We Recommend

• andy-domonkos - April 29, 2012 5:21 a.m.

Grr, had to sit through a guilt trip about smoking to watch this. What a downer, hate these "social ambushes" paid for by god-only-knows. (game looks cool btw)
  • LOLZ - April 27, 2012 7:54 p.m.

JIZZ EVERYWHERE
  • IceBlueKirby - April 27, 2012 5:02 p.m.

This looks like it might be fun, although I'm not entirely sold on the super meter concept either. Still, it's too early to assume that they don't have other modes planned, like maybe a mode where you actually have a health bar, or something like the SSB coin battles or whatever. Even if it does go to retail with absolutely no other method of scoring, I'll still check it out. I love SSBB, but every now and then I want to play something LIKE it, but different...TMNT: Smash Up doesn't have enough characters and Cartoon Network Punch Time is really...wonky, so I'm thinking neither of those will be a problem with a game like this.
  • Fuzunga - April 27, 2012 1:33 p.m.

So standard attacks do nothing but build super meter? There's no other reason to attack your foes? And stronger attacks build more meter? Yeah, this game sounds super broken.
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 27, 2012 1:47 p.m.

Everything builds up your meter, and you can sometimes knock your opponent's meter down (with items only, I believe).
  • archnite - April 28, 2012 6:59 p.m.

What other reason would there need to be when those supers are the kill? It sounds a little like that fighter where you could be fatally wounded if you didn't block correctly.
  • bazookatooth17 - April 27, 2012 10:58 a.m.

Since they already put snake in brawl I hope they put MGS 2 Raiden in here so my friends have to least to his whiny ass while I beat them down with his ninja blade #totaltrollmove
  • Moondoggie1157 - April 27, 2012 10:01 a.m.

It was almost as if I was listening to Talkradar... Almost... I was never really a fan of Super Smash Bros, but I know a few of my buddies will get it, so I'll have to get good at it :P That works out perfect for me though, all I need is that tiny dose once in a while.
  • oryanbelt - April 27, 2012 8:30 a.m.

inb4 I see Lightning from FF13 and rage from the lack of Sazh >_>
  • ObliqueZombie - April 27, 2012 8:17 a.m.

It's a shame this will be a PS3-only release (which is stupidly obvious), because Super Smash Bros. is my favorite--and only favored--fighting game. In fact, it's one of my favorite games EVER! I could dig a blatant rip-off.
  • ultimatepunchrod - April 27, 2012 7:52 a.m.

Super attacks do sound a little out of balance, but overall it seems like it would be fun. It's pretty blatant about its smash bros inspiration though. The God of War level hasme sold and the environments look really cool.
  • ultimatepunchrod - April 27, 2012 10:32 a.m.

Also, does Chris Antista work for gamesradar again, or is he just helping with videos? Either way, great job. Oh, and I saw Coop on the PSblog's video for the game.
  • santaclouse37 - April 28, 2012 11:02 a.m.

I don't know, but my ears creamed their ear-pants when his silky voice came out of my speakers upon clicking the video.
  • BladedFalcon - April 27, 2012 7:16 a.m.

Did not expect this to be such a shameless Smash Bros Rip-off. But hey, at least the stages, characters and gameplay look solid... EXCEPT for that stupid super meter system. I mean, really? It's supposed to be a FIGHTING game! If I beat the shit out of my opponent, I want to see an effect ON the opponent. I mean, that's actually one of the coolest aspects of the entire smash bros system: The more you bang up the opponent, the more fragile they become until even a fart can send them flying away. I mean, it's even worse that it appears to be unbalanced, but even if it wasn't, what kind of shitty system is that? It's a shame because like I said, the rest of the concept seems really solid. But unless they remove, or change that stupid super meter system. I'm probably not gonna get this game.
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 27, 2012 1:48 p.m.

I don't get it :( I wish it wasn't like that.
  • ncurry2 - April 27, 2012 6:16 a.m.

Well Greg Miller must not be up yet (thankfully.) But after reading that the only way to score is the build up a meter thing, I'm a bit skeptical now as well. I suppose it's good that they tried to do something to differentiate themselves but if you only have 1 move (that can be built up 3 times but still, 1 move) to earn you points... that's not exactly the evolution I'd hope for. Idk, maybe I'm just angry at Sony for not trying to do something new with the mashup idea. Maybe I'm still just pissed about how the PS Move ended up being identical to a Wii mote. Or maybe I'm just not nearly as connected to franchises like Fat Princess and PaRappa as I am to Mario and Zelda. Whatever it is, I just don't find myself remotely interested in this title.
  • ncurry2 - April 27, 2012 5:57 a.m.

I thought this was fake at first. I can' wait to head over to IGN and read how Greg Miller undoubtedly thinks this is the greatest thing of all time and how he can't believe how progressive Sony is. Damn it I hate Greg Miller.
  • rtype21 - April 27, 2012 5:06 a.m.

Would be nice if it is released for vita as well.
  • KA87 - April 27, 2012 4:58 a.m.

Called Radec. Judging from the pic of him Jak and Dexter are in there to. Looks like fun. Hope to see Nemisis, Leon, or a Zombie in there to. Have a nice day!!!!
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 27, 2012 1:49 p.m.

Nemesis would be tiiiiiiiiiiiight.