We Recommend

• MrDuracraft - January 31, 2011 11 p.m.

@Aletheon @Thedigitalg It's not that much about product loyalty or dualism, but money. 3DS is 250, NGP is probably going to be at least 300 or 350, that plus games for both systems is what makes it so people don't buy both. I'm sure almost everyone here would love to have both of these impressive pieces of handheld gaming, but not everyone can. OT: Good to see neither Nintendo or Sony are being dicks about attacking each other, and aren't (at least outright) saying "Ours is best and we will do better and you suck"
  • Thedigitalg - January 31, 2011 10:51 p.m.

@Aletheon, I completely agree. I have owned all of the latest gen consoles, including the Handhelds and decided from there what to stick with. You can't be sure what's the best till you've played em all. For the record, I sold all but the 360, the DS and the PSP. Don't get me wrong, I hate the PSP games and only kept it for mobile Final Fantasy VII-IX!
  • Aletheon - January 31, 2011 10:47 p.m.

Is there a new Obama law against owning more than one handheld device I wasn't aware of? So sick of this dualistic thought that consumes human beings.
  • Mikaro - January 31, 2011 10:44 p.m.

@FOZ: More or less. Nintendo was doing really kinda notsowell last generation. They were the third place underdog. This whole generation, they've more or less ruled in terms of sales. Now, the NGP could threaten their handheld sales, effectively taking them off the top (until they develop a new console). At least, that's what I think...
  • newgames128 - January 31, 2011 10:23 p.m.

He's completely right. I'm sure both devices will sell well. It all depends on the consumer's individual taste.
  • FOZ - January 31, 2011 10:16 p.m.

The "Gamecube era" was all of 5 years ago. By scared, do you mean Nintendo doesn't expect to completely dominate everything this time?
  • Mikaro - January 31, 2011 10:14 p.m.

I actually think that, for the first time since the gamecube era, Nintendo is scared. Or at very least feels threatened.
  • AnarchyZombie - January 31, 2011 10:09 p.m.

Is Nintendo trying to turn this into a moral issue?
  • FanofSaiyan - January 31, 2011 10:07 p.m.

My wallet is hungry for a new Nintendo product...