Topics

arcade Retro

We Recommend

• sk8r7 - January 2, 2013 4:01 p.m.

shadow of the colossus and kingdom hearts, also final fantasy 12
  • Masterdagon - January 2, 2013 3:45 p.m.

Digimon World on Playstation was epic
  • winner2 - January 2, 2013 8:25 p.m.

^ completely agree, I've got fond memories of both 1 and 2 and those intros were awesome. Metalmamemon was a badass.
  • garnsr - January 2, 2013 1:42 p.m.

I still let games sit at the title screen for a minute or so, but you rarely get much these days.
  • ibashdaily - January 2, 2013 1:37 p.m.

Top Skater. I spent many summers with that Pennywise song playing. Not to mention, the game was awesome. Especially the hidden park.
  • Cyberninja - January 2, 2013 1:36 p.m.

Kingdom Hearts is all I need to say
  • GoldenEagle1476 - January 2, 2013 1:22 p.m.

I always loved Fallout 3's and the first Assassin's Creed. Although there was something in that AC1 video that always bugged me. In it, Altair uses a crossbow to kill a couple guards, and you don't even get to use on until AC Brotherhood, the third AC game. Plus, I don't even think crossbows were that common during the Crusades.
  • AdamPrime - January 2, 2013 12:27 p.m.

Yoshi's Story. I'm gonna just come out and say this: the attract mode had me crying tears - REAL, wet tears of happiness - right there in the shop. I was fifteen years old.
  • dcobs123 - January 2, 2013 12:25 p.m.

Gex: Enter the Gecko was nice in that it gave you a first person fly-through of the various environments in the game.
  • DREAMCASTSATURN - January 2, 2013 11:24 a.m.

Dk 64, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Daytona USA, Resident evil 1, and Pokemon Red/Blue. That is all. Oh, and SEGA Rally Championship
  • wcwwolf - January 2, 2013 11:02 a.m.

WCW/NWO Revenge had the best intro video ever. Sting blocking the road from an nWo tractor trailer coming through, looking like he was about to take names all over the place
  • Japanaman - January 2, 2013 10 a.m.

Tekken 3 has the best attract mode of all time!
  • rickybadu - January 2, 2013 9:54 a.m.

You guys forgot - Soul blade - Call of duty - Rage racer - Gran Turismo 3 - Capcom VS SNK - Donkey kong country - Zelda, Wind waker - TEkken 5 - Panzer dragoon rpg
  • DREAMCASTSATURN - January 2, 2013 11:25 a.m.

yeah, DK country's intro was awesome
  • ExtraCheese - January 2, 2013 9:44 a.m.

I really like Katamari Forever's intro its just super fun and weird. The other prominent one I can think of is Super Smash Bros. Melee, the way that each character lead onto the next so smoothly was just incredible.
  • squander - January 2, 2013 9:21 a.m.

Justin, I dearly miss Soul Blade which has imo fhe best intro ever. besides that: awesome list!
  • archnite - January 2, 2013 8:57 a.m.

>Shadow of the Colossus - mostly because of the amazing music. >Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando because if you let the demo reel loop it would come back to the start screen showing Ratchet playing Crash Bandicoot >Metal Gear Solid 3 - played the James Bond-esque Snake Eater vinete from the end of the Virtuous Mission >San Andreas - great music over panning shot of the city/state in cool cross panels >Kingdom Heart - again music. Guess I'm just a sucker for sweet music with interesting visuals.
  • THEBIGJ3 - January 2, 2013 8:28 a.m.

Final Fantasy 8, though that was pretty epic with it's opera-singing style beginning music into low orchestral rumble as the camera starts to pan across the water... Also Assassin's Creed, the bird and the execution in particular, were pretty special.
  • masterjoe123 - January 2, 2013 8:22 a.m.

What about the Scribblenauts games? You can spend hours on the title screen without pressing start.