Topics

E3 E3 2013

We Recommend

• Danomeon - June 17, 2013 9:15 a.m.

My biggest fear this console generation is that the internet is going to whine and complain about the XB1 and then forget all of their complaints like Amy's Baking Company and move on to something else to be angry about. Consumers shrug their shoulders and buy the xbox one anyways, because it has some good exclusives coming down the pipe. (Don't you dare count Titanfall and Project Spark, those are coming out for the PC.) The Xbox One does well regardless of the controversey. I'm scared that, if the PS4 doesn't significantly trounce the XB1 out of the starting gate, it'll send a message that we gaming consumers will buy whatever we are going to buy regardless of the quality. that Sony can make a series of really reasonable arguments against the XB1 against their press conference and still find themselves behind. I don't want to know how gaming will change if it turns out that companies don't really have to try at E3 to get console sales. What would the NEXT generation be like? That's why I'm putting my money in for the PS4 and abstaining from the XB1 until microsoft does something special. A serious justification of the always-online that gives gamers legitimately useful features, a change in the xbox 1's policy, or something else. I advise other consumers to vote with their money and go with the policies they really support this year.
  • Tjwoods18 - June 15, 2013 5:11 p.m.

Forbes made the jump to say that, in Amazons case, launch day PS4 orders are sold out.
  • TrueKilbot - June 15, 2013 4:37 p.m.

I blame Micro$oft for the high demand in the Playstation 4.
  • nonevilcookiemonster - June 15, 2013 5:11 a.m.

You will lose access to you're video games if you get banned on Xbox Live Microsoft has just confirmed http://www.noshitshurlock.com/getting-banned-on-xbox-live-will-block-access-to-games/
  • Tjwoods18 - June 15, 2013 7:24 a.m.

At least Microsoft is nice enough to allow you to buy back your rights to play the games you bought in the first place ^_^
  • pokepark7 - June 14, 2013 8:39 p.m.

looks like the PS4 will totally dominate the console wars after all
  • Tjwoods18 - June 14, 2013 11:51 a.m.

Confusing how people are quoting sales data solely from Amazon when, most likely, Walmart will be the biggest seller of Xbox one and PS4. They have physical presence in almost every town of every state, so it stands to reason that they would be a better measure of sales data.
  • Tjwoods18 - June 14, 2013 11:55 a.m.

Not to mention Target, Costco (maybe) and best buy.
  • brady-chandler - June 14, 2013 10:05 p.m.

So I don't have to stand in line with a bunch of smelly mouth-breathing cod fanboys and wait there for hours only to end up not getting one. Instead it will get delivered to my door before I get off on Wednesday and I have the next 2 days to play it.
  • slimjim441 - June 14, 2013 11:40 a.m.

I was going to retort in kind, but you pretty much covered it all.
  • aaron-smith - June 14, 2013 8:42 a.m.

Really? Amazon released a statement saying that preorders for the One were breaking records. People need to quit crying about DRM. True security will always infringe on a users rights. Deal with it and move on.
  • ultimatepunchrod - June 14, 2013 9:36 a.m.

I'm not opposed to the XBone (my plan is actually to get the PS4 this year and the XBone next year), but I disagree that honest, legitimate consumers who don't pirate games have to bare the brunt of these sorts of protections for game developers and publishers when hackers and those who do pirate games will just find a way around it at some point.
  • ParagonT - June 14, 2013 10:18 a.m.

That makes absolutely no sense... How can it be called "security" when they're infringing on your rights? Does that sound like its making you feel safer? If losing your rights equates to security, then there's nothing left to protect. Derp! On another note, this has less to do with rights and more to do with interests because we don't 'have' to buy their system. Which is why most of us are not going to buying the Xbox One. #Deal With It
  • Redeater - June 14, 2013 11:43 a.m.

I've said this before and I'll say it again....if you are a die hard fanboy you are a fucking idiot. I have preferred the Xbox for the last 2 generations. While I plan on getting an XBone I will be buying a PS4 first and the majority of my game purchases will be for the PS4. (The licensing fees are how they make their money anyways.) People like myself are "dealing with it" by moving to the PS4. If you are so blinded by rabid fanboyism that you can't see how MS isn't putting the customer first anymore, that's cool. Stick with the Xbone. I'll see the rest of you on the PSN.