We Recommend

• jmixont - July 2, 2009 2:25 a.m.

I miss Lucas Arts' Outlaws and No One Lives Forever.
  • PhantomOfKrankor - July 2, 2009 1:55 a.m.

Crash Bandicoot! Yes its still around but I haven't played a good one since 3! And i don't count crappy mario cart rip-offs as real Crash games. Rolling around in ball works for metroid, NOT marsupials! I have a sudden craving for peaches that defy gravity.
  • Ninja-KiLLR - July 2, 2009 1:19 a.m.

colonization a way old DOS game. but it was my first video game love. sure they made a recent redo but it got many things wrong that it did perfect so many years ago. i.e. since when did the Iroquois be in south america?!?!?!
  • sbghost64 - July 2, 2009 12:33 a.m.

STREETS OF RAGE!!!!!! GIVE ME MORE OR I'LL BE THE ONE CAuSING RAGE ON THE STREETS!!!!!!!
  • sbghost64 - July 2, 2009 12:27 a.m.

Baldur's Gate. I loved the first two and when i saw the teaser at the end of the second one, I was so psyched for another one. Years later i'm still waiting. And make another console kingdom hearts already. That stuff was the s*** even though it is impossibly hard to understand a lot of the story and i have no clue who any of the FF characters are since i never played them.
  • idunno - July 1, 2009 10:58 p.m.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is the franchise I miss the most. It will technically still be alive in The Old Republic, and I will still try that, but it's too much of a departure from the games I know and love. I have played through the first KOTOR at least a half dozen times (only played a good character once) and I am really attached to Revan. Since TOR is set 300 years after KOTOR I am going to assume we never really find out what happened to Revan as was talked about so much in KOTOR 2.
  • Mittenz - July 1, 2009 10:21 p.m.

I miss the Rare from the good ol day's. COME BACK! I WAITED A DECADE FOR BANJO THREEIE! WHAT'S THIS NUTS & BOLTS CRAP?!?!?!?!
  • elchetos - July 1, 2009 10:16 p.m.

I want to get on my knees and beg Tim Schafer to make something in the Grim Fandango universe. Can't get enough Manny Calavera
  • JuiceBoxHero - July 1, 2009 10:15 p.m.

The Mario franchise is still around, but I miss the days of Super Mario RPG.
  • Craza - July 1, 2009 9:54 p.m.

Without a doubt, MechWarrior. A pioneer in simulation! I even bought a Force Feedback controller just for it, still have it too! I absolutely adored MechWarrior, and I still do. MechAssault just wasn't the same..... I wish Fasa Studios never closed.
  • oreomonkey - July 1, 2009 9:41 p.m.

THE Michael Jackson Franchise, it just feels so dead to me.. Wait. Off Subject. And I'm not sure if I used franchise in the right context. I'll shutup now.
  • ZombiesVsYourMom - July 1, 2009 9:31 p.m.

Okami. I hope those rumors of BC for PS3 are true. Or should I go for the Wii version??
  • Lord_Muboblis - July 1, 2009 9:20 p.m.

Not sure if it's considered a franchise, BUT FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING GOOD, GIVE US OKAMI 2!
  • Amnesiac - July 1, 2009 9:06 p.m.

@GoldenMe: HOLY BALLS someone else on here actually knows what Legaia is. I'm so happy!
  • xSemiFictionx - July 1, 2009 8:51 p.m.

Interplay and Descent: Freespace...D:FS is probably the best sci-fi sim game ever released and the sad thing: no-one ever played it...the game is free online now, interplay released the source code for modding purposes so do yourself a favor and check it out
  • Khanthrok - July 1, 2009 8:40 p.m.

Troika. Their "Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines" absolutely defined for me the PC RPG. Seldom equalled, and never excelled, that. Unfortunately, it put them under, and White Wolf, the IP property holder, cancelled the campaign setting shortly thereafter, so it's pretty much a one shot deal.
  • Valntyne - July 1, 2009 8:16 p.m.

Vagrant Story, am I right or am I right?
  • Tabinabinamina - July 1, 2009 8:03 p.m.

Does one game count as a franchise because I want a new psi-ops it's the only game I ever played with full mind control powers, like take control of a guard in first person and make him jump off a building, now that's mind control, and it's the only game I ever played that clearly said to be continued but never was. I need closure dammit.
  • WolfAeter - July 1, 2009 7:52 p.m.

The Freelancer franchise.... that game was freaking HUGEEEEE!!!!... it was supposed to be a sequel but noooo FREAKING MICROSOFT DIDN'T WANTED TOO... and please don't say Starlancer was better than Freelancer or i'll get pissed off
  • Warhammer: 3025 - July 1, 2009 7:51 p.m.

Freedom Fighters. I've found very few people who even know it existed. My favorite game from IO Interactive (even more than Hitman).