We Recommend

• elpurplemonkey - April 12, 2011 11:30 p.m.

Charmander, easy. Had the best evolutions the whole way through, and Charizard is one of the best pokemon ever- both with regards to the anime, the collectible cards and the game.
  • y2kpikachu12 - April 12, 2011 10:33 p.m.

Pikachu! Hahah,I hope Carolyn sees this. Really though, Charmander.
  • Robusken - April 12, 2011 10:18 p.m.

That Eevee mini game...more cheap then hard if you ask me. What kind of brick breaker clone doesn't have the option of letting you use keyboard controls? Your out of luck if you only own a laptop really.
  • Entreri10 - April 12, 2011 8:54 p.m.

My Favorite starter of all time is definitely Totodile, although I do love Turtwig
  • zrex - April 12, 2011 7:18 p.m.

Favorite starter would be Squirtle, when he finally becomes Blastoise, I finally felt complete...in 7th grade. SIDENOTE! Tynamo cannot use Volt Switch, but both Eelektrik and Eelektross can learn it.
  • Larinah - April 12, 2011 6:37 p.m.

Favorite starter has to be either Treecko or, get this, Pikachu. Reason I say Pikachu is because he was so unique. And btw, I remember the Pound Puppies cartoon. I only watched it once or twice, but I still remember it! But to answer that other thing you had, the favorite pokemon of every gen... 1: Mew 2: Suicune 3: Deoxys 4: Luxray 5: Victini.
  • KrEid - April 12, 2011 6:29 p.m.

Favourite starter of all time is actually one of the new ones, Snivy! I actually just uploaded a fanimation of him today too! http://kreids-clayos.deviantart.com/art/Smugwalk-204629167 Daaaamn he's smug! Also, I got Umbreon as my eeveelution choice!
  • TribeTime - April 12, 2011 5:40 p.m.

Heck yea Jolteon ftw!!! And Charmander and Chimchar are the best staters ever. Gotta love them fire types :)
  • NinSage - April 12, 2011 4:28 p.m.

First, gotta say, I flippin' love this podcast. I am so glad that there is a weekly pkmn podcast for me to enjoy and I look forward to it every week! Second, I do indeed remember the pound puppies! I wanted one for Christmas one year but my usually reliable parents accidentally got me a "rub-a-dub dog" (not even close, parents!)... oh well. My favorite starter is also my first... I only got into PKMN as of Platinum so, Torterra (Turtwig) it is!! Lastly, I'm very much looking forward to the launch of the global link tomorrow! Double lastly, I wanna support the opinion of the gentleman with the consistently scratchy voice when I say: Flareon is cool! He's one of the cooler looking Eevees! I think he's my 2nd favorite behind Umbreon. Triple lastly, I wish I worked in your office so I could participate in your tournie ^_^
  • Kicko333 - April 12, 2011 4:04 p.m.

4Kids should've been bankrupt years ago. I hate 4kids with a passion because their translations are so bad and they water down animes horribly to target it for a 5 year old. Pokemon is whatever because it is a kids show and I havent watched the anime since gen 1 but I lose sleep over seeing what they did to One Piece. All dubs should be done away with anyway but 4kids was the worst by leaps and bounds. How can you even watch a dubbed anime? It's waste of time because so much of the show is lost in translation and you lose the feel of show's world/universe. It really becomes an entirely different show, a show for 5 year olds. Back to pokemon... Electric is always my favorite type so I gotta go with Jolteon and my favorite starter is Mudkip easily... Swampert is a BEAST!!!! Oh and I remember Pound Puppies and that show sucked.
  • Monster000 - April 12, 2011 2:47 p.m.

Totodile because he was the first starter that I ever raised to level 100 with out using cheats.
  • SausageLozenge - April 12, 2011 10:49 a.m.

If you would have asked me a month ago I would have said Charmander simply because of Charizard. But since I started Playing Pokemon B/W my 3 and 5 year old daughters have really got into it. Since the oldest can't quite read she can't play the games... yet. So I bought the first 2 volumes of the season 1 the indigo league and Pokemon Snap (figured they could manage that one) and I forgot how F'n cute Bulbasaur is. His personality is just adorable, and he seems so shy when he says his name. love it. So just as a starter, Bulbasaur! My oldest daughter Evelyn says that Picachu and Bulbasaur are her favorite: )
  • philipshaw - April 12, 2011 10:12 a.m.

Without thinking I know it's Squirtle. Bring back the Squirtle squad
  • JayBeat - April 12, 2011 9:02 a.m.

My maths was correct! woo! my favourite starter would have to be charmander.. its a classic.
  • Calicard - April 12, 2011 7:56 a.m.

Favorite starter. That's hard. I'm gonna have to say Turtwig. Torterra is the starter that I seem to be the most happy with and love training. I think I have 3 of them through Diamond, Platinum, and my Nuzlocke run. Starters in general? Hoenn. Only because I love Ruby. It's my favorite version. I actually beat the game like 4 times. I would beat it, restart with a new starter, restart, etc. Also, Tepig gets points for being a pig. I love pigs. I havent battled much with my Emboar yet so I dont quite know my feelings on him as a fighter. I just realized Torterra can learn Seed Bomb. I will have to look into this.
  • Sinosaur - April 12, 2011 5:34 a.m.

It's hard for me to pick a favorite starter, because most of them have been so iconic and wonderful, but I'd probably have to go with either Squirtle or Mudkip. All of the starters from when I played Pokemon Blue were awesome, but Squirtle stood out amongst the other starters for looking the coolest. Sure he didn't turn into a dragon or something, those great big water cannons on his shoulders were awesome and just perfect to putting an end to all sorts of opponents. And when you reached the coast and picked up Surf, you could take your best friend out onto the water for a new adventure out on the high seas! As for Mudkip, he just called out to me when I booted up Sapphire and there was no chance of me picking either of the other two. And even if he wasn't adorable, he'll always stick with me because I remember when my Mudkip evolved and all of a sudden I found out he became immune to electricity! It was a total twist and I never even saw it coming, and it happened just in time to take on Wattson. It was so cool to walk into a gym full of electric Pokemon and just grin as Marshstomp casually took out his type's age old nemesis with ease. I guess Water-types have always sort of stood out for me, at least they did before 4th Gen when I. Water is clearly the coolest [except Ice :)] type and they're strong against so many different types of enemies. Surf is also the best HM of all time, and who doesn't want to take their friends for a swim? ...Where do those Swimmers keep their Pokeballs anyway?
  • codystovall - April 12, 2011 5:20 a.m.

Im too late so many replies..... i couldve sworn more people liked espeon ill go with bulbasaur but turtwig and mudkip are more useful
  • Afrodisiac39 - April 12, 2011 4:35 a.m.

My favorite starter is Piplup. I love water Pokémon and even more so Empoleon's Water/Steel typing is one hell of a defensive combination. Those things can be tough to take out without the proper typing. Also along with my water thing, I think Vaporeon is the best. He has served me well since Gen 1
  • enviremental - April 12, 2011 3:57 a.m.

Torchic. It evolves into a kick boxing fire chicken that can jump over buildings!!! Le' beast.
  • SuperSDizz - April 12, 2011 3:48 a.m.

Heck yes for Jolteon! As for starters, I can't decide between Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle.... Wait, just remembered Charizard...Charmander it is then :)