucasArts was shut down because of the price of Obamacare
  • alex-roy-bristol - April 3, 2013 5:53 p.m.

I honestly almost died laugh-giggling to myself... xD