We Recommend

• AuthorityFigure - July 8, 2011 9:19 a.m.

I hate having to restart to the main menu just to change a detail of the game.
  • oni - July 8, 2011 5:55 a.m.

Ragdoll is fine up to a point. It's nice to see a body topple down the stairs, adds realism to the atmosphere. What's not nice is when a shell or grenade explodes next to body, sending it flying across the scenery, which breaks the realism instead. Shouldn't the body be blown to bits by now in shower of blood and flesh instead of staying intact even when a mortar barrage dropped on it? Gore is so under utilized these days. I'm not a blood crazed gamer but I would like to see an Abrams tank shooting a foot soldier at point blank and see him explodes like a body should - not blasted away 50 feet away and still look the same when it was "alive", not a scratch on him, only dead.
  • RadicalVoodoo - July 8, 2011 5:14 a.m.

Every time I run into an invisible wall I want to destroy it, but then it just gets worse when I know I can't destroy it since the game doesn't let me destroy the environment. Man I hate invisi-walls!
  • 510BrotherPanda - July 8, 2011 4:50 a.m.

Hope to hear you back on TalkRadar UK some day, Mr. Griffin!
  • Darkhawk - July 8, 2011 3:21 a.m.

1) Unskippable Cutscenes. 2) Bad translation/voice acting. (And it's not just the Japanese. I'm looking at you, David Cage.) 3) Grinding. I don't want to replay the same mission over and over to progress the story. 4) Bosses with insta-kill moves. These were good for the arcade, but with autosaves and checkpoints it just means replaying the same section a million times before you figure out how to avoid it. 5) No Sound menu. Every sound system is different. We need to always be offered effects, music, and voice as three separate sliders. 6) No drop-in co-op. Arcades DID do this, so why can't modern games? Sure, sometimes it's fun to play through on both single and multiplayer, but really you should be able to have a friend join at any time and not have to start at the beginning.
  • WarWasp - July 8, 2011 12:54 a.m.

I loved how the Metroid Prime games got around loading screens by making the doors load points.That was pretty slick,Retro.
  • meanea - July 8, 2011 12:25 a.m.

The Euphoria Engine was made by Naturalmotion, not Rockstar.
  • Brutalicus - July 7, 2011 11:08 p.m.

8. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. The entire game. 'nuff said.
  • Lurkero - July 7, 2011 10:54 p.m.

I hate the Smackdown loading screen. So long yet so boring. They couldn't give us anything during those screens?
  • Daedazrael - July 7, 2011 10:51 p.m.

Okay, that Reach screen is a bit of a lie. That is not the standard Falcon model sans textures, that is the distance model used for far away battles and scenery. That model was never meant to be seen up close. That's not saying that Halo never had texture pop-in issues, especially in Halo 2, but you could at least show an actual example instead of the model that was never textured to begin with.
  • bigwill1221 - July 7, 2011 10:43 p.m.

I'd like you to make a game without doing any of this...
  • EnigmaSpirit - July 7, 2011 10:20 p.m.

Pretty much any backtracking. Don't be lazy, find another way to lengthen out your game. Also something that annoys me about what people want in game design: Wanting f**king everything to be sandbox. Was FF XII being linear really that bad? No, people just exaggerated the hell out of it. "Holy mother of Batman, you go straight! This game isn't Grand Theft Auto!!!"
  • garnsr - July 7, 2011 10:02 p.m.

The weirdest and one of the most annoying parts of Oblivion was climbing to the top of a mountain range and walking a little while, then suddenly not being able to walk past a seemingly clear field. It's fine if they close off the world with unclimbable mountains, but climbing a mountain then not being able to walk across a prairie is idiotic. I hope Skyrim closes its world in more believably.
  • QWERTYCommander - July 7, 2011 8:55 p.m.

What about 2D crowds? Whenever a game has 2D crowds, I just want to find one of the devs, grab him by the collar, and scream "IT'S 2011!!!" right in his face. GT5, I'm looking at you.
  • Bladex206 - July 7, 2011 8:39 p.m.

MancisFrorkYorgan I like huds, and I like being able to have all that data and information on screen. An option for no hud would be better.
  • MancisFrorkYorgan - July 7, 2011 8:32 p.m.

I want to see HUDs gone. Totally gone. Games such as Dead Space and Mirror's Edge have shown us that we no longer need HUDs.
  • lilspooky - July 7, 2011 8:15 p.m.

I remember when Unreal released ragdoll, it was amazing back in the day. Now when i see ragdoll, its an eye sore. I hate when a games first part is a tutorial with no option to skip it. Remember the original Red Steal (point at the red fish!). The same is true for a game that gives you tutorials through out the game with no way of turning it off. GTA4 is guilty of this.
  • StrayGator - July 7, 2011 8:11 p.m.

@AngryScotsman: Try lowering the settings then.Streaming full-res textures might be too much for your HDD/platform (and in PC games, "full-res" is sometimes meant for ultra-high end hardware). If so, medium-res textures might not look as crisp, but they'll be there much sooner.
  • TheCakeIsaPie - July 7, 2011 8:02 p.m.

I'd like to see (or rather, hear) repetitive music go away. We have BDs and HD-DVDs now. There's enough space, so why do some developers feel the need to put a 3-minute song on loop during a 30-minute level?
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - July 7, 2011 7:56 p.m.

Hey, wait a minute, wasn't this a top 7 not to long ago? Besides that, I'd love to see destructable buildings and the death of the loading screen. Or if you have to have a loading screen, put in something interactive or interesting you can do while you wait.