We Recommend

• Vonter - December 19, 2013 4:21 p.m.

Lack of Mother 3 disturbs me. I know I know, but it still was in this generation's time frame. Coming as the last great GBA game, that is one of the best stories I have experienced, and even after playing in it 2008 (I know its from 2006 but play it way after) I still feel it. Deadly Creature is an experience, clunky and jarring that it looks is one of the very few games where you control non humanoid characters, it also had several strong silent moments that changes adds to the immersion of playing as an animal.
  • GR HollanderCooper - December 19, 2013 5:14 p.m.

The fact that it didn't release in the US is what held it off the list (and that it wasn't released on last-gen's hardware). But believe me, it's not overlooked in our hearts--or in our BEST GAMES EVER list: http://www.gamesradar.com/best-games-ever/
  • Vonter - December 19, 2013 5:48 p.m.

Oh sweet! <3 Thanks for telling. Because Mother 3 and Shadow of the Colossus I think are games that must be played in some moment of a gamer's life. Still you put Nier which is also a very emotional game. I hope Drakengard 3 continues with a strong story and if not, the soundtrack will still be worth it.
  • garnsr - December 19, 2013 4:11 p.m.

I've played a pretty good chunk of these, and the ones I haven't played I've heard of, but I'm not interested in them. Several of these are PS3 games from before trophies were implemented, which make it feel like you're wasting time somehow, even though the games are good.
  • TurokJr - December 19, 2013 4:01 p.m.

House of the Dead: Overkill is the second best selling game of the serie (HotD: 2&3 on the Wii is the 1st) and when ported to PS3 didn't sell well. Is not the Wii, is the serie which doesn't seem much popular. So Wii was not the problem. BUT THE HISTORY OF AMAZING WII GAMES BEAT UP BY CASUAL GAMES IS SAAAD
  • GR HollanderCooper - December 19, 2013 5:14 p.m.

Heartbreak, heartbreak.
  • Corsair89 - December 19, 2013 3:57 p.m.

I seem to like niche titles because I've played 34 out of the 100 on the list. Some rank amongst my favorite games of all time including: Valkyria Chronicles, Ace Attorney Investigations, Enslaved, Tales of Vesperia, The World Ends With You, Lost Odyssey, Ghost Trick and 999.
  • jedisamurai - December 21, 2013 8:51 a.m.

You sir, have excellent taste in games.
  • g1rldraco7 - December 19, 2013 3:57 p.m.

I own about 11 or 12 of these games. note to self, need to beat them and I think Shadows of the Damned and Splatterhouse deserve a sequel, cliffhangers suck :(
  • BlueBoboDoo100 - December 19, 2013 3:50 p.m.

Almost All of these that I've heard of, I agree with. The World Ends With You and Days of Ruin are easily two of my favorite DS games and have the best music on the system. I really only disagree with Heavenly Sword. It felt like something thousands of games had done before, and at least a hundred of those games did it better. I'd definitely add PS AllStars Battle Royale. As a competitive Smash Bros. player, it's definitely good enough to tide me over till the next Smash. Also, Kid Icarus Uprising. I know it's fairly popular, but still not nearly as much as it should be. It's the best game on the 3DS and it blows me away every time I play it. Best multiplayer on 3DS next to Mario Kart, too.
  • jedisamurai - December 21, 2013 8:56 a.m.

Having bought a PS3 quite a while after it came out, I was genuinely shocked by how good the game is and how under-appreciated it is. Are there lots of crazy-meelee 3D hack-and-slash games with "press x not to die" mini-games? Yes there are. But this game...is something special. It has some of the most beautiful graphics I've ever seen. Not just detailed. Beautiful. The voice acting, facial animation, and motion capture and astounding. The plot is as good as any blockbuster movie. The gameplay is deep, and incredibly fun. There is a lack of frustration and a real sense of progression. The sound mixing, music, and interface are flawless. In short, I think it is one of the best games I've ever played. I traded in Force Unleashed 1 and 2 after beating them, but I don't see myself ever doing that with Heavenly Sword. The game is just too good.
  • Rojoco - December 19, 2013 3:42 p.m.

Pretty sure Child of Eden *did* have a non-movement based control scheme. Seem to remember playing it with a standard dualshock in hand.
  • jedisamurai - December 21, 2013 8:52 a.m.

Yeup. I first beat the game with a gamepad. It's also easier to have huge headphones with massive bass cranked up (the way the game should be heard) when you aren't jumping around the room.
  • antiAntag0nist - December 19, 2013 3:36 p.m.

Of the 100 games on display (good list by the way) I own/have owned about 21 of those games. As far as The World Ends With You goes, I just couldn't get into it. My issue with that game lies in the control scheme. I found it difficult to play and pull off the more complex moves during battle, so I gave up on it. To add one game to this list though, I would say The Outfit, an Xbox 360 game that came out back in 2006. It was an RTS/ #3rd Person Shooter hybrid. It was a pretty decent game and that had some unfair spikes in difficulty, but I found it enjoyable nonetheless.
  • Darkhawk - December 19, 2013 3:31 p.m.

Should really be called, "Okami Presents:"