We Recommend

• DCaff - June 11, 2013 6:13 p.m.

I already preoredered my Xbox one. I am super excited. Xbox conference was all about games. I have had every single console and I just like the games that come out for Xbox more. Sony exclusives don't appeal to me. For all of you saying Sony conference was more about games...they showed a bunch of games that are coming out on both consoles. I'm tired of Sony fanboys...blind, ignorant, and flat dumb. I'm not an Xbox fanboy either, I will be getting both but Xbox I'll get first cause the games like project spark,
  • DCaff - June 11, 2013 6:20 p.m.

Sorry I hit send on accident...as I was saying, project spark, titanfall, quantum break, and ryse...those look amazing. I don't care for grand torismo and final fantasy. I was leaning too the Ps before e3 but Microsoft games killed it. On a side note about Sony fanboys. Most of you are like "look how dumb you Xbox fans are spending so much money....hmmm remember ps3...699 when Xbox was 100-200 dollars cheaper. And last gen you said how dumb Xbox fans were for paying for online play...but now y'all are just like" its worth it". Blind. Fanboyism is just annoying. I will buy a ps4 when they show me a reason too.
  • imagremlin - June 12, 2013 6:08 p.m.

There's a difference, the PS3 was pitched as superior, hence costing more. Whether it was true is up for debate, but back then it was believable. Even then, Sony suffered for their decision and the lesson has been learned. Today the XBOXOne is offering what most consider less, while asking for more money. A lose-lose proposition. It's Microsoft's turn to take the reality pill. The XBOXOne situation is so bad, at least for me, that it will be the first console I will not buy in four generations, unless they ditch their beyond ridiculous DRM. There is no exclusive so wonderful that will have me bow to those rules.
  • deangelo-labon - June 17, 2013 8:49 a.m.

the ps3 was 699 because of the first let play ps2 games on it now if you remember when they took that out how the price drop?????? now im not fanboying at i own all of the last gen systems myself and also play pc and i have a wii u and will be getting ps4 but xbox one isnt worth it all those retarded policies are just horrible you are one of many that are blinded by there silly games that you dont see that your being cheated
  • skoottur - August 3, 2013 9:42 a.m.

The PS3 was so expensive when it first came out for multiple reasons that the xbox cant even touch. First lets do the math: When the ps3 launched a Blu-Ray player was $999.99. (I'm a manager at a Best Buy). PS3 was $599.99 and included a Blue-Ray player, gaming, computer ect.. do the math dumb shit. Xbox didn't have the ability to play movies either becuz of the switch in format. xbox didn't have wireless connections unless you baught a $100 adapter. PS3's wireless came built in. The Xbox 360 also had a hard drive of a whopping 4gb!! PS3 had a 80gb! Once you got that cheap box for the kids to play (xbox) and got it home you then relize you have to pay extra to have the ability to online! PS3's is free. The launch xbox 360 was not backwards compatible but the launch ps3 was. Listen im not a fanboy either, I own both systems. But I'm more of the adult gamer, I don't need nor want a cartoon avatar running around my screen.. xbox 360 is and good gaming console but the ps3 is a entertainment system. Big difference, and due to the things mentioned above its also the reason for the huge price difference. Do your research before thinking you know what Microsoft has. Remember Microsoft is a Software company.. not a hardware company.
  • josue-santos - November 27, 2013 8:57 a.m.

The biggest selling point of PS plus has always been the free games and the fact that it automatically saves your game files to the cloud. paying to play online is just an evolution of that model. "PS fan boys" still win out because we went nearly a decade with out have to pay to play online. Ps Plus membership is more than just paying for permission to use your internet
  • Danomeon - June 12, 2013 8:29 a.m.

Important to note, though. You're criticisng Sony for showing multiplatform games, but Titanfall AND spark will both ALSO be available on the PC. I was a little worried at the xbox conference. The games I was most excited for (titanfall and Project Spark) are both coming to PC, and if the history of the Dead Rising series is to be believed, it will be as well. And that Rise gameplay demo kind of worried me with all of the quick time event-looking button commands. And I'm worried about Killer Instinct being free to play, too. I'm worried that will throw the balancing off. Also, I don't know if you can really totally single out people who like Sony as fanboys and still not say to some degree that you're an xbox fanboy yourself. I mean, this entire post was literally a giant endorsement of one console while flagrantly denying the arguments of the other. There wasn't a single aknowledgement of anything Sony did right - like their promising first party history with studios like Naughty Dog, Guerilla, and Santa Monica, their $100 less price point, or the lack of used game/online restrictions. I'm kind of in the opposite camp as you. I like games like Halo, and I want to buy the console, but so far I haven't seen any reason to. All of the games I was excited about are either multiplatform, (Titanfall, Project Spark) or haven't had any gameplay footage yet (Sunset Overdrive, The new halo) and I don't know if I'm willing to wager that sunset overdrive is going to be good, considering the studio that made it just put out FUSE, which was heavily dissapointing.
  • avery78 - June 11, 2013 1:04 p.m.

After seeing the presentations on Monday, I can safely say I will be getting a PS4. XB One had some great looking games also but there was more that appealed to me on the PS side.
  • Danomeon - June 11, 2013 9:18 a.m.

I was excited to see xbox win me back over with great games, but they really dropped the ball. They showed good stuff, but screwed up on their two best games. Titanfall is coming to PC and 360 as well, meaning it's not an xbox one exclusive. In addition to this, Killer Instinct is free to play and starts you off with one character instead of being an on-the-shelf title! Those were the two games that had me excited! Now I'm sold on the PS4. 100 dollars less, better system specs, no used game or online restrictions, killer apps that are actually exclusives and not available on the computer as well, and a better profile of exclusive developers (Santa Monica and Naughty Dog, anyone?) I just wish that they had shown more new IPs at their conference.
  • Stankfinger92 - June 10, 2013 9:41 p.m.

I have to say at first I was the cynical about how both would turn out with favor towards neither. But E3 showed me something I have not seen at any in the best, humor. Humor and humility were the two graceful acts that Sony pulled off by showing everyone that not only will they be getting my money from now on but they also declared themselves the winners in I think a lot of peoples minds. I heard the chant at Sony's press conference, I and think Microsoft should listen to all the fans they pissed off find solace in a home that many thought lost. All I can say now is this, I'm sorry I left Sony, I hope you understand it was for the better because now this reunion will taste all the sweeter for both of us.
  • lilj805 - June 10, 2013 8:20 p.m.

Hands down PS4 with flying colors
  • jman0625 - June 8, 2013 7:08 a.m.

Wii U! But out of these two i don't know a single person who would say the XBone. PS4U!
  • Jet - June 8, 2013 2:13 a.m.

Xboned
  • db1331 - June 7, 2013 12:34 p.m.

Don't you mean, "Which one is SECOND best?"
  • Jet - June 8, 2013 2:12 a.m.

Not unless you mean to Pc
  • BladedFalcon - June 11, 2013 9:10 p.m.

He is. He ALWAYS is :P
  • jeffrey-stoddard - June 4, 2013 5:26 p.m.

Xbox One for me!
  • Danomeon - June 1, 2013 12:37 p.m.

I think that calling the exclusives slide in favor of Xbox One based on their promises might have been a bit of a bad move. While they did technically promise more exclusives, looking at their history in the recent past shows that their 'exclusives' have been a little lackluster near the end of the 360's life cycle. Kinect sports, skittles, and Fable: The Journey showcase some of their recent mess-ups, and seeing them squander their best talents and IP's (Case in point: rare) makes me wonder just how many of these new IP's are kinect exclusives or small arcade games. I would argue that, by the same logic that you gave PS4 the graphical edge because they showed more and put their money where there mouth is, you should also have given the exclusives to the PS4 because they have actually announced and shown more exclusive titles with their console. That being said, with so little information the race could really tip either way. I'm heavily leaning towards Sony at the moment, because their press conference had way more of an emphasis on games, actually showing new titles rather than just stating that new titles are in development. Seeing microsoft's advertisement-ridden dashboard already has my palms sweating a little bit, and I much prefer sony's sharing network of game footage to microsoft's 'most popular' media navigation. I don't want to see pop star advertisments everywhere. So, microsoft is really going to have to PROVE that they have strong IPs in development. I want to hear titles, the concepts of all these IPs, and see gameplay footage. They absolutely cannot be this vague at E3. The same can be said for Sony, too.
  • supadupasumo - May 31, 2013 5:09 p.m.

Well, I've had almost all the consoles through the ages, spent many an hour with my Xbox, then bought a PS3, then traded my Xbox. I'd like to think I was impartial, but I definitely hope the PS4 is the better console. I have PS+ until next September, and have just discovered the potential of cross play (shadow of colossus anywhere I feel like!) The thought of taking my home console gaming anywhere I please is a seriously fantastic prospect since I do spend a lot of time on the road. I did hate the Microsoft reveal, as that cut together video where all they talked about was TV and fucking COD condensed the essence into one short video, and on the surface at least Sony seem to be taking the lead at this point. Fact is, though, we won't actually know for a long time, but I do like the speculation. My money's on Sony to take this generation.......does anyone even remember the Wii U now? Only console I never gave a flying fuck about. Except the PSP, PSP go, PSP 1000, PSP light, PSP slim and/or lite, PSP 5billion etc etc
  • CitizenWolfie - May 31, 2013 5:15 a.m.

The last slide says it's too close to call, yet PS4 took more victories per slide? Anyway for my money I'll probably go with PS4 first. I'm a self-confessed Sony fanboy (despite having a PS3 and Xbox 360) and personally I prefer the Sony exclusives over Microsoft's hands down. I've gotten far more out of my free PSN account too than I ever have with my Xbox Gold account, so much so that I haven't bothered to renew my membership this year. Just in general after watching both reveal events I was far more excited at the PS4 than Xbox One. It seems like Microsoft are repeating all of Sony's mistakes with PS3 (namely assuming that gamers would love them regardless and just turn it into a media hub) whereas Sony appear to have learned from theirs and focused on the games again.
  • gadjo - June 4, 2013 12:45 a.m.

Despite being an xbox 360 owner this gen, I think ps4 has got this race in the bag as long as they don't do the same stupid online requirement and used game blocking. Usually I argue console wars on the games, but with shit like that it's hard to see the Xbone winning.
  • JimmyCooldaddy - May 30, 2013 7:51 p.m.

i wonder if i own both consoles if i can use the xbone's voice recognition to say "xbox, play ps4"...