Topics

Mass Effect 3

We Recommend

• TheValiantBob - June 26, 2012 9:03 a.m.

Wow. I am super disappointed with the Refusal ending. When I saw it there I got really excited, but it was a huge letdown. I thought after refusing the game would cut to a cutscene where it would show everyone fighting the Reapers, and depending on your military rating and the alliances you made it would depend whether you succeeded or failed. That way it would satisfy the people whose major complaint was that the game ignored your choices. Instead it was just a insta-game over that still says "screw your choices." Way to miss a big opportunity Bioware to please your fans. Now the complaint will still be there that the game's ending is completely independent from your choices.
  • ParagonT - June 26, 2012 9:28 a.m.

In the end, I will admit, that the choices you make do not amount to anything but the three ending choices, but it's a vast improvement. As for the refusal ending, I think it makes perfect sense. You don't wish to cooperate, so you perish, pretty simple.
  • TheValiantBob - June 26, 2012 10:19 a.m.

yeah the extended endings are much better than the originals, but I still think refusal could have been handled better. For one it would satisfy those that wanted their choices to have meaning, and two it would actually give a point for your military prep and resources. Let the player see the fruits of their labors whether they were strong enough to defeat the Reapers or not. If the current refusal ending was what you got if you lost I wouldn't mind, but the fact that they don't even let you try to fight back just makes it more depressing to me that your choices really mean zilch in the grand scheme of things.
  • BladedFalcon - June 26, 2012 10:56 a.m.

You SHOULD remember that these extended endings are free, and that really, Bioware had no real obligation to make them in the first place. Sure, maybe they are not perfect, and they don't clear everything up. But it was either that, or nothing, so if it at least improves a little, we should be thankful, and I personally am.
  • yonderTheGreat - June 26, 2012 3:46 p.m.

It was free because the GAME WAS NOT FINISHED. Seriously, you say that as if it was an option to make the ENDING of a game free. Are you a friggin EA employee or something? It's been years since I've heard something so pathetic.
  • BladedFalcon - June 26, 2012 4:16 p.m.

You're the one that sounds like an EA employee, making an affirmation such as "the GAME WAS NOT FINISHED" When, unless you worked on the project, you can't affirm it for sure. Also, why the hell are you attacking me in the first place? I myself have stated several times that the original endings felt half-assed and rushed. However, I'm also not a self entitled ninny that expects everything to go their way or otherwise make a fit. The fact is that Bioware had already released a product, like it or not, you got for what you paid for, including that "crappy" ending. This thing that bioware just made? it sure wasn't cost-free for them and yet they charged the customer NOTHING for it. Does that excuse the crappy original ending? maybe not. But had Bioware decided to do NOTHING about it, all the bitching and whining in the world wouldn't have changed it. So I'll just be thankful for what we've got, even if it's not perfect. Or you can keep on complaining. Because, you know, that's so dignified and not pathetic at all.
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - June 26, 2012 12:16 p.m.

But the point is, no matter what your military might is, the galaxy cannot defeat the reapers by conventional means - that's why they have to have the crucible (doomsday device, mcguffin)
  • FauxGateau - June 26, 2012 3:34 p.m.

Then BioWare really should have re-thought that whole EMS thing. Because I guess nobody told them it didn't matter especially considering you spend the whole game amassing forces. But I'm agreeing with you personally. If anything it shouldn't have been about that (EMS) at all, just finding things to accelerate the mcguffening process. Still I'm not really a fan of the Crucible in general anyway. So feel free to disregard.
  • SentientSquidMachine - June 26, 2012 8:38 a.m.

Coming from the camp that had no qualms when viewing the original endings, I had no problem with these. That new refusal ending is fantastic. Okay, that's done now it's DLC time. Let's get some lair of the shadow broker epicness.
  • SentientSquidMachine - June 26, 2012 8:41 a.m.

and I'm still hanging on to that whole indoctrination theory.
  • DannyMB - June 26, 2012 8:19 a.m.

I really, really like the extended endings. Bioware didn't compromise on their initial vision, but they gave the fans what they wanted in actually explaining what the hell happens to the universe after your decision, including what happens to your squadmates. I think Bioware has done a fantastic job here, delicately handled and brilliantly delivered.
  • ParagonT - June 26, 2012 9:25 a.m.

I liked the new ending as well, but I think it was a compromise, they had to make a new ending, that sounds like "giving in" to me. But hey, their a business, thats what they do.
  • FauxGateau - June 26, 2012 3:41 p.m.

I hardly think that a non-standard game over is a new ending. Especially if I trigger it by shooting at the Starkid the first time through, by accident. It sounds to me that they were punishing you for choosing it. Considering every dies anyway. At least I got a laugh out of it before thinking for a few minutes and spewing venom on the internet. Still, I can hand it to BioWare. They sure know how to induce apathy in a guy.
  • yonderTheGreat - June 26, 2012 3:47 p.m.

Dude, they compromised by not doing this in the first place.
  • MasterBhater - June 26, 2012 8:10 a.m.

ALL IT AMOUNTED TO WAS A SLIDESHOW. BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! But seriously Bioware, ignore the naysayers. Good ending or not, you still made a fantastic game and an amazing trilogy, and I like what you did with this Extended Cut.
  • ParagonT - June 26, 2012 9:30 a.m.

It was the previous "naysayers" that even brought this extended cut on lol.