We Recommend

• garnsr - December 21, 2012 8:02 p.m.

I played through Okami again in HD, before I started Assassin's Creed 3. I still loved Okami, even more beautiful than originally, and I was glad I played through it instead of stopping for AC 3, because I was underwhelmed by that. Asura's Wrath was great played in just a few chunks. Much better than having to wait a whole week for a new episode.
  • Redeater - December 22, 2012 2:04 a.m.

Oh AC3. It's funny how people spent the last year "correcting" everyone who was complaining about the yearly releases. "It's been in development for three years!" they said. "It's being developed by a separate team from the ground up for a fresh new experience!!" they clamored. When all was said and done we got a half baked story, a game that felt scaled back and severely underwhelming......and bugs....my god....the bugs.
  • zombi3grim - December 22, 2012 1:39 p.m.

Havent ran into one bug in AC3.
  • D0CCON - December 21, 2012 7:46 p.m.

I remember when Okami seemed to come up on a weekly basis as a game we HAD to buy. This was a nice reminder of the good ol days of just a couple of years ago. The rest of these awards were great too (I'm also happy to see that people gave ME3 the love it deserves instead of giving into the overdone controversy).
  • rainn'sgaydar - December 21, 2012 8:07 p.m.

I was thinking about that too. Makes me feel all the more ashamed that I bought it on PSN, but still haven't played it. I'm obviously missing something great.
  • rainn'sgaydar - December 21, 2012 7:17 p.m.

Glad to see ME3 love. I figured most GOTY awards would steer away from it because of the controversy around it, but I'm glad to see it get its praise. I played through it twice, which is a ton for a gamer with little time. But there were just so many moments that captured me that I had to give it two playthroughs.
  • GoldenEagle1476 - December 21, 2012 6:52 p.m.

I personally would have given goty to Dishonored. To me, ME3 is the worst out of the series. Endings aside, it had the weakest story and I hated how it turned into a full blown shooter.
  • oryanbelt - December 21, 2012 6:41 p.m.

While I think Vaas from Far Cry 3 was a fantastic character and would be my runner up most likely, I disagree with him being best new character. Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2 would be my choice. I haven't had a character that caught my attention and made me more involved in the game because of him in a long time. Not to mention he was so damn funny
  • Redeater - December 21, 2012 6:17 p.m.

Worst website redesign: Gamesradar
  • Redeater - December 21, 2012 6:23 p.m.

Seriously....almost everything in your "featured content" is appearing almost immediately below it. But I suppose having to see every article twice on the same page is much better than the old way........
  • FrapJedi - December 21, 2012 5:52 p.m.

AM I the only person who absolutely LOVED Lollipop Chainsaw? I mean, sure, it had it's flaws. But it was hilariously entertaining from beginning to end. Really hoping for a sequel.
  • Redeater - December 21, 2012 6:19 p.m.

I think it would have been 2x better had they understood what a time trial was. When I enter a time trial I don't want to have to watch non skippable cut scenes and all the rest of the things that take away from replaying the level for speed runs.
  • JinHalloway - December 21, 2012 5:48 p.m.

I have to disagree with the "Favorite Way To Ruin Our Hands" award, mostly because I've found an easy, comfortable way to hold the 3DS that not only allows me to play Kid Icarus for hours at a time, but also makes it way easier to use the stylus (for me at least.) Instead of holding the 3DS with just the hand you move with, you also brace the opposite side of the 3DS with your stylus hand, with the bottom of your palm on the bottom corner and the part of your pinky finger between your first and second knuckle from the tip behind the 3DS near the edge. Granted, I also like to play with my knees curled up in front of me with my 3DS resting on my legs, which helps even more, but I still do the same thing, just without using my pinky finger.
  • haxxoromg - December 21, 2012 5:47 p.m.

well the reason ppl were so vocal about the ending was because they love the series and in the end - no matter how much they whine - none of them will deny their love for the game.
  • shawksta - December 21, 2012 5:06 p.m.

You guys did it again with the 'Platties'! Really nice choices this year and how ironic that the Okami award follows back to Okami, except in HD XD You can customize the controls on Uprising, so you dont have to use stylus controls on the ground, otherwise, your fingers do hurt the first time around. "Best Soundtrack thats not Journey" HAH I agree on Dark Siders 2, though Sticker Star had one hell of a jazzy soundtrack. "Best game you played 4 years ago, 5 years ago, 16 years ago" Double HAH Nice award for Sleeping Dogs being the biggest rip off and yet good, Rhythm Thief would be second place as it copied Professor Layton, but did it right with its Rhythm games. Also agree with Ghost Recon, although i was rather shocked and suprised Spelunky was ignored despite getting a 5 star rating by you guys, although it is a remake. Here's my crappy attempt at thinking up some awards: Best Show that started out with a bang but ended underwhelmingly: Nintendo's first E3 Conference The show started with a little Pikmin movie and blowing our little eyes with the presentation of Pikmin 3 that weve been waiting for, and yet, the whole conference suddenly ended with Nintendolands rather Crappy Fireworks display, which was massively underwhelming compared to how rushed Reggie was acting in the conference as if he's gonna announce something big. I want to think of something for Rhythm Heaven Fever, but i got nothing, maybe the game you didnt expect to be hard,or having the biggest throw off in final level history since Bayonetta, but i dont know, i just feel it deserves one.
  • GR_HenryGilbert - December 21, 2012 5:44 p.m.

Rhythm Thief almost won that award. Consider it the runner-up
  • MetroidPrimeRib - December 21, 2012 4:01 p.m.

This should go down as one of the worst years in gaming history easily.
  • Darkhawk - December 21, 2012 3:44 p.m.

Anyone wanna bet against my prediction we'll get an Amalur sequel? That's an IP just begging to be picked up by another studio.
  • Brutalicus - December 21, 2012 4:34 p.m.

I really hope you're right. So much potential.
  • rainn'sgaydar - December 21, 2012 7:13 p.m.

I hope you're right. That combat system and the world they built deserves another chance. Even with most enemy types and battles coming down to the same attack and dodge mechanic, it never felt old. Hope a sequel happens.
  • Clovin64 - December 21, 2012 3:22 p.m.

Guys, you accidently put Mass Effect 3 under "Best RPG" instead of "Best Third-Person Shooter that thinks its an RPG" *Troll face* In all seriousness, its a pleasant surprise to see ME3 pick up Reader's GOTY. Its a bit rough around the edges and it has some flaws, but its still a highly enjoyable game that rounded off the trilogy nicely (with the extended ending, that is). Also, yay for Dragon's Dogma picking up an award! Possibly my 2nd favourite game this year.
  • yasmarc - December 21, 2012 3:32 p.m.

I could never get in to the ME series. Felt like Gears + talent trees. Obviously the story isn't a testosterone-fest like GoW but I never could relate to any of the characters. They need an alcoholic man child so I can relate!