We Recommend

• ItBurnsWhenIWii - August 12, 2011 1:24 a.m.

Valve is digging a hole. The longer they wiat the higher expectations will be and at the end of the day it will be disappointing. not necissarily bad, but disappointing. (Gran Turismo 5, Duke Nukem Forever)
  • IcePotato - August 12, 2011 12:49 a.m.

inb4 Left 4 Dead 3.
  • Bloodstorm - August 12, 2011 12:24 a.m.

@Security77, when? I'm telling you, I'd put my money on them just deciding to make a Half-Life 3 instead of another episode. It doesn't take 5 years to make a 2 to 3 hours DLC. If they do release just another episode, Valve will loose a large chunk of their fanbase.
  • TheCakeIsaPie - August 12, 2011 12:23 a.m.

Guys, the HL2 episodes *are* HL3. Whenever Newell has an interview, he always refers to Episode 1 and 2 as HL3.
  • DecoyOctorok - August 12, 2011 12:22 a.m.

I love Valve and all but it really seems like it's time to cut the crap and just let us know what exactly is going on with the Half-Life series. I enjoyed the Left 4 Dead games and I love both Portals, but neither have come even close to sucking me in like the Half-Life universe has.
  • Security77 - August 12, 2011 12:11 a.m.

@Bloodstorm Valve confirmed that they are working on Half Life 2 Episode 3. No word yet on Half Life 3.
  • Redeater - August 12, 2011 12:10 a.m.

@Bloodstorm You sir are correct. It's pretty much been proven that certain studios can't handle episodic format. The rare exception being Lucasarts and Telltale. .....still waiting for SIN ep.2....
  • Redeater - August 12, 2011 12:07 a.m.

Wow I'm suprised that they didn't mention this in the article but it turns out after Gabe met them he actually bought them lunch. Oh Valve how you can do no wrong!
  • Bloodstorm - August 12, 2011 12:07 a.m.

@Security77, If they released a Half-Life 2 Episode 3, I'd flip out on Valve an picket their headquarters for the rest of time. I'm hoping that they have been making a new source engine in the background for the last few years or whatever, and are now working on Half-Life 3. It's too late for just another Half-Life 2 Episode.
  • QWERTYCommander - August 12, 2011 midnight

You know what? Valve deserves it. I couldn't care less about the game, but seriously, Half-life made them famous. To screw over the series that made them famous is just stupid. If they have no desire to continue the series, then they should just make the name public domain and let the fans work their magic.
  • Security77 - August 11, 2011 11:58 p.m.

Half Life 3 would be great, but I think we should be reasonable and just wait until Half Life 2 Episode 3.
  • onetimebuster - August 11, 2011 11:56 p.m.

Seeing this pic we can tell gabe is really working hard on the next half-life game.
  • RedOutlive10 - August 11, 2011 11:55 p.m.

Thanks to the pic I read this article as "in other news, Gabe is still fat".
  • Z-man427 - August 11, 2011 11:54 p.m.

@Bloodstorm: But we saw what a mess DN:F was.
  • Zepaw - August 11, 2011 11:54 p.m.

@Blood I understand what you mean. I loved L4D so L4D2 a year later was an amazing surprise. True Duke came out first but it HL3 takes as long as Duke then we will see it in 2019.
  • Bloodstorm - August 11, 2011 11:43 p.m.

The obsession is, games that came out after Half-Life 2 already have sequels, but the IP that made Valve what it is today has been silent for 5 years or so. I mean, Duke Nukem Forever came out before Half-Life 3........
  • Zepaw - August 11, 2011 11:27 p.m.

I enjoyed Half-Life 2 but I don't quite understand the obsession with a Half-Life 3. Considering how awesome their sequels have been so far such as L4D2 and Portal 2 I am sure it will be damn worth the wait.